Windows 10: Windows 10, IE11 'Open in FTP explorer' doesn't do anything

Discus and support Windows 10, IE11 'Open in FTP explorer' doesn't do anything in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just noticed that clicking on this option doesn't open it in file explorer like it does on my Windows 7 machine. I can browse my FTP drive fine from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Windows 10, IE11 'Open in FTP explorer' doesn't do anything

Just noticed that clicking on this option doesn't open it in file explorer like it does on my Windows 7 machine. I can browse my FTP drive fine from within internet explorer 11. It's not a major issue as I can type the address in file explorer and get it that way. It's just a little frustrating this option doesn't work. Anyone else notice the same?

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 31, 2015
  2. IanSawyer Win User

Can no longer open ftp files in wondows 10

Since upgrading from Windows 8 to 10 I can no longer open ftp files in file explorer. Edge doesn't even open the ftp site but even using internet explorer when choosing the view option 'open ftp in windows explorer' nothing happens.

Any advice?

IanSawyer, Dec 31, 2015
  3. FTP files on windows 10

I have a problem since updating to Windows 10. I used receive FTP files on a daily basis from a customer. I used to access their site and press ALT then view then Open FTP site in file explorer. Now the files do not appear and the FTP site does not open
    in File explorer?

Please help

RichardaRandall, Dec 31, 2015
  4. Windows 10, IE11 'Open in FTP explorer' doesn't do anything

It seems using file explorer to navigating to the internet ftp location is the only way to do this this in WIN10. It will not work from within IE11.

Tarak Abu Adam, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10, IE11 'Open in FTP explorer' doesn't do anything

1. Windows 10, IE11 'Open in FTP explorer' doesn't do anything - Similar Threads - IE11 'Open FTP

2. Windows Explorer doesn't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer doesn't open: Hi, I have an issue with my explorer.exe, on my taskbar it shows like it's working, when I switch betwen apps, it shows it, but at any momment, i can see the explorer windows. On task manager, explorer looks open, but no way to make it appear.I have already done a "Dism...
  3. Windows Explorer doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer doesn't open: Hi, I have an issue with my explorer.exe, on my taskbar it shows like it's working, when I switch betwen apps, it shows it, but at any momment, i can see the explorer windows. On task manager, explorer looks open, but no way to make it appear.I have already done a "Dism...
  4. Windows Explorer doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.: I am using Windows 10 Pro version 2004. I used to open FTP in File Explorer about 2-3 months ago I am not sure about the version of Windows at that moment. But today when I paste the FTP address into address bar of File Explorer, the link opened in IE instead. All my...
  6. FTP No Longer in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FTP No Longer in Explorer: So a few of my modded consoles use FTP. I prefer managing them through Windows Explorer, which worked for sometime. However, it has stopped working. Each time I attempt to open an FTP site, it pops-up with "How do you want to open this?". Googling has turned up several with...
  7. "sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    "sync settings" on Windows 10 doesn't do anything: As I said, I can't get sync settings to work. Please, please, please read my list of what I've done so we don't waste anyone's time. This is now my SECOND BRAND NEW MACHINE with this problem. Resetting Windows or creating a new user account is a total waste of time because...
  8. IE11 sometimes won't open with Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 sometimes won't open with Windows 10: Newbie here having an intermittent problem with IE11. Coupla' times a day I have to restart Windows 10 because I can't get it to open IE11. Sometimes it's when I click on a link in an email, sometimes just clicking on the Explorer icon the basic framework of IE11 comes up,...
  9. IE11 opens, will not work

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 opens, will not work: Open IE 11 in Win 10, get this msg; This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This posses a security risk. Do you want to continue? I deactivated it, reactivated, and shut down security, reduced to lowest lvl, but still get the same issues....
  10. Change FTP to not open in new window using windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change FTP to not open in new window using windows explorer: Whenever I ftp to a site it opens up in a new window. Is there any way to keep it in the same explorer window. Windows 7 did this and I can't seem to find an option on my computer to keep it in the same window. Example 78299

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open ftp in explorer does nothing