Windows 10: Windows 10 Image Backup Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Image Backup Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I have been trying to use the Windows10 backup system, selecting the System Image method, and the process starts fine. But, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkMusgrave, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Image Backup Issues

Hi everyone.

I have been trying to use the Windows10 backup system, selecting the System Image method, and the process starts fine. But, it is extremely slow in getting the job done (I am sending backup to a 1Tb WD drive), and then when it gets to the end of the process many hours later it tells me there was not enough space on the backup drive, so the backup failed.

First I would like to say, how can a backup system by Microsoft, in this age of advanced IT technology, not be able to check if the destination drive has sufficient storage space first and warn the user that this is the case? Not very clever.

Next, can anyone suggest why the process may be so slow, and is there a way of predicting the backup size before trying to start the process, or should I consider 3rd party backup software? Not keen on this one because I have tried a few previously and they are all too complicated and end up giving unpredictable results as well.
    By the way, the computer being backed up is a few years old, not the most modern processor, and only 4 Gb RAM. Not sure what speed the target hard drive runs at.

Thanks

Mark

:)

MarkMusgrave, Aug 27, 2018

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Image Backup Issues

Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 Image Backup Issues :p

de.das.dude, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Image Backup Issues

1. Windows 10 Image Backup Issues - Similar Threads - Image Backup Issues

2. Detecting image backup Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Detecting image backup Windows 10: Hi all, I have a question regarding the requirements for Windows 10 to detecting an image backup to restore from. I have created separate system images using the windows 10 tool and the directory system seems to be different for the two. When I try to restore, windows only...
  3. Windows 10 Image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Image backup: Since I upgraded to SSD system drive I get an error 0x8078004F when attempting an image backup. Thought this was because I had EFI partitions on two drives. Deleted one and kept the one on the system drive but still no good. I would appreciate some ideas Lee Brooker...
  4. Issue Creating Image Backups

Issue Creating Image Backups: I usually make an image backup after each Windows update. After the last update I'm unable to create one. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-creating-image-backups/da5a106b-1661-4cf1-aec0-3e4a41576951
  5. Windows 10 Image Backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Image Backup: Hi, Please help me as fast as you can! I have created a WindowsImageBackup and saved it to an external hard drive with another folder having my personal files on in. so now my hard drive have 2 folders the imagebackup and personal folder. after creating the windows image it...
  6. windows 10 image backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 image backup: why when I try to create an image backup on a 1 terra byte drive do I repeatedly get 97% complete then an 'unsuccessful backup' message very time please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-image-backup/c1a8a9a8-587f-4c9b-ba26-20ff5fe6cebb
  7. Issue Creating System Image Backup

Issue Creating System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup, and it is continuously failing and giving the following message: Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP. Please retry the...
  8. image backup windows 10

image backup windows 10: recommendations for windows 10 image backup ? many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/image-backup-windows-10/4777c933-ca9d-463a-aa5e-5bdd2d8f1858
  9. Creating System Image Backup Issues

Creating System Image Backup Issues: I made a thread here some time ago in trying to create a System Image (Sys Img) using a 3.0USB 1 TB Toshiba External HDD. My issue is it runs then stops with errors and creates blank folders in the ExtHDD. @essenbe this is the fella you were having discussions with on...
  10. Creating System Image Backup Issues

Creating System Image Backup Issues: I have a Toshiba 1 tb external hard drive and my issue is this, I reformatted the drive to NTFS to have a fresh disk to use. That went fine; it shows in Disk Management, it shows in Device Manager, it shows in This PC...BUT....it does not show in Create System Image. When I...