Windows 10: Windows 10 image issue - Only after logging in as domain admin

Discus and support Windows 10 image issue - Only after logging in as domain admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently created a Windows 10 (1703) image to be deployed to our new workstations. I followed the tutorials for Ten Forums and some other sites. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by agreve, Nov 2, 2017.

1. agreve Win User

Windows 10 image issue - Only after logging in as domain admin

I recently created a Windows 10 (1703) image to be deployed to our new workstations. I followed the tutorials for Ten Forums and some other sites. Here is the process I followed.

Boot new computer up > Boot to Audit Mode at the express settings screen.
    The computer reboots and automatically logs in as the local Administrator
    Customize the computer with the appropriate settings and software (Adobe and MS Silverlight)
    Set IE homepage to our companies address
    Ran Sysprep with copyprofile XML and then shutdown the PC

Next I used DISM to capture the images of the S: drive (System Partition) and the W: drive (Windows partition)

I proceeded by using the DISM command to apply the image to about half a dozen new PCs. I wiped the drives clean using diskpart and then applied the images to their respective partitions. I rebooted the PCs and followed the Windows OOBE setup to complete the process.

After a couple days one of the PCs was having an issue. I put the older Windows 7 PC back in its place so I could troubleshoot the Windows 10 PC. After searching online for a few days I've narrowed down the issue to be related to our domain admin account (Domain\Administrator).

What I have come to notice is that if I log into the PC as the domain admin user (Domain\Administrator) anyone that logs in after this user has issues with Internet Explorer, web shortcuts placed on the desktop, and some other departmental applications. Most of the icons do not display correctly. They are just white icons. Some programs do not appear to launch, but they do show in task manager. After searching online I found that this was related to the Administrator profile. I tested this yesterday by logging in as the domain Administrator user, then logged in a few other standard users (User A & User B). Both users experienced the same issues with IE, shortcuts and certain applications not working properly. I then logged in as myself and removed the domain Administrator users profile from the PC. I then logged back in as User A & User B and everything worked as it should. IE opened up to the correct homepage, all the applications worked properly. All of the desktop icons displayed correctly and the shortcuts opened in IE.

I am not sure what is causing this issue. Could there be something wrong with my image or the way it was captured/applied? Could this have something to do with the fact that Windows audit mode uses the Administrator account to customize the default profile and that we use the domain Administrator account?

:)

agreve, Nov 2, 2017
  2. DC_981 Win User

Windows 10 You may not have the appropriate permissions to access rundll32.exe

I have the same issue.

Just installed Windows 10 after reformatting the hard drive. Added the machine to a domain and logged into the machine using the domain administrator account and get this same message. I can access this if I log in under the local admin account but not
    the domain admin account.

DC_981, Nov 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu, Search and Task switcher not functioning after joining a domain

After joining my windows 10 pro machine to a server 2012R2 domain,, I cannot access the start menu, search or task switcher when logging in as a domain user (or domain admin). If I log in as a LOCAL user or with my @outlook.com account, everything works
    fine.

ReubenFischman, Nov 2, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 image issue - Only after logging in as domain admin

1. Windows 10 image issue - Only after logging in as domain admin - Similar Threads - image issue logging

2. HELP!! my lenovo computer only show domain admin login screen after disjoin domain

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HELP!! my lenovo computer only show domain admin login screen after disjoin domain: I'm sure I'm not the first to encounter this problem, but I found that no one posts. ScenesI have a domain administrator password and a local administrator password, so I should have full control of this computer. The regretful moment came when I logged into the domain...
  3. HELP!! my lenovo computer only show domain admin login screen after disjoin domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP!! my lenovo computer only show domain admin login screen after disjoin domain: I'm sure I'm not the first to encounter this problem, but I found that no one posts. ScenesI have a domain administrator password and a local administrator password, so I should have full control of this computer. The regretful moment came when I logged into the domain...
  4. HELP!! my lenovo computer only show domain admin login screen after disjoin domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update: Hello all,After a Windows Update, logging screen in Windows 10 changed from domain/local to live account.A computer I'm using is company provided, domain joined. It worked for more than a year without any problems.The screen looks like attached below: I do own two types of...
  6. Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update: Hello all,After a Windows Update, logging screen in Windows 10 changed from domain/local to live account.A computer I'm using is company provided, domain joined. It worked for more than a year without any problems.The screen looks like attached below: I do own two types of...
  7. Cannot log in to domain after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help: Hello Guys, I know that here is lot of theards with similar issue but I have really read most of topics hours and hours and still dont understand how to do it so I am thank you for all advices: So we have company network "namecompany.com" where is connected all devices in...
  9. Permissions Issues as Admin on a Domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions Issues as Admin on a Domain: I have a newly built W10 machine and I'm having issues when try to copy/paste a file in a Program Files folder or to the Windows folder, just as as examples. Although I'm not the owner of the drive, TrustedInstaller is, I've never had these issues before, especially as a user...
  10. Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions Issues Even As Admin on a Domain: I have a newly built W10 machine and I'm having issues when try to copy/paste a file in a Program Files folder or to the Windows folder, just as as examples. Although I'm not the owner of the drive, TrustedInstaller is, I've never had these issues before, especially as a user...