Windows 10: Windows 10 image

Discus and support Windows 10 image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having terrible luck with computers the last couple of years. Had a great Asus zenbook, backing up all the time on an Iomega black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by zendude, Aug 14, 2016.

1. zendude Win User

Windows 10 image

Hi,

I have been having terrible luck with computers the last couple of years. Had a great Asus zenbook, backing up all the time on an Iomega black belt, zenbook died, so did the Iomega. Lost everything...a lifetime of photos, docs, etc. The Iomega could not be saved...

Got a new Asus top of the line. Got a WD my passport for backup. Left click button stops functioning yesterday, a month after warranty ended. Tried to fix it, gorilla glass surrounding track pad shatters. Just ordered top of the line Dell. Windows 10 pro. The system image in the WD is home. I know I can restore the image from a home version to a pro version so that's OK.

However, when I upgraded to Windows 10 on the now broken Asus, there were a lot of problems; lots of duplicate files, two copies of the same user, a real mess. System has been pretty unstable since December (?) when I did the upgrade. Have to restart explorer at least 2 or 3 times per week. So here's the question: Will Winows 10 Pro be smart enough to fix any of the underlying problems I encountered with the upgrade on the Asus, and will all of my programs be preserved, including my email client, which is Thunderbird? Am I better to off to just not bother with restoring the image and start from scratch and after having a stable version, manually re-install all my programs and just transfer over files from the WD? Man does that sound painful!

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

zendude, Aug 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Windows 10 image

Welcome to the forum. A clean install is always the best option so your not getting any old problems

Samuria, Aug 14, 2016
  5. zendude Win User
    "

Thank you, Samuria. Assuming I do a clean install, will I be able to use the "back up" feauture instead of the image to get the old folers and files out of the external hard drive? I have both an image and a back up. Thanks for your help.

zendude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 image

1. Windows 10 image - Similar Threads - image

2. The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Window RE image was not found: Split from this thread. I have "The Window RE image was not found." problem also. winre.wim is located at C:\Recovery\WindowsRE taken from another tutorial Should I move it to c:\windows\system32\recovery??????Once I get it in the right place, do I extract contents from it...
  3. The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Window RE image was not found: Split from this thread. I have "The Window RE image was not found." problem also. winre.wim is located at C:\Recovery\WindowsRE taken from another tutorial Should I move it to c:\windows\system32\recovery??????Once I get it in the right place, do I extract contents from it...
  4. The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal: Recently, I have encountered a significant problem where images are not visible when attempting to copy pages within the app Microsoft Journal.Despite the absence of images during the copy process, they become visible once the page is saved as a PDF. However, this workaround...
  6. Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal

Why My Images Not Visible When Copying Pages In Microsoft Journal: Recently, I have encountered a significant problem where images are not visible when attempting to copy pages within the app Microsoft Journal.Despite the absence of images during the copy process, they become visible once the page is saved as a PDF. However, this workaround...
  7. Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!: So -Two years after our re-engineered fix for our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station it’s gone dark again. I reapplied the 2022 fix and even got a new IO code but no luck. I’m assuming it has to do with weather.io and connecting to it’s servers. Anybody have a...
  8. Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!

Our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station Has Gone Dark Again!: So -Two years after our re-engineered fix for our Sharper Image WS 115 Weather Station it’s gone dark again. I reapplied the 2022 fix and even got a new IO code but no luck. I’m assuming it has to do with weather.io and connecting to it’s servers. Anybody have a...
  9. Raw image development with Windows Photos application?

Raw image development with Windows Photos application?: Hi everybody,I am using Window 10 Professional - Version 22H2 I see that it is possible to view or open ? a Raw image using the Windows Photos application. Is it the Jpeg image incorporated into the Raw or really an interpretation of the Raw data by the application? In other...
  10. Windows 11 can't upload images in "ask a question"

Windows 11 can't upload images in "ask a question": Inserting a image .png or .jpg, 300 KB fails here in "Ask a Question" -> Files failed to upload I actually wanted to ask a question about Windows 11 language but this is not possible without images....