Windows 10: Windows 10 in China

Discus and support Windows 10 in China in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; China is a global epicenter for innovation and as we shared back in March at the Windows Hardware Engineering Community summit in Shenzhen, China,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 in China

Source: Windows 10 in China | Blogging Windows

Brink, Sep 23, 2015
  2. Akane Win User

I never use baidu it mass with my computer and have a lot of spyware *Sad

:)

Akane, Sep 23, 2015
  3. QiangWan Win User
    QiangWan, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Windows 10 in China

DOWNLOAD MAPS: ASIA doesn't contain China

My tablet with the China Core Country Specific version of Windows 10 had the China maps disappear. Maybe it had to do with region settings when I upgraded from Windows 8.1. No official news from Microsoft though.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 and the China maps are available again. I can download offline maps and I can also view them in English by adding an English language module in the control panel.

If I turn on the GPS on my tablet when I am in China and use the Windows Store, I can also download another component called Windows Maps China Navigation. I think this gives voice prompts in Chinese.

mayasun_845, Sep 23, 2015
  5. That's one way to make the "1 Billion PC" mark in no time! Computerworld has a similar report seen at Microsoft strikes deal with Chinas Baidu, gets a chance to upgrade more than half a billion PCs to Windows 10 | Computerworld

I never had any problem seeing Bing as the search engine here finding far less risk of malwares and adwares while still advising some type of web filtering process since bad sites can come up on any search engine at times. So it wasn't any surprise seeing Bing in Cortana being MS's own used there.

The same would seem to apply for baidu as well simply being another search option on the web seen there. As for Edge that is still in need of a number of fixes even with the latest 10547 build I hear.

Night Hawk, Sep 24, 2015
  6. It's designed to filter out all the stuff that the Government doesn't what them to see.

orlbuckeye, Sep 24, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

what's up with all this anti China stuff -- OK it's not the USA or Holland - but on the whole the country works satisfactorily for most of its people - and the West seems to be quite greatful for relying on the Chinese economy there to get their own economies out of a massive hole. As far as Human rights are concerned -- what about "Rendition" and other practices I'm sure the US Federal govt would rather people don't know about.

The Chinese are quite capable of bypassing blocks etc -- if you want to complain about ISP blocking just look at the UK which probably has the Courts blocking more sites (usually ineffectually BTW) than the rest of the planet combined.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 24, 2015
  8. tcman50 Win User

Windows 10 in China

What did China ever do to deserve this? *Roflmao2

tcman50, Sep 24, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Anyway I'm looking forward to a FREE meal in my favourite Chinese restaurant while I'm getting the latest movies from various unspecified but well known sites !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 24, 2015
  10. AllenChicago, Sep 24, 2015
  11. Leopard Win User
    The negotiations involved leading Chinese companies and government institutions. Microsoft will work on cloud solutions for Chinese businesses, prioritizing state-owned enterprise customers. The Microsoft/China partnership is aimed at users in specialized fields in government institutions and critical infrastructure state-owned enterprises. Replacing XP and W7 on the workers PCs was not the guiding force behind these negotiations, but it was something the Chinese knew that MS really wanted. It was a nice trump card to hold in these negotiations and we do not know just yet how it was played. Baidu wins whatever the OS happens to be, even if the OS is pirated. The road to W10 in Asia, South America, Russia and its current/previous satellites is strewn with banana peels, but it seems that MS believes they will not step on any of them.

Leopard, Sep 24, 2015
  12. "This broadcast has been "censored"! just to let you know! Have to keep a low profile here. *Biggrin

Night Hawk, Sep 24, 2015
  13. Ninetailz Win User

Windows 10 in China

Baidu does suck

Ninetailz, Sep 25, 2015
  14. Fafhrd Win User
    I'd be interested to know why there are anti-Baidu comments from two members.

Are they commenting on Baidu the ISP and Web services company, their online Chinese language search tools and encyclopedia, or their software: PC Faster Utilities suite, Baidu Antivirus or Spark Browser?

Fafhrd, Sep 25, 2015
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .to quote an old an saying (not really that old) "Whatever". . .*Smile

Thema:

Windows 10 in China

1. Windows 10 in China - Similar Threads - China

2. i just left from china and my laptop seems to still have effects of china's firewall, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just left from china and my laptop seems to still have effects of china's firewall, how...: im just wondering if the golden shield project affects computer or if it is just firewall, and why my laptop still has its effects even though im not in china anymore...
  3. i just left from china and my laptop seems to still have effects of china's firewall, how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just left from china and my laptop seems to still have effects of china's firewall, how...: im just wondering if the golden shield project affects computer or if it is just firewall, and why my laptop still has its effects even though im not in china anymore...
  4. Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China: I bought my current PC about 6 months ago in China where I live and work. Up until a week ago, it was activated and everything was fine. About a week ago, I started seeing the activate windows watermark in the bottom right. In the activation screen, it displays the Product ID...
  5. Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China

Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China: I bought my current PC about 6 months ago in China where I live and work. Up until a week ago, it was activated and everything was fine. About a week ago, I started seeing the activate windows watermark in the bottom right. In the activation screen, it displays the Product ID...
  6. Windows 10 can't activate or upgrade - China

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China?: Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China, for example, Macau and Hong Kong?If not, is that possible to pay up to acquire the license at a reasonable cost?...
  8. Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China?

Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China?: Is it legal to use China OEM Windows PRO outside of Mainland China, for example, Macau and Hong Kong?If not, is that possible to pay up to acquire the license at a reasonable cost?...
  9. I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...: Please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-laptop-in-china-the-windows-is-in/bd652dde-2069-4d6a-bea4-7d95ab5e9e10
  10. I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...

I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...: Please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-laptop-in-china-the-windows-is-in/bd652dde-2069-4d6a-bea4-7d95ab5e9e10