Windows 10: Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Friends, Hope this finds you well. I've communicated with both HP and Microsoft about this issue with my brothers Laptop. Ever since he allowed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NanoPad, Apr 11, 2017.

1. NanoPad Win User

Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems

Dear Friends,
    Hope this finds you well.
    I've communicated with both HP and Microsoft about this issue with my brothers Laptop.
    Ever since he allowed the Windows 10 upgrade unbeknown to him as MS slipped it in an Update as your aware. I used GWX control panel to block it. Windows 7 is still the most used OS at this time..
    Problem(s)
    He has had an issue with the headphones playing audio and no audio through the internal speakers.
    Below is a last ditch suggestion by HP. Believe me we have done everything under the sun and nothing has fixed it permanently.
    My hunch is that his computer never had the resources to run Windows 10 properly. And HP never updated anything or lets say the drivers to run Windows 10 on an older computer. "Business as usual.." I'm certain many folks out there have had this same issue.
    What we would like to know if possible assuming the steps below don't solve this and I'm just a little leery at this point that they will. Is what is the Best Way to get the computer back to Windows 7? There are no discs that he knows of in his possession.
    I may be wrong about this as I have been in the past about certain things, But...
    Any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
    Sincerely, Raphael

This is the model:
    HP Pavilion g7-1150us Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

Re: Compatibility of Windows 10 and HP Computer - Audio Headphones Only [ New ]Options‎04-10-2017 05:39 PMHi: HP does not support any PC made before August of 2013 for W10. HP Products Tested with Windows 10 | HP® Customer Support
    So, the g7-1150us is not supported for W10, and unfortunately, there are no W10 audio drivers for it. You can try the W7 driver from the support page and hope it works...Install and restart the PC. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59154.exe You can also try this workaround to see if you can get the onboard sound to work... Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category. 1. Select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.2. Select Driver tab.3. Click on the Update Driver button.4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next. A warning message may appear, but click Yes.7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.8. Restart the PC. The key is step 6. If that doesn't work either, I suggest you reinstall W7, which is the only supported operating system for that model.

:)

NanoPad, Apr 11, 2017
  2. Aileen126 Win User

Is windows 10 incompatible with turtlebeach earforce x12 headset?

Is windows 10 incompatible with turtlebeach earforce x12 headset?

All cords ( audio, mic, and usb) are plugged to laptop, but there is no sound and headset does not appear on playback devices

Aileen126, Apr 11, 2017
  3. The sound cuts out when I try to connect my new HP Laptop with Windows 10 with my Samsung monitor with an HDMI cable.

Original Title: Connecting laptop with Windows 10 to 2nd monitor.

The sound cuts out when I try to connect my new HP Laptop with Windows 10 with my Samsung monitor with an HDMI cable. It works with my flat screen TV. I checked the audio card and it is up to date. Is there a switch for getting the audio? Or the two now
    incompatible because of the new operating system?

EdwardWeinbergTO, Apr 11, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

Looking at the specs for the model, it uses either Conexant or IDT audio. Which does your brother have?

These drivers may be worth a try if it's IDT:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ng-home-to-pro

If your brother wants to revert to 7, I suppose that he is long out of the time period permitted to do that easily.

HP offers restore media for Win 7:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers.../model/5128929

I presume that it's not free, but I hope that it's inexpensive.

Using that will wipe the OS partition, I believe, so your brother would have to be prepared to deal with that. (Backup files, be able to re-install all non-HP software, etc.)

bobkn, Apr 11, 2017
  5. NanoPad Win User
    Thank You!
    See attachment.
    Not sure what he would say about the approach of wiping the OS partition, backup files, etc...
    I suppose there isn't a Restore point to be used in this case!?
    Any other thoughts? Looking at the specs its pretty obvious to me that this computer was NEVER capable of running even the very first version of Windows 10.
    Which was something like 16.6B hardware/20 GB for 64 bit, 16GB Ram. The first edition was released in July 2015.

PLEEZE be as clear as possible with your replies.
    Common sense would tell you that Windows should not have released this in an Update to those that had no prior knowledge or expertise to know the differences.
    Sincerely, Raphael
    *Banghead

Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems [​IMG]

NanoPad, Apr 11, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    My Toshiba isn't supported either, but runs W10 just fine. The generic MS drivers seem to work, particularly the HD Audio with my Conexant chipset. When a manufacturer says 'not supported' they mean they don't want to to test all their old models or rewrite drivers, not that the hardware is incompatible. HP just seems to have a more aggressive 'age' cutoff policy for testing than most - it means they haven't bothered to test it, not that they've tested it and it failed.

Let's get the obvious one out of the way first...

No sound from speakers, only headphones can be as simple as having headphones set as the default device. Type SOUND in the Cortana/Search box and open 'Sound, Control Panel'. Without the headphones plugged in, is there a green tick on the Speakers icon? And if you click on Speakers, does the 'Set default' button stop being greyed out? Then click 'Set default' and your speakers should work.

If Speakers doesn't appear in the list, right-click on an empty area of the Sound control panel and tick 'Show Disabled Devices' and 'Show Disconnected Devices'.

7. Bree New Member
    The minimum hardware specs for Windows 10 are...
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind...specifications

I have Creators Update (32 bit) running quite happily (if a little slow) on my test machine with just 1GB RAM.

8. NanoPad Win User

As far as I know or recall we tried these steps..At best the speakers might work at that time, but when you shut down the computer and reboot lets say the next day. The speakers stops working..which makes me think that another driver/update from somewhere is done and resets what was just set manually.
    Look at the specs on his laptop and compare that to the "minimum " Windows 10 requires to run reliably. The upgrade from what I see should of never been allowed. This all started not to long after the upgrade was done under handedly by MS.Tx, Raphael

NanoPad, Apr 11, 2017
  9. bobkn Win User
    Did you try the IDT drivers that I linked to (post #2)? Not guaranteed to work, but probably will do no harm.

I doubt that the laptop is underpowered as regards Windows 10. Generally, if a computer can run Windows 7 well, it has enough resources to run 10. !o includes a lot of drivers out of the box, and Windows Update can supply additional drivers.

However, that doesn't guarantee that a given PC (especially a laptop) will be 100% functional under 10. Laptops may used customized drivers, and if the manufacturer doesn't provide Windows 10 updates, then the stuff that Microsoft provides may not be enough.

Hence the class-action lawsuit: Windows 10 upgrades: Microsoft sued for millions

My opinion is that anyone who permits a major OS upgrade without having an image (backup) of the current Windows installation is making a serious error. However, Microsoft didn't require (or even promote) backups. I doubt that they were fully prepared to deal with the upgrades that didn't go well. Maybe it was worth it to them: having to support multiple OSes, and having to deal with unpatched versions, must be a real problem for MS.

bobkn, Apr 12, 2017
  10. NanoPad Win User
    Thank YOU! and that is pretty much of whats going on in my brothers case. In order to get his computer back into Windows 7 is no task for a beginner/novice as it will nearly always require backing up photos, files, etc..dealing directly with Microsoft for a new product key and downloading and installing all the apps you used. That partition is wiped off the face of the earth so to speak.
    As we would agree this was all preventable and I mentioned this several times in my conversations with Microsoft support.
    Time will tell...will these "giants' ever learn? I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom, but any thing that has the word *corporation* included or in front of it spells danger.
    God help us!

NanoPad, Apr 12, 2017
  11. erpster4 Win User
    IDT Audio products (both AC97 & HDA) were sold off to Tempo Semiconductor Inc in December 2013.

well Bree, my dad's Toshiba C55Dt laptop (model PSCFWU) is supported by the Windows 10 upgrade and Toshiba provided Win10 compatible drivers on their web site; his laptop uses Realtek ALC269 audio (yup, lucky me *Smile).

for Nanopad's case he could also try the IDT HD Audio 6.10.6498.0 driver from HP (sp65196.exe), regardless of Windows version.

erpster4, Apr 14, 2017
  12. The worst case scenario is that you can install a Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode. This may not work for all drivers. My friend has a laptop that has an AMD video card, no 10 driver is available for it, he used the compatibility mode method to get it working.

AnonVendetta, Apr 14, 2017
  13. bobkn Win User

bobkn, Apr 15, 2017
  14. NanoPad Win User
    Dear Friends,

Whats happening is when the headphones are unplugged the computer cannot default back to the internal speakers or lets say find them.
    The speakers are not disconnected connector/cable wise..we have got them to run. Something is getting lost in the shuffle..
    We will try the driver download as well suggested and maybe that will help with this.
    Thanks again,
    R

NanoPad, May 2, 2017
  15. NanoPad Win User
    ​What drivers? Could you supply us with the drivers or correct link and not just a "general page" for drivers.
    I did have one tech assure me that used an Enterprise version of Windows 10 that he has installed Windows 10 on machines 5-7 years old that have run Windows 10 fine. To the best of my knowledge HP never had updated windows drivers for 10. This computer is no longer considered alive by HP...
    *Think
    Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    Best, Raphael

NanoPad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems - Similar Threads - incompatible Laptop Audio

2. Laptop Audio and Bluetooth Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Audio and Bluetooth Problem: Good day!I would like to ask for technical support with my laptop regarding the problem stated above. The audio keeps on making the "brrt" sound randomly when I play some audio. Meanwhile, the bluetooth keeps on disconnecting my devices.Know that I already updated the...
  3. Laptop Audio and Bluetooth Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Audio and Bluetooth Problem: Good day!I would like to ask for technical support with my laptop regarding the problem stated above. The audio keeps on making the "brrt" sound randomly when I play some audio. Meanwhile, the bluetooth keeps on disconnecting my devices.Know that I already updated the...
  4. ASUS laptop audio problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS laptop audio problems: Okay so I own a ASUS TUF gaming f17, it's running windows 11 and frankly the sound on it isn't very good. I tried installing realtek high definition audio driver but at the very end it always gives me an error and the audio hasn't improve. I asked about this and I was told to...
  5. Incompatibility of Windows 2004 with Conexant Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incompatibility of Windows 2004 with Conexant Audio Drivers: It has not been possible to update Windows 10 to any versions later than 1909 due to incompatibilities with the Conexant Audio drivers. Many laptop PCs, even quite recent ones, are built with audio hardware that use the Conexant drivers. It is my understanding that support...
  6. audio problem on new window 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    audio problem on new window 10 laptop.: On my new laptop manufactured only a few months ago the audio on video playbacks ,after sleep ,does not play except groove music albeit not a video However If I close down and then restart the audio is restored. On my other 5 year old laptop updated from windows 8 this...
  7. Audio & Driver incompatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio & Driver incompatibility: Hello ! I installed the new version of windows 10 32 bit the 10 may upgrade . After that my sound card driver become incompatible with the laptop [ intel SST Audio Device wdm ] and Realtek 12S Audio codec got code 10 error and i only have ES8316AudCodec Device working good....
  8. incompatibility problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    incompatibility problem: hello everyone i need help am unable to install gta vice city it says can not find 640 by 480 video mode video i have tried every solution i have found online about changing compatibilty settings but its still not working what am using windows 10 what should i do?...
  9. Incompatible with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incompatible with Windows 10: I'm trying to open an app (PicturePackage) but it is not compatible w/Windows 10. It is compatible with Windows XP & 2000. What can I do to recover the photos on this CD?...
  10. Audio problem with laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio problem with laptop.: So recently I just purchased a Dell XPS 15. Maxed out pretty much everything I could on it and it's blazing fast BUT I keep having issues with the audio. I know that the speakers are on the bottom so that the laptop so they can keep the laptop light and slim and what not but...