Windows 10: Windows 10 Index broken please help

Discus and support Windows 10 Index broken please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my basic issue is that using Index Options I get the app saying "Waiting to receive indexing status ..." . I hit the advanced button nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by plugs, Jul 14, 2018.

1. plugs Win User

Windows 10 Index broken please help

So my basic issue is that using Index Options I get the app saying "Waiting to receive indexing status ..." . I hit the advanced button nothing happens. All locked up. So hunted as one does and tried in order :
    • The Search Index Trouble shooter - no problems
    • check disk - no problem
    • sfc /scannow
    • dsim restorehealth
    • c:\users\me\appdata microsoft search - deleted the contents
    • Registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\SetupCompletedSuccessfully = 0
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:e:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess using a new download image
    Fed up now and completely flummoxed.

Cn someone please help I do not want to to do a full install *Sleepy

:)

plugs, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Windows Indexing seems to be broken

I've recently run into a problem with WIndows Indexing, mainly it's affecting my ability to use Outlook properly.

I've done some research and tried a few commonly suggested steps; this includes making sure that the Windows Search service is still running - I've restarted it several times to no avail. I've gone to Control Panel>Indexing Options, and tried to rebuild
    the index, but whenever I hit the 'Advanced' button the window freezes, and won't open the next window for the Rebuild option.

I've tried moving 'Windows.edb' out of C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows in order to try and get it to rebuild, but this hasn't made any difference.

Nothing seems to be able to move Windows to rebuild the index, any suggestions would be appreciated.

JamesTurner Inman1, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Index broken please help

Search index settings

Hi Samir,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to some corruption or broken index. Kindly refer the below given methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Search and Index troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Index broken please help

1. Windows 10 Index broken please help - Similar Threads - Index broken please

2. Computer Broken Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Broken Please Help: I am trying to factory reset my computer. Every time I start up my computer it states"No Input" on the monitor when I see this I restart the computer again and again until I get the Automatic Repair and get brought to a menu where I can boot up safe mode and factory reset the...
  3. Computer Broken Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Broken Please Help: I am trying to factory reset my computer. Every time I start up my computer it states"No Input" on the monitor when I see this I restart the computer again and again until I get the Automatic Repair and get brought to a menu where I can boot up safe mode and factory reset the...
  4. Windows Security Is Broken For Me Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Is Broken For Me Please Help: Problem 1:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MZViFXVtXz__1_CbtGjuaymGe4-7ZZda/view?usp=sharing Problem: Every time I open window security all I see in blankProblem 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QtLioz0IFN9aUmH6gCu0vTBrGU6HD9wR/view?usp=sharingProblem: Cant Open Real Time...
  5. Windows Security Is Broken For Me Please Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Is Broken For Me Please Help: Problem 1:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MZViFXVtXz__1_CbtGjuaymGe4-7ZZda/view?usp=sharing Problem: Every time I open window security all I see in blankProblem 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QtLioz0IFN9aUmH6gCu0vTBrGU6HD9wR/view?usp=sharingProblem: Cant Open Real Time...
  6. Windows 10 Home is broken. Help me, please.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home is broken. Help me, please.: My windows 10 home is broken, unintentionally, I sent all my desktop files to E:/ , which is my laptop's second hard drive with a space of 1TB. I ran a scan on the drive and it came out as perfectly fine. Groove music says "This file was encoded in a unsupported format" for...
  7. OOBE broken. Please HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE broken. Please HELP: I've made similar threads already but I will keep making them until I get a response. I did a factory reset of my win10 laptop. Windows reinstalled fine. But the OOBE is broken. After I choose my keyboard layout, it tells me "Something went wrong, try again" and just keeps...
  8. Cortana's Broken. Help, Please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana's Broken. Help, Please: When I click in the search box down in the Task Bar brings up The Cortana Window. Typing frequently brings up anything but what I'm asking for. Space bar will make it close completely and sometimes disappear from the Task Bar. Sometimes it closes while typing. Click in the...
  9. Windows Search and/or Indexing Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search and/or Indexing Broken: Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have encountered an interesting problem. I realized it initially when I would press start and begin to type a program's name in order to run it, as I was doing with Windows 7, but it would not find any results and would prompt me...
  10. Windows Search and Indexing Broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Search and Indexing Broken: After upgrading to TH2 I had an issue with windows search. The service wouldn't start at all. I managed to run the Windows Search service. I had to delete the Key RebuildIndex and change value of key SetupCompletedSuccessfully to 1. [img] Now that the search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 index broken

2. waiting to receive indexing status freezes