Windows 10: Windows 10 Indexing extremely slow

Discus and support Windows 10 Indexing extremely slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! Is it normal, that Windows 10 indexing is so anoyingly slow? We had trouble with Outlook PST file (aprox. 22GB) on Outlook 2016, so I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mitjau, Jul 30, 2018.

1. mitjau Win User

Windows 10 Indexing extremely slow

Hi!

Is it normal, that Windows 10 indexing is so anoyingly slow?

We had trouble with Outlook PST file (aprox. 22GB) on Outlook 2016, so I've removed it and repaired it with ScanPST whitch took around an hour.

Than we started rebuilding the index (aprox. 270,000 objects). That was three days ago.. and is still 190.000 object to re-index.

I've already disabled pausing indexing prior the index rebuld but it is still so slow.

https://office-watch.com/2016/force-windows-indexing-to-run-faster/

The problem is, that until indexing is complete, there no usefull results in outlook search.

The background: I've replaced the customer old laptop on witch he had trouble that indexing was crashing every twoo months.

Now it's on brad new Elitbook with SSD and searching (indexing) is still an issue in Outlook....

Any idea anyone?

:)

mitjau, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Rebuilding the search index in your computer may help speed-up the loading of photos in the app. The search index is like a directory of files and media in your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Indexing Options, and click on Indexing Options from the results.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Under Troubleshooting, click Rebuild.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, you may reinstall the Photos app. For steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app, follow the steps provided by Anil Madishetty on this thread:

Why won't my Photos app load on Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Indexing extremely slow

Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Indexing extremely slow

1. Windows 10 Indexing extremely slow - Similar Threads - Indexing extremely slow

2. windows 10 slow indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 slow indexing: I.ve had a number of different platforms with the same issue with Indexing in windows 10 and with outlook. I’ve read at similar post like this recommending the usual repair process.scan HDDsfc /scannowscanpstrebuild indexTrouble shooterusually this will resolve most issues,...
  3. windows 10 slow indexing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 slow indexing: I.ve had a number of different platforms with the same issue with Indexing in windows 10 and with outlook. I’ve read at similar post like this recommending the usual repair process.scan HDDsfc /scannowscanpstrebuild indexTrouble shooterusually this will resolve most issues,...
  4. windows 10 slow indexing

in Cortana
  5. Windows 10 is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is extremely slow: I have no idea why this is. I was running Windows 10 perfectly on my Dell Latitude E7440 but now everything just runs so slowly. I tried resetting my laptop twice but the same errors still persist?? I also attempted to modify the minimum and maximum amounts of ram Windows...
  6. WIndows 10 extremely slow login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIndows 10 extremely slow login: Hello everyone, I recently started noticing that windows would take extremely long to log in to my account. I would see the prompt for my PIN, type it in and the "Welcome" wheel would start spinning. And it would keep spinning for about 5 minutes before finally logging in....
  7. Extremely slow Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  8. Extremely Slow

Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  9. Windows 10 extremely slow

Windows 10 extremely slow: Hello, I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s thing. Laptop has intel core i5-4210U, 500GB (only 138 is actually used), 4GB of RAM. Windows 10 Pro is installed and without...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 extremely slow on startup: I have a 256 gig SSD with 88 gig free (not part of the profile). I upgraded to Windows 10 two weeks ago. Everything seemed fine until Monday morning when it went into repair mode on startup. I had to reinstall from the media DVD. Afterward, when it started, it was so slow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows indexing slow

2. windows 10 search very slow

3. windows 10 slow indexing

4. indexing is slow,
  5. indexing is very slow with windows 10 1803,
  6. facing a very slow indexing,
  7. windwos 10 slow indexing,
  8. slow indexing windows 10,
  9. indexing is incredibily slow,
  10. indexing from one content is very slow,
  11. slow dowloading indexing,