Windows 10: Windows 10 Infinite Loading/Updating Upon Boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Infinite Loading/Updating Upon Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I turn my computer on I am greeted with my motherboard screen and then white spinning dots on a blue screen, and my screen flicks black every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Devonias, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Devonias Win User

Windows 10 Infinite Loading/Updating Upon Boot

Whenever I turn my computer on I am greeted with my motherboard screen and then white spinning dots on a blue screen, and my screen flicks black every minute or so. There is nothing else I can do. I contacted Windows support and they said my system was updating and it should be done in an hour. After the system has been "updating" the whole night it is still doing the same this. Before I had this problem the last thing I did was copy my main HD to a larger SSHD. The copy needed to restart my PC, and it did. After that when I turned on my computer I would log in to a flickering screen, and other times a black screen. I looked at tutorials to fix it but nothing worked, so I attempted a system refresh. I think that is what may be causing this blue loading screen and am stuck at this point, ctrl+alt+del does nothing. I have a backup on my external drive so if somehow a refresh could be achieved it wouldn't be a problem. If someone could help me I would be very thankful! *Smile

:)

Devonias, Dec 17, 2015

2. Infinite Load Screen

Recently I have purchased an acer laptop and after three months it’s suddenly crashed, I have tried to boot it up and either i get an infinite loading screen upon startup or i get a preparing automatic repair and then contiues in an endless loop, a week
    ago I tried to use a usb startup and it sent me into another boot loop. Is there any way to solve this problem? Is this a problem with Windows 10?

Superknight, Dec 17, 2015
  3. KB4048955 - Installation aborted

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.19 with an Intel I7-7700HQ.

Windows Update proposes KB4048955 but upon reboot the installation is aborted (twice) and eventually upon login WU proposes the update again, in an infinite loop.

Thanks

GiovanniStoto, Dec 17, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

How did you copy your system to the SSHD? With what program?

5. YOU
    You Win User
    Does the screen specifically say "updating"?

During the actual boot screen, pressing Ctrl+ALT+Delete should reset the PC.

Can boot into Safe Mode?

6. Devonias Win User
    The screen does not say updating, only a blue screen with spinning circles. For some reason I can now press ctrl+alt+del, but after a few seconds it goes back to the blue screen. When I try to hold shift and reset it resets the computer and says please wait. When I turn the computer on again it's the same cycle, and I'm not in safe mode.

Devonias, Dec 18, 2015
  7. Devonias Win User
    I used the western digital software to copy my drive.

Devonias, Dec 18, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

That's the screen that appears while r logon screen is loading. Do see the HDD indicator light blinking/on while this is happening? (it is usually red, on the front of r computer)

9. Devonias Win User
    Yes the HDD indicator is blinking.

Devonias, Dec 18, 2015
  10. YOU
    You Win User
    Just leave it for a little while and see what happens.

11. Devonias Win User
    I left it on over night and the majority of yesterday and nothing changed.

Devonias, Dec 19, 2015
  12. lmaneke Win User
    It sounds like it was a bad image restore, or it simply could be a bad SSD.

If you can boot into your old HDD, then there are no issues there.

What you may need to do, is to install a clean copy of Windows onto your SSD, and see if you have the same result. Sometimes a clean install will fix the issue.

Since you still have a working installation on your other HDD, you can keep that so you have a running system.

Do you have a Windows 10 Media? if so, disconnect your HDD so your SSD is the only drive connected to your system. Boot to the DVD media, and enter your product key, or skip if you don't have one, and Install a clean copy, and try that.

If you don't have a copy of Windows 10. you can go to google, and type in "Windows 10 Media Creation tool"

click on the link, and download the tool. After download, run the tool, and select Windows 10, and select 64 bit version.

Create either a bootable USB, or an ISO so you can download to a DVD later.

After that, either boot to the USB, or DVD, and follow the steps to install Windows on your SSD.

Hope that works.

lmaneke, Dec 19, 2015
  13. YOU
    You Win User

Before reinstalling Windows, I recommend booting into Safe Mode.
    1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete a few times during the blue Windows logo with the spinning dots (the logo may be the manufacturer's). (Not the motherboard screen)
    2. Keep doing that until get a "starting Startup Repair" message.
    3. Wait for startup repair to finish scanning. It may or may not detect problems. If it detects and fixes problems, great, but I would recommend continuing anyway to make sure that everything has been fixed.
    4. Choose Advanced Options on the screen after startup repair.
    5. Choose Troubleshooting.
    6. Choose Startup Options,
    7. Click the "Reboot" button.
    8. 'll get a screen of options that says to press the corresponding number of the startup mode that want on the keyboard. Press the number for safe mode (I think this is 5)
    9. If it boots into safe mode, great. If it can't, and freezes or something, can just hold the power button on the front of the computer for a few seconds and it will shut off.
    10. If it does boot, sign in, and open Device Manager.
    11. In Device Manager, at the top, click Actions, and select Scan for Hardware Changes.
    12. Any drivers need for the hardware on the new computer will be installed (the old drivers most likely carried over).

Then choose Restart under Power in the start menu.

If that fails, boot into Safe Mode and right click and click remove on all of the devices in Device Manager and reboot, but if that also does not fix the problem, an install directly on that computer with a CD/USB would be r best bet.

14. Devonias Win User
    When I tried to boot into safe mode the same screen would appear. I booted the Windows iso off of my usb and tried to do a startup repair and it couldn't diagnose the problem. I then tried to reset my PC and it says "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." I went into command prompt and saw that the drives were online, but I don't know how to unlock them. This shows why Windows wasn't booting correctly on my main drive.

Devonias, Dec 27, 2015
  15. JCGJCG Win User
    Hi, I got the same problem since yesterday (over night, no changes I know of). The PC doesn't boot anymore, it stops with the screen and the spinning dots (after the windows logo, just a unicolor screen with the spinning dots). Ctrl-Alt-Delete didn't do anything. Interestingly enough, I could log on via remote desktop from my android phone (the PC screen didn't change while I was doing that. Any ideas? I have tried to restart several times and waited for ten hours, the spinning dots stayed...

JCGJCG, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Infinite Loading/Updating Upon Boot - Similar Threads - Infinite Loading Updating

2. infinite loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infinite loading: when I click on a file on the desktop or on windows explorer it continues loading and to solve this I have to open task manager, look for windows explorer and end activity. the fact is that, if i doble click on desktop, It opens the file, but if I click once it loads forever....
  3. infinite loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    infinite loading: when I click on a file on the desktop or on windows explorer it continues loading and to solve this I have to open task manager, look for windows explorer and end activity. the fact is that, if i doble click on desktop, It opens the file, but if I click once it loads forever....
  4. infinite loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer infinitely loading windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer infinitely loading windows 10: I've had this issue with another computer in which it won't load windows 10 fully but just stay on the loading screen. Getting to the self-diagnostic repair screen also does not fix it as well as that also just loads infinitely. I've also used a media creation tool to fix it,...
  6. Update loading infinitely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update loading infinitely: Can anyone help me with this. My windows update is loading infinitely. It is not showing anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-loading-infinitely/8ec36dd6-e3b2-4598-b2d1-a21bef7510f7
  7. Windows 10 not booting. Infinite loading dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not booting. Infinite loading dots: I noticed when trying to shut down my comptuer that it was taking longer than normal so i force shut it down and when i went to boot it back up it wouldnt get past the bios spinning circle. I’ve tried force restarting it three times so it does the Windows Automatic repair but...
  8. Infinite loading boot screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite loading boot screen: So I own a low end HP laptop with windows 10 home. 2 days ago I lent my friend my laptop just to play some games on it, and right after she launched the game on steam, everything froze except for the cursor, I took the battery out and put it back in, then turnt it back on....
  9. Windows 10 infinitely loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 infinitely loading: This is all what happened: A month ago I had some problems with my mouse not moving on my laptop screen, so I searched on YouTube and everywhere but couldn't find a way to solve it. After many hours of continuous of searching I got frustrated and decided to factory...
  10. Windows Update, infinite loading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update, infinite loading: I'm on build 9926 and I have this issue when I open Windows Update, it will just load infinitely. No error codes, no display text, just a loading indicator that lasts forever. I was wondering if anyone here had that problem and if someone knows how to fix it. [img] 4632