Windows 10: Windows 10: Insert Disc into drive F: Not reading/working/cd and dvd

Discus and support Windows 10: Insert Disc into drive F: Not reading/working/cd and dvd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi and thanks for your help, I've tried various things, googling things, I am a beginner in computer tech literacy. My windows 10 is not playing or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CourageLove11, May 17, 2016.

1. Windows 10: Insert Disc into drive F: Not reading/working/cd and dvd

Hi and thanks for your help,
    I've tried various things, googling things, I am a beginner in computer tech literacy. My windows 10 is not playing or reading my F drive cd's and dvd's. I've read you have to BUY an app to play dvds, but its not reading my cds either in WMP, or VLC player. My drive manager says my drive is fine.

:)

CourageLove11, May 17, 2016
  2. Sher Amo Win User

my disk drive does not see the disk

This could mean that your disc is a Blu-ray disc or a DVD disc that is not compatible with your CD/Drive reader. In this case, you need to check if your CD/DVD drive is capable of reading the disc. Otherwise, we recommend that you try to insert the disc
    to another PC which has a CD/DVD drive. This will help us identify if the issue is not with the CD/DVD drive reader but a corrupted disc.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, May 17, 2016
  3. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks.

I have gone through trouble shooting stage.

In Device manager the DVD/CD drives are shown as working correctly, the DVD drive is showing in File Explorer. When I right click properties it shows as working correctly.

When a disc is inserted and I left click on the drive in File Explorer it ejects the disc and asks for a disc to be inserted. It is therefore not recognising a valid disc.

Have you any suggestions

Regards

johnwbeasley, May 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10: Insert Disc into drive F: Not reading/working/cd and dvd

Hi, true you can't play DVD's in Win 10 without an additional program.
    Not true that you have to buy one- you can use freeware.

If you open explorer, do you see your optical drive in the left hand pane? (Make sure you insert an audio disk).

In VLC, with a standard audio CD, you can play it like this (it's a bit awkward, and I'd not do it like this personally).
    Media, Open Disc, Audio CD, Play. (If you select Track 0 you should see a track list).

Once you see the CD in explorer your can rt click it and you should find a play option.

dalchina, May 19, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10: Insert Disc into drive F: Not reading/working/cd and dvd

1. Windows 10: Insert Disc into drive F: Not reading/working/cd and dvd - Similar Threads - Insert Disc drive

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fix CD or DVD Drive Not Reading Discs in Windows 10

Fix CD or DVD Drive Not Reading Discs in Windows 10: Dear Sirs, Windows 10 pro . My pc optical CD / DVD drive cannot read some disks . With microsoft mediatool I have succesfully created and burned Windows10 ISO direcly into dvd support at lower burning speed. After that, i loaded the DVD into the same cd/dvd...
  6. The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs: Hi, My optical drive has stopped working after installing and uninstalling DAEMON Tools Lite. Previously, everything worked properly. A DVD RW E : drive is visible in Windows Explorer. After inserting the disc into the drive, you can hear the disc spinning and trying to...
  7. CD/DVD inserted in drive, but get "No Disc in Drive Message"

CD/DVD inserted in drive, but get "No Disc in Drive Message": I have Cyberlink’s Media Suite 12 resident on a Hewlett-Packard Envy TS 17 Notebook laptop equipped with an HP built-in drive (CDDVDVW SU-208CB) that will access CD's and DVD's. Windows 10 is the OS and up-to-date. The CD/DVD drive has always worked very well until...
  8. DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!

DVD/CD Drive won't read discs!!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  9. My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.

My DVD Drive won't read DVD discs, but will read game discs, and CD's that contains files.: I have been searching for the past couple of months now. Never had issues before and ever since the major 1803 windows 10 update, my driver is still not working properly. This is ridiculous. My driver will read certain cd's containing files. Game cd's work fine. Does not...
  10. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...