Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Insider Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Well... now it's my turn to ask for help. I have an HP Pro x2 612 Tablet with Power Keyboard. I run Windows 10 Pro Insider builds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dadof 5, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Dadof 5 Win User

Windows 10 Insider Issues

Hello Everyone,

Well... now it's my turn to ask for help.

I have an HP Pro x2 612 Tablet with Power Keyboard. I run Windows 10 Pro Insider builds on this PC.

A couple weeks ago it updated to Build 17692.rs_prerelease_fit.180625.1624

Shortly after the update I noticed some issues with my WiFi connectivity.

1. The option to use a proxy server keeps getting activated and then I can't access the internet at all. I can go into Internet Options and disable proxy and it resolves the issue for a short period before this option automatically re-enables itself.

2. My speeds are way down. My hardwired connection is 400GB x 100GB and WiFi is usually in the neighborhood of 75-100 GB x 30-40GB. Now my speeds on this PC using WiFi are 6-10GB x 1-2GB

When I noticed this issue I tried

Uninstalling and reinstalling WiFi adapter. Rebooting PC. Rebooting Router. Checking for router firmware updates. Checking for newer WiFi adapter updates.

When all of that failed I decided to try a "Fresh Start"

After the Fresh Start my WiFi connectivity is still poor. And now a new issue. The left click functionality no longer works on the synaptics touchpad. If I reverse the buttons so that the right button is designated to perform the left click action, then the right button doesn't work and the left button will work for the right click functionality so I know that the buttons are not physically broken.

I have tried checking for newer updated synaptics drivers to no avail. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad.

What would you recommend at this point? Should I seek to install a previous build? That's what I am thinking but would appreciate your input.

Thanks for the help.

:)

Dadof 5, Aug 6, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Insider Issues

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Insider Issues

1. Windows 10 Insider Issues - Similar Threads - Insider Issues

2. I am having an issue in updating my device to the new build Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am having an issue in updating my device to the new build Windows 11 Insider Preview...: Even when i click on open windows update and then it searches for updates and nothing shows up.Please help me out. Shakeeb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-an-issue-in-updating-my-device-to-the/82669f64-d522-4f6a-bd43-3687eccd39b8
  3. window insider program issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window insider program issue: PROBLEM WHEN CLICK ON GET STARTED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-insider-program-issue/5fd8d529-2364-4ca8-9ce4-bc4e47dc62c0
  4. window insider program issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window insider program issue: PROBLEM WHEN CLICK ON GET STARTED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-insider-program-issue/5fd8d529-2364-4ca8-9ce4-bc4e47dc62c0
  5. window insider program issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Partial Connection Issues / Tried Fixing [see inside] / Really don't want to re-image /...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partial Connection Issues / Tried Fixing [see inside] / Really don't want to re-image /...: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 [Windows updates states nothing to update] I posted this on elevenforum.com and the only suggestion was a in-place upgrade, which I did, and while it upgraded and give me the .old folder, the issue was not fixed, so I'm turning here for some...
  7. Partial Connection Issues / Tried Fixing [see inside] / Really don't want to re-image /...

Partial Connection Issues / Tried Fixing [see inside] / Really don't want to re-image /...: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 [Windows updates states nothing to update] I posted this on elevenforum.com and the only suggestion was a in-place upgrade, which I did, and while it upgraded and give me the .old folder, the issue was not fixed, so I'm turning here for some...
  8. Issue with File Explorer after Latest Insider Beta Update on Multiple Machines

Issue with File Explorer after Latest Insider Beta Update on Multiple Machines: After installing the most recent Insider Beta update Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621, I've noticed a persistent black bar appearing in File Explorer across all my Windows devices. I've attached a photo for reference. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and are there any...
  9. Can't delete "$WINDOWS.~BT" folder after having issues with the insider program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete "$WINDOWS.~BT" folder after having issues with the insider program: I joined and then opted out the Insider Program beta stream I think a while ago, but apparently it automatically downloaded and prepared an update to Windows 11 for some reason, I am still on Windows 10 Pro which I didn't want. Trying to prevent the update, I turned off my PC...
  10. Can't delete "$WINDOWS.~BT" folder after having issues with the insider program

Can't delete "$WINDOWS.~BT" folder after having issues with the insider program: I joined and then opted out the Insider Program beta stream I think a while ago, but apparently it automatically downloaded and prepared an update to Windows 11 for some reason, I am still on Windows 10 Pro which I didn't want. Trying to prevent the update, I turned off my PC...