Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15042 for PC & Build 15043 for Mobile

Discus and support Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15042 for PC & Build 15043 for Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; yes I ran the script for uup on then reran check for updates and if found the new build Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 23, 2017.

1. pigpenz Win User

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15042 for PC & Build 15043 for Mobile

yes I ran the script for uup on then reran check for updates and if found the new build

pigpenz, Feb 24, 2017

2. I've unpacked the executable and am now about 50%. Glad the method works

martyfelker, Feb 24, 2017
  3. The strangest thing just happened. I originally had my machine set to use the ESD method and the new build downloaded but instead of seeing restart when the download was done I saw "windows is up to date", However when I enabled the UUP method and checked for updates again the restart button suddenly appeared without having to download the update again.

EDIT: After Restarting and being immediately returned to the Desktop I had to check for updates and re-download the build anyways.

IownAmoneyPit, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15042 for PC & Build 15043 for Mobile [​IMG]
    Tip Judging by all UUP upgrades I have done, there's one essential difference compared to ESD upgrade: possibility to shut down or restart normally without starting the upgrade process after upgrade has been downloaded and prepared is missing.

In ESD upgrade I could delay the upgrade for a week when manually shutting down or restarting the PC, shut down options had the option clearly available and I could select for instance Restart instead of Update and restart:

With UUP upgrade, when it is downloaded and prepared this option is missing. I can only restart or shut down launching the upgrade process:

Luckily there's a workaround: SHUTDOWN command with FORCE (-f) switch. The following command shuts down the PC without starting pending upgrade:

Code: shutdown -s -t 0 -f[/quote]
    Replace -s with -r to restart instead of shut down, replace timeout 0 (immediately) after TIME (-t) switch with number of seconds you want to delay shut down or restart. Following command would restart in 15 minutes (900 seconds):

Code: shutdown -r -t 900 -f[/quote]
    SHUTDOWN command does not need to be run elevated and it runs exactly the same way in Command Prompt and PowerShell (in PS it does not require preceding cmd /c).

If you have used SHUTDOWN command with a delay like for instance 15 minutes in above example but you change your mind before shut down / restart operation has been done and want to cancel it, use ABORT (-a) switch:

Code: shutdown -a[/quote]
    Above command would cancel a pending shut down or restart.

5. pbcopter Win User
    UUP worked fine for me this time. Seemed like it was stuck at 23 % but closed Update and when reopened, it was complete. Created ISO from UUP data (thanks Kari) then restarted.

pbcopter, Feb 24, 2017
  6. Something else I just discovered if you have saved your previously downloaded UUP to ISO zip file from @Kari's tut on an external drive it must be extracted somewhere on your C: drive to work, I always extract it to the Desktop where the created ISO can be easily found after the tool is done its job then move the ISO to an external drive for safe keeping.

7. lmod Win User
    Insider build 15042 fell over *Sad At the 3rd restart, 1st time that has happened.
    Took two reboots to get it to revert to previous build, first reboot brought it back to the stalled state.
    I gave it anther go. 08:48
    Insider update very slow this time, sat at 99% downloaded for several minutes, and has taken longer over 'preparing to install' sat at 90% for several minutes. Restart Now. Here we go 09:03
    Configuring update 100% complete 09:07
    Same result, seems to have stalled at 3rd reboot. 09:23
    I'll let it sit for longer this time to see if it eventually progresses.
    After the reboot that occurs at 75% complete the system get to showing the Windows logo, and the throbber starts, then stalls with 5 dots showing on the left of the usual circling position. No apparent disk activity.
    Now 09:45. still stalled. About to reboot.

8. meebers Win User

Pretty smooth for me. When I first started 15031, went to softwaredistribution/downloads and there were about 8-10 files already there, dated 2/24. Went to check for updates and it started download. I counted 4 restarts and ended up @ 42minutes. UUP was on. Used Macrium for first image.

meebers, Feb 24, 2017
  9. waltc Win User
    Finally got the build installed through an ISO I made of the UUP files I had to obtain from another source because I never could get the UUP download to finish--it stalled shortly after beginning to download updates in the preinstall phase of the upgrade. I mentioned in earlier posts that, this time, the UUP-off registry hack failed to work, and that was true throughout the day. With UUP off I consistently saw "No updates available" no matter what "stimulus" I tried. Soon as I turned UUP back on, however, and tried again--the downloading began immediately--but then stopped shortly thereafter, never to resume--Well, I let it ride one hour while attending to something else and when I came back it had not budged--so, that was that.

As it was, even with the uup-derived iso, the first attempt failed at ~70%. I then followed Microsoft's instructions in the "known issues" sections relative to a "small number of systems" (ha!), initiated the second iso install attempt which, I am glad to say, succeeded! I'd like Microsoft to worry far less about "delivery" methods and much more about getting these builds into the hands of Insiders so that we could actually beta-test them--instead of beta-testing WU delivery schemes. Microsoft could do this very simply by putting the iso's for each build on the Win10 Insider's site. Provided them feedback about this, today, but somehow I don't think it's going to amount to much...

Don't know why, but at no time since Microsoft began UUP service has UUP enabled me to install a build! It has failed every time. The one time I thought it had worked I looked afterwards and discovered that I had turned UUP off prior to the install attempt and simply forgotten about it. UUP is obviously working for some people, but I think it's interesting that it has *never* worked for me.

waltc, Feb 24, 2017
  10. johngalt Win User
    OK, got home, checked for updates, and it found the be build and was ready to install in 10 minutes flat.

Installing now.

johngalt, Feb 24, 2017
  11. lmod Win User
    Ran Brink's Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components.bat, rebooted
    Build 15042 went through the 'preparing' phase, but crashed before it got to the first installation restart. Restored previous version. Suggestions, please

12. This Build must be similar to a "Release Candidate" then as the title of the ISO created from UUP to ISO is

"15042.0.170219-2329.RS2_RELEASE_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US"

Disclaimer as per forum rules the above description of the ISO is for informational purposes only.

13. Fafhrd Win User

Winver still states

"The Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview operating system and its user interface are protected by trademark and..."

Fafhrd, Feb 24, 2017
  14. vel2000 Win User
    A new Cortana animation, a "flash disabled" pop-up notification and some "fixes", most user will never notice...but still no options to customize the system font or app fonts e.g. nor a fix for the blurry W95 style settings windows, like the device-manager, or the event-viewer...
    Ridiculous.

vel2000, Feb 24, 2017
  15. Super smooth download (via UUP) and install process this time around. I am glad MS took the time to fix the server side UUP issues.

Only problem I am seeing with this build is that the Lastpass Edge extension isn't accepting my password and logging into my Lastpass account. The Chrome extension works fine in Chrome on this Insider build so it is not a question about the OS but the Edge extension.

Anyone else having issues with the Edge Lastpass extension?

rogerwilco91, Feb 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15042 for PC & Build 15043 for Mobile - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 15042 Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 15042 Released: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Creators Update SDK Preview to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 15042 or greater). The Preview SDK is a pre-release and cannot be used in a production environment. Please only install the SDK on your test...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. We have fixed a TON of issues that you all filed in the Feedback...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14955 for Mobile and PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14955 for Mobile and PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14955 for Mobile and PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. What’s new in Build 14955...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14965 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14965 for PC and Mobile: Update: Feedback Hub Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE: Feedback Hub Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 11/16: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14965 for PC only to Windows Insiders...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile: Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello Windows Insiders! Thanks for being patient with us as we upgraded some of our engineering tools last week. Our build monitoring system is purring again and today we are...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14390 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! I spent a few days this week at our Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto this week and one of the most exciting things for me was how much people are talking about the Windows Insider Program....
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. In addition to devices that shipped with Windows 10 such as the Lumia 550, 650,...
  9. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15048 for PC & Build 15047 for Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15048 for PC & Build 15047 for Mobile: UPDATE: March 8th 2017 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 3/8: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15048 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14383 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14383 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! We wanted to share with you the winner of the Continuum app contest from last week. It was a super hard decision, but we went with Vuong Chung from Vietnam. His app, Perfect Workout, can be found...