Windows 10: Windows 10 Install - Boot Camp

Discus and support Windows 10 Install - Boot Camp in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm attempting a new install of Windows 10 (Pro) on an iMac using Boot Camp Assistant. I've tried it with both the .iso from the Microsoft web site and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dmaoliver, Jul 15, 2018.

1. dmaoliver Win User

Windows 10 Install - Boot Camp

I'm attempting a new install of Windows 10 (Pro) on an iMac using Boot Camp Assistant. I've tried it with both the .iso from the Microsoft web site and an .iso I created myself from the install DVD with the same result: the installation fails during Windows Setup with this message.

Windows 10 Install - Boot Camp ec68ea19-5c01-44e5-b6b7-16de0925bd49?upload=true.jpg

:)

dmaoliver, Jul 15, 2018

2. Bluetooth is not working with Boot Camp after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

To enable your Bluetooth, run the Boot Camp Assistant from the Utilities folder on your Mac and install the support software, which includes the latest drivers you need for Bluetooth.

• Check for software updates to make sure OS X, your Mac firmware, and Boot Camp Assistant are
      up to date.

• Run Boot Camp Assistant and install the support software, which includes the latest Boot Camp drivers you need for Bluetooth.
      You can find step-by-step directions at Apple’s Support Site here.
    After reinstalling the drivers, all paired devices from Windows 8.1 should still be paired and usable.

Ravinath P, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 on iMac using Boot Camp

Step 1: download the ISO file directly to your Mac from the Software Download page. See instructions:

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/24-how-to-do...

Step 2: Make sure your Mac is running macOS 10.12.5 or later.

Step 3: Launch Boot Camp then select the ISO file, resize your partition, click Continue. macOS will download necessary Windows Support software. When complete, it will automatically reboot into Windows 10 setup.

Select the Boot Camp partition created earlier in the Custom Advanced window.

Follow the rest of the instructions as described in the following article:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-window...

Andre Da Costa, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Rob! Win User

To Boot Camp or not to Boot Camp?

From everything I've read, boot camp is faster than Parallels. When you're running Parallels you're still running OSX, so you're using resources for two OSes. Boot Camp is solely Windows, so it's less resources.

Parallels would be if you need one office program or something, where Boot Camp would be if you wanted to game, use resource intensive programs, or use a LOT of Windows stuff where you wouldn't need OSX at all.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Install - Boot Camp - Similar Threads - Install Boot Camp

2. Is boot camp free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is boot camp free?: I have a mac and the mac os is not doing everything I need it to so I decided to download windows. A lot of websites say it's free but I have seen some websites saying that you need a product key. I was wondering if I need a licence key to download windows through boot camp...
  3. Window installation on mac using boot camp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window installation on mac using boot camp: I am trying to install windows to my mac using bootcamp. However, after preparing bootcamp pre-installation in mac and restarts, window does not start an installation. Do you have any idea why it doesnt open window installation? I reached to apple service and they told me...
  4. Window installation on mac using boot camp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window installation on mac using boot camp: I am trying to install windows to my mac using bootcamp. However, after preparing bootcamp pre-installation in mac and restarts, window does not start an installation. Do you have any idea why it doesnt open window installation? I reached to apple service and they told me...
  5. Window installation on mac using boot camp

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 Boot Camp installation failure

Windows 10 Boot Camp installation failure: Hello, I am having an issue when attempting to install Windows 10 Professional via Boot Camp Assistant BCA on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro. Please do not refer me to Apple Support. I have already contacted them and they have informed me that they are unable to help me with issues...
  7. Installing Windows 10 through Boot Camp?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 through Boot Camp?: At my screen on the bottom right there is a prompt to activate windows. I got my copy through the boot camp app on a Mac OS Macbook Pro, to switch freely between Windows and Mac. My question: is this method of obtaining Windows dangerous/if not, did it come with a product key...
  8. Windows 10 with Boot Camp - MAC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 with Boot Camp - MAC: Hi, I have downloaded windows 10 onto my Macbook with the help of Boot Camp. It runs great, I can use explorer etc. However, I want to activate my Windows 10 to download some apps, and it will not let me. Is there a way I can activate my windows 10 without a product key?...
  9. Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant

Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant: Does anyone have link to disk image to install windows 10 pro on to my Imac with boot camp assistant? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-on-your-mac-with-boot-camp/3f30afab-8d8e-4867-8651-30ffb60f9a9a
  10. install windows 10 to boot camp of a MacBook Air

install windows 10 to boot camp of a MacBook Air: Hi all, My MacBook Air is mid 2013 (6,1). I upgrade the OS to 10.14.6 and then tried to install a Windows 10 through the book camp assistant. After several steps until EFI started, it kept on restarting and could not continue the installation. The stop code is "critical...