Windows 10: Windows 10 install - couldn’t find any drives - Surface Pro 4

Discus and support Windows 10 install - couldn’t find any drives - Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My Surface Pro 4 has been stuck in a uefi boot loop. I have researched and attempted the USB install method using the microsoft tool. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Biggsy23, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Biggsy23 Win User

Windows 10 install - couldn’t find any drives - Surface Pro 4

Hi,

My Surface Pro 4 has been stuck in a uefi boot loop.

I have researched and attempted the USB install method using the microsoft tool.

I have gotten as far as the windows where to install screen and there are no storage drives being detected.

I’m stuck on this and need some help how to proceed to get my surgace back up and running.

thanks all.

:)

Biggsy23, Jul 19, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 April 24th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (24 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 install - couldn’t find any drives - Surface Pro 4 - Similar Threads - install couldn’t find

2. How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows: Hi, I have an Asus laptop that I have forgotten the windows 10 login password. I wanna erase and format the hard drive and install a new windows. But when I try to run the installation through usb memory, I do not see any hard drive. I tried diskpart, and I only see a 14GB...
  3. How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows: Hi, I have an Asus laptop that I have forgotten the windows 10 login password. I wanna erase and format the hard drive and install a new windows. But when I try to run the installation through usb memory, I do not see any hard drive. I tried diskpart, and I only see a 14GB...
  4. How To Fix 'We Couldn’t Find Any Drives' While Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Installation Issue - "We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver,...

Windows 10 Installation Issue - "We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver,...: Hello, all! I recently purchased parts to build a new computer from scratch parts list below, but now that it's time to install Windows 10, I'm having an issue. The installer starts up and gives me the option to pick my language and begin the installation, to put in a...
  6. Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.

Installing Windows 2004 on Surface Pro 4.: I have a Surface Pro 4 i5, 4GB running Windows 10 1809 and I was wondering if I can install Windows 10 2004 without having any issues? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-2004-on-surface-pro-4/a8ef6acf-e4df-4891-a46a-d491d7659d25
  7. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4: I currently own a Surface Pro 4 i5/8gb/256gb that I am considering selling. I am planning to buy a used Surface Pro 4 that has i7/16gb/512gb as an upgrade. My question is: will I have to buy a copy of Windows 10 to install on the used Surface that I buy or do I somehow...
  8. We couldn’t find any drives while installing Windows

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t find any drives while installing Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to install Windows in VirtualBox virtual machine, but you see an error message We couldn’t find any drives, To get a storage driver, click Load driver, then this post will help you fix that problem. This [...] This post We couldn’t find any...
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  10. Installation issue We couldn’t find any drives

Installation issue We couldn’t find any drives: Hey guys, I am installing Windows 10 on Lenovo T400 Laptop and getting this error We couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load Driver. How to fix it ? Regards. 41290

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstalling windows on a surface and couldnt find any drives

2. could not find any drives windows 10 install

3. Windows 10 install - couldn’t find any drives - Surface Pro 4