Windows 10: Windows 10 Install Disk Black Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Install Disk Black Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, When I go to repair Windows 10, I put in the install disk, it goes to the windows logo with the dots spinning around at the bottom then to a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheOkayMan, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Install Disk Black Screen

Hi,
    When I go to repair Windows 10, I put in the install disk, it goes to the windows logo with the dots spinning around at the bottom then to a black screen. I left this for 1 hour and it did not progress. The disk also seems to have stopped spinning. The disk works in other computers.
    Thanks.

:)

TheOkayMan, Jan 20, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

How to perform a repair installation of Windows 10 if the current installation won't boot

RedHonker,

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Repair installs have always been something limited to running within an existing Windows installation [using File explorer to navigate to the installation disk then running its setup.exe file].

Repair installs do achieve what you want but since you cannot boot, that option is not available to you.

If the current installation does not boot then "Startup repairs" as stated by Andre might rescue the situation. They are not the same as a Repair install.

These threads address the black screen issue -

Bootmgr is missing message or black screen with blinking cursor or error message - JWS Wiki

Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen Solved - TenForums

The other options available to you are to restore a system image for the entire disk or use

Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help
    or use your installation disk to reinstall Windows 10.

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 20, 2016
  3. LaurelB1 Win User
    Windows 10 won't start

I am also apparently an idiot so don't feel bad... anyway, since accepting the invitation to upgrade my HP TouchSmart t2 Notebook from 7 to 10 it's basicly been a brick. Upon powering up I get a little white skewed windows logo with a dotted spinner then
    it goes to a back lit black screen with an upper left cursor for about 15 seconds and then settles on a back lit black screen. Friends trying to help have given me windows 10 repair disk, windows 10 installation disk, windows 7 repair disk,. Installation
    disk for windows 7... nothing helps, can't even boot to safe mode...

LaurelB1, Jan 20, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Install Disk Black Screen

Changing the boot type to UEFI (from CSM), gives a slightly different result. Off the CD it goes to the Toshiba boot logo, as if it was a normal boot, then goes to a black screen which it stays on. While in UEFI I can get a "Preparing Automatic Repair" which doesn't seem to do anything. Looking this up I do see other reports of this happening (the Preparing Automatic Repair).

TheOkayMan, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Install Disk Black Screen

1. Windows 10 Install Disk Black Screen - Similar Threads - Install Disk Black

2. New Windows 10 Install = Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 10 Install = Black Screen: Hi there, I have just installed Windows 10 onto my New Build Pc and am now suffering with a black screen of death. Basically I decided to use nvme as my Windows Boot. I Installed Windows with Zero issues, all updates were completed. The pc restarted itself multiple times to...
  3. New Windows 10 Install = Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 10 Install = Black Screen: Hi there, I have just installed Windows 10 onto my New Build Pc and am now suffering with a black screen of death. Basically I decided to use nvme as my Windows Boot. I Installed Windows with Zero issues, all updates were completed. The pc restarted itself multiple times to...
  4. Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen: This question has been asked several times before, but none of the solutions listed there worked. Backstory: I installed windows 10 on my linux machine, everything worked perfectly, but one day the system crashed... to a level where the automatic repair wasnt able to repair...
  5. Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen: This question has been asked several times before, but none of the solutions listed there worked. Backstory: I installed windows 10 on my linux machine, everything worked perfectly, but one day the system crashed... to a level where the automatic repair wasnt able to repair...
  6. Fix Non-system disk or disk error Black screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Non-system disk or disk error Black screen on Windows 10: If when you boot your Windows 10 device, but the boot process fails and you’re confronted with the error message Non-system disk error or disk error on a black screen, you may want to continue reading this post as we will offer the solutions you can try to successfully...
  7. Windows 10 Install Black Screen

Windows 10 Install Black Screen: Hello, I am having trouble installing windows 10 from USB SanDisk 64GB on a newly built computer no previous OS. I downloaded Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool and followed prompt for USB Windows 10 install on another PC. Checked to see if USB partition was “active” and it...
  8. Black screen Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen Windows 10 install: I installed Windows 10 via dvd media that I downloaded from Microsoft yesterday. In the middle of the installation, the screen went black, but the install was continuing as I was able to still use my keyboard and mouse to navigate. It wasn’t until after I was done that I...
  9. Black screen, disk repair, Windows Explorer, on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen, disk repair, Windows Explorer, on Windows 10.: This is so frustrating, especially when I just discovered it today! When I turned on my PC, it attempted to fix drive errors, in which it keeps fixing the wrong drive! Second, whenever I log in, it always shows a black screen! I've already restarted many times, and to no...
  10. Windows 10 Black Screen During Install

Windows 10 Black Screen During Install: Hey guys, I was installing windows 10 (8.1 before) on my Dell inspiron 15 7000 series (7537), and it progressed to restarting after the installing drivers step, but after the restart and going through the dell startup screen, everything went black. The HDD light is stuck...