Windows 10: Windows 10 Install Fails Now Locked Out Of PC

Discus and support Windows 10 Install Fails Now Locked Out Of PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I'm on Windows 7 right now, and windows basically decided to upgrade me to windows 10 without warning. It goes through the preparing files part,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by krouch, May 18, 2016.

1. krouch Win User

Windows 10 Install Fails Now Locked Out Of PC

So I'm on Windows 7 right now, and windows basically decided to upgrade me to windows 10 without warning.

It goes through the preparing files part, and then goes to the part with the big circle updating slowly. It gets to like 27% and the bottom left where it says copying files reaches 100% and it restarts.

When it restarts however it doesnt go back to that screen and continue updating, it just goes back to the windows 7 login screen, but the display is messed up like it is displaying at the wrong resolution. I then try to put in my password and it no longer works. I try to restart it and it just goes back to the windows 7 login screen where my password doesnt work.

So basically I have no options as far as I'm aware. Not sure what happened to the install, but as of now I cant get into my computer. Would really appreciate any advice or help, I'm pretty much at a loss as to where to go from here other than to wipe my hard drive and reinstall windows 7.

:)

krouch, May 18, 2016

2. Win10 update NOW LOCKED OUT OF PC!

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I can understand
    how frustrating that must be.

Please provide more information before we proceed.

1. Does your system connected to Internet?

2. Did you tried your Microsoft account password?

Please refer the link below and check if it helps.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, May 18, 2016
  3. Win10 update NOW LOCKED OUT OF PC!

I updated to win10 via windows updates 2days ago.

Ive been using word Microsoft office the past two days

day 3, I am locked out of my PC and asked to sign in with password.

I did not receive notice upon upgrade to create any passwords.

i have since created one using my iPad.

i am directed to go to;

account.live.com/password/reset

i had done this, however my PC contactless idles the welcome page then redirects again to the accounts live reset password..

this is is becoming a joke!,

i don't agree with win10 at all.

I just want to use my PC.

can anyone assist..

thanks in advance.

AmandaOgilvie, May 18, 2016
  4. spapakons Win User

At this point you have to backup your files using a Live CD or by connecting your hard disk to another computer, then format and either reinstall Windows 7 or install Windows 10. I would try first to boot from Windows 7 DVD and repair startup, but the chances to work are small...

spapakons, May 19, 2016
  5. Or using the following:

Matthew Wai, May 19, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    I am so sorry this happened to you. *Sad
    To grab your files, please go to another computer, and download the custom recovery media by one of our members :
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

You can then boot your system to it, open File Explorer and copy all your data to an external drive.
    Once your data is safe, you can download the W10 ISO from MSTech Bench and perform a clean install.
    Tech Bench

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, May 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Install Fails Now Locked Out Of PC - Similar Threads - Install Fails Locked

2. Windows Hello PIN Failed and now I am locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN Failed and now I am locked out: Hi there,So I just completed an update on my Lenovo laptop and it finished very quickly. When I went to log back into my computer, it is saying that the PIN is not available and that I need to set a new one up. When I go to set a new PIN up, it makes me do the two-factor...
  3. Windows Hello PIN Failed and now I am locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello PIN Failed and now I am locked out: Hi there,So I just completed an update on my Lenovo laptop and it finished very quickly. When I went to log back into my computer, it is saying that the PIN is not available and that I need to set a new one up. When I go to set a new PIN up, it makes me do the two-factor...
  4. Pc locked out of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc locked out of windows: Hello I have recently had an issue with loading up my pc, I had made the dumb mistake of downloading a 50 gb picture I had done it as a joke not knowing of the damage that was caused and a few hours later I got locked out of windows. I’ve tried everything, restarting my pc,...
  5. Pc locked out of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc locked out of windows: Hello I have recently had an issue with loading up my pc, I had made the dumb mistake of downloading a 50 gb picture I had done it as a joke not knowing of the damage that was caused and a few hours later I got locked out of windows. I’ve tried everything, restarting my pc,...
  6. Pc locked out of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 installation has locked me out of my pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 installation has locked me out of my pc: Hi, I just installed windows 10 on my pc and it finished the installation and booted back up. In doing so it took me to the home creen and asked me to log in with the default OTHER USER which I thought was odd. I now can't log in to my PC, either as other user or by using my...
  8. locked out of pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locked out of pc: To start off this is an older pc that had not been used in 2-4 years. I had recently refreshed it and reinstalled windows while keeping files because my mother wanted all her photos on it, it now functions but the Microsoft account that was being used no longer exists. trying...
  9. Locked out of my pc windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my pc windows 10: Help! my PC won’t recongnize my user password. I only have one user profile which is also the admin. I do have a microsoft account and I can see my computer through the microsoft.live.com website. Do I have any hope of accessing my files maybe with the help of tech support?...
  10. Locked out pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out pc: Hi, I got a warning in my notification that windows has picked up a trojan horse and had to scan now, anyway cut a long story short my problem is they have changed my log in windows password and can't log into my pc. Any ideas or do I have to do a full rebuild. Thanks...