Windows 10: Windows 10 install OOBE restart loop after fresh install

Discus and support Windows 10 install OOBE restart loop after fresh install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm unable to get windows to install properly properly and have spent the around 20 hours in total trying to troubleshoot it the last 2 days. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Seaweed, May 4, 2016.

1. Seaweed Win User

Windows 10 install OOBE restart loop after fresh install

I'm unable to get windows to install properly properly and have spent the around 20 hours in total trying to troubleshoot it the last 2 days.

It started with a failed overclock attempt, and reseting uefi to default settings.
    When I booted up again the start menu didn't work. I attempted to sfc /scannow among some other fixes to no avail and therefore opted to reset windows 10.
    This resulted in an error message (unable to configure windows 10 for this hardware or something along that line.

I then I made a usb with windows media creation tool on another computer, and attempted a clean format and fresh install of the drive, with no success. This time it left me stuck in a reboot loop at the oobe phase (use express settings.. blue screen, please wait. ) with no error code being thrown.

After another format, I tried to install windows 7 and upgrade from there. I had some success, but the windows 10 would log in with a black screen and working mouse and keyboard shortcuts. After 5-10 minutes the Rest of the interface loaded, the start menu however did not work, nor did windows update or the search bar.
    I've tried various fixes, but nothing seems to help, or introduces another issue.

I'm running out of ideas, and cant seem to track down the root issue. Could a component be broken?
    I have gone through several attempts to reinstall, but every method I've tried results in one issue or the other.
    The strange part about that would be how windows 7 installed and ran perfectly fine.
    I've also been using windows 10 with this computer for over half a year without much trouble.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Sorry that the formatting of this post is so messy. I'm awful at writing with my phone.
    I will be editing this when I remember relevant info, try something new, or have other results.

:)

Seaweed, May 4, 2016
  2. NHKomaiha Win User

Can't install windows 10 insider preview

When i upgraded from windows 8.1 pro x64,
    the same thing happened (BOOT LOOP)

I tried:

-Updating from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (9879) TO 10 Technical Preview (9926):
    WORKED

-Updating from Windows 10 TP (9926) TO 10 Insider Preview (10049, 10074, 10136, and 10147):
    BOOT LOOP (after first restart while installing)

-Updating from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (9879)
    TO Windows 10 IP (10147): BOOT LOOP (after first restart while installing)

-Fresh install Windows 10 IP (10049 and 10147) by making a bootable SD Card: BOOT LOOP (after first restart while installing)

-Fresh install Windows 10 IP (10147) INSIDE VIRTUALBOX IN LINUX MINT 17.2 MATE: Enters windows setup wizard, reaches "Please Wait" (after selecting Express
    settings) and, pop! RESTARTING, again again again and again...

NHKomaiha, May 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 OOBE loop after sysprep

I ran into boot loop after sysprep Windows 10.

I've prepared a custom machine to deploy with WDS.

Sysprep has been run with /oobe/generalize options.

When I restart, windows 10 get into a reboot loop, and every time ask for system oobe wizard.

I found these on setuperr log file:

[msoobe.exe] Failed to set password and password hint with hr=0xD000006C

[msoobe.exe] Failed to create the default account with hr=0xD000006C

[msoobe.exe] TASK: End failed running task PrepareUserOOBE with hr=0xD000006C.

[msoobe.exe] Failed user OOBE prep task with hr=0xD000006C

[msoobe.exe] Failed to run OOBE Host with hr=0x80004005

[msoobe.exe] OOBE failed with hr=0x80004005

[windeploy.exe] Command [%windir%\system32\oobe\oobeldr.exe /system /quiet] failed with exit code [0x80004005]

[windeploy.exe] OnError commands failed. hr = 0x80070002

Giorgio Caldana, May 4, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Seaweed and welcome to Tenforums.
    I'm sorry to hear you're having such difficulties. What point are you at now? Is W7 on the machine or W10? If W10, and you can eventually get to the desktop, you could try a repair install using an in-place upgrade.

simrick, May 6, 2016
  5. Seaweed Win User
    Thank you very much!
    At the moment I have Windows 7 running, which works correctly. I believe I tried running a repair install when I got into the desktop through the windows 7 -> windows 10 upgrade path without success but I can give it another try tomorrow.
    As an additional note, clean install attempts from Media Creation Tool USB drive, or similarily one made with RUFUS has never allowed me to reach the desktop. My latest attempts have gotten me stuck with a "Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computers hardware" error, while previously I got to the OOBE phase.
    This is with a minimal amount of connected devices (Keyboard/Mouse, onboard GPU, and a single HDD/SSD.

I'm working on clearing out a seperate harddrive at the moment to attempt the windows 10 installs on without having to sacrifice my windows 7 install.

Seaweed, May 6, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Okay. When you have a HDD available, let's try the clean install. If you have another computer available to you, I'd like you to please download the MSTechBench ISO. Then, (assuming it is a W8 or W10 machine), right-click the ISO and select MOUNT and copy all the files over to a FAT32-formatted flash drive. If it is a W7 machine, you can use 7-zip to mount the ISO.

Please fill in your system specs so we know what we're dealing with here.

You know the drill: only keyboard (wired), monitor, mouse (wired) and OS drive - nothing else.

BIOS set to default.

When Windows asks if it should connect to download updates, select no.

If it asks for a key, select skip.

Let's see if we can get you to a desktop-even if it's not working completely. If so, we can try a repair install using an in-place upgrade.

Good luck. *Smile

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 install OOBE restart loop after fresh install - Similar Threads - install OOBE restart

2. Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts and freezes after a fresh install of windows 10.: After I reinstalled windows 10 in my desktop and after it boots up it takes 1-2 min to either restart my system or freeze and become completely unresponsive. I have tried most fixes on the internet and nothing has worked this far and I'm getting very desperate. I need ideas....
  3. Reboot Loop after fresh install Windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot Loop after fresh install Windows 10 pro.: Hi all.I have recently updated HP Pavilion notebook with fresh Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H1 version German via USB Flash Drive. Windows boots in loop while starting.Please see the screenshot, how the installation...
  4. Fresh install loop

Fresh install loop: Im curently stuck in a fresh install loop. Unplugged all harddrives that im not using and even changed to boot order to the correct drive and it states rebot or select a proper boot device...
  5. Fresh Install of Windows 10 keeps looping

Fresh Install of Windows 10 keeps looping: I just built a brand new pc and i'm trying to install windows 10 from Microsoft's Windows 10 Home USB to no avail. I must preface this by acknowledging that I am a PC building novice and so i'm going off instructions on the internet. CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 GPU: Radeon RX500 XT...
  6. Boot Loop Even After A Fresh Install

Boot Loop Even After A Fresh Install: Hi Authority, I have been caught up with a bootloop issue since 21st Aug 2020 and haven't been able to solve it yet. I've reached out to the customer support, which was of no help as none of them could help me out rather than just saying "no worries we are there to help...
  7. Windows 10 Fresh install stuck on loop.

Windows 10 Fresh install stuck on loop.: I've built a new pc, but cannot install windows 10 on it. I donwloaded the creation tool and installed it on a USB. When i turn the new pc on, and it goes to the installation, it shows a black secreen with the blue windows logo on the upper center, then the loop icon does...
  8. Windows Install Loop and Ocasionally BSOD after OOBE was attempted

Windows Install Loop and Ocasionally BSOD after OOBE was attempted: Greetings everyone, I wanted to do a go back to when my Surface Pro 3 was fresh out of the box because every time I updated the driver for the keyboard it gave me a BSOD when the keyboard was attached to the Surface, but no BSOD if the keyboard was unattached after...
  9. Random restarts after fresh Windows 10 Installation

Random restarts after fresh Windows 10 Installation: Hi all, the last almost 2 months I have this random restarts in my windows 10 OS. I tried everything, removing the drivers, install latest, install older.The same things happened. Any idea what may happening ? I'm really frustrated with this!...
  10. Random restarts after fresh Windows 10 Installation

Random restarts after fresh Windows 10 Installation: Hi all, the last almost 5-6 months I have this random restarts in my windows 10 OS. They seem to be focused probably on the graphics card drivers....I think. My VGA is an Asus ATI FX480 8Gb card. I tried everything, removing the drivers, install latest, install older, clean...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oobe settings error windows 10

2. oobe keyboard error

3. oobe error on windows 10 install

4. oobe settings on windows 10 install issue,
  5. oobe keyboard,
  6. oobe error on windows 10 startup,
  7. restart required loop after fresh install windows 10 gForce,
  8. windows 10 oobe loop after sysprep,
  9. oobe setting error windows 10,
  10. restart oobe,
  11. windows 10 oobe keyboard error,