Windows 10: Windows 10 Install UEFI and Windows 7 Dual boot Question

Discus and support Windows 10 Install UEFI and Windows 7 Dual boot Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just wondering if I Install windows 10 on UEFI to my Samsung 950 Pro ssd,is there a way to keep my other 2 mbr partitions dual boot windows 7's on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NIK1, Dec 14, 2016.

1. NIK1 Win User

Windows 10 Install UEFI and Windows 7 Dual boot Question

Just wondering if I Install windows 10 on UEFI to my Samsung 950 Pro ssd,is there a way to keep my other 2 mbr partitions dual boot windows 7's on my pc and convert the 2 win 7's somehow to UEFI.Just wondering if it can be done or is my dual boot 7's gone.

:)

2. 1st time system builder seeks advice re: Dual Booting Windows 10 and 7

On UEFI based board, Windows 7 by default will install in legacy mode, while Windows 10 default UEFI, so, there is no need to make any modifications to install either. For convenience, install Windows 7 first, the Windows 10.

See information about dual booting:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Can I install Windows 7 Pro as a second operating system

As long as you have a license for it that is not in use, yes.

Then follow this tutorial: (installing in uEFI mode.)

Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows
    7 or Vista

References Windows 8, but the same principles should apply to Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Right click on start icon, select Command Prompt (Admin). In the command prompt window run:

BCDBOOT E:\Windows /d /addlast

The path in red is to the Windows folder of your Windows 7 installation. You'll have to do it for each Windows 7 partition you want to add. Then restart the computer.

You can press the Windows + R keys to open a run dialog. Enter: msconfig

Select the boot tab and you can adjust the timeout of the boot menu.

NavyLCDR, Dec 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Install UEFI and Windows 7 Dual boot Question - Similar Threads - Install UEFI Dual

2. Dual boot question 7-10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot question 7-10: Hello, I thought it might be a good idea to make a dual boot system,so I can gradually tweak my system to upgrade to W10. But... Can I "tweak"all installed programs so they work under w10 and under w7? 135753
  3. Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI

Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI: Hello World I install W10 & ubuntu in dual boot on my new computer. I want to use Windows boot loader instead of GRUB. It is in UEFI so I can not use easy BCD, and I have to use easy UEFI. But I am completely lost I can not find clear info. This is the objective: [ATTACH]...
  4. dual ( 7 / 10 ) boot question

dual ( 7 / 10 ) boot question: i'm building a new windows 10 desktop to replace current windows 7 desktop but since all my software is only guaranteed to run on 7 i plan to build the new desktop as a dual boot ( 10 + 7 ) first and then eventually ( in a year or two ) convert to 10 only. i haven't...
  5. Dual Boot question (7 and 10)

Dual Boot question (7 and 10): I have Windows 7, and want to try Windows 10. But I want to set up a dual boot, in case some of my old software doesn't work with Windows 10. This forum has lots of good info on how to do this, but I'm still fuzzy on a couple details. Here's my question: If I create a new...
  6. Questions about dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows 7

Questions about dual boot with Windows 10 and Windows 7: Hello TenForums, first post from a forum lurker new to Windows 10. I've been using Windows 7 Home for years and found Sevenforums very helpful just like this forum. I have read this thread and other tutorials about this topic on other sites/blogs and still have a few question...
  7. Windows 7 and 10 dual Boot Scenario question

Windows 7 and 10 dual Boot Scenario question: Here is what I am trying to accomplish 1. upgrade my win 7 pro 64bit install to win 10 LTSB 2. reinstall my present win 7 install from image back up then change my key Reason for this is that I have lost a couple of install disks during a recent move. Need these 2 disks...
  8. Windows 10/7 dual boot question - key

Windows 10/7 dual boot question - key: hi guys I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, I could not find the exact answer to my question. Both my laptop and desktop have windows 7, different versions. Both have the upgrade ready for them. I want to dual boot win7 and 10 for a while, likely will fully...
  9. Problems dual booting Windows 7/10 (UEFI?)

Problems dual booting Windows 7/10 (UEFI?): Hi all, This is my situation: Running Windows 10 x64 on a UEFI-system. Trying to install Windows 7 x64 on a VHD for dual booting (such as in http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...8-using-a-vhd/) I running into troubles that I think are having to do with UEFI. Secure...
  10. Dual Boot Install Windows 7 on Windows 10

Dual Boot Install Windows 7 on Windows 10: Hi All, I already have Windows 10 Home x64 on my notebook. I had upgraded from Windows 8.1. I have never had Windows 7 on this system. I want to dual boot install Windows 7 on a partition so that I can play some games that are not compatible with Windows 10. *Sad I...