Windows 10: Windows 10 Install unable to detect Drive.

Discus and support Windows 10 Install unable to detect Drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; afternoon. So I'm stuck with a windows 10 install were the installer dose not detect my drives, requesting drivers. But when you hit the browse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bndtkng, Feb 20, 2016.

1. bndtkng Win User

Windows 10 Install unable to detect Drive.

afternoon.

So I'm stuck with a windows 10 install were the installer dose not detect my drives, requesting drivers.
    But when you hit the browse button, you can see the drive I want to install too.

This is not the first time this has happened, thou I cant recall what I did to resolved the issue the first time.

Photo of the behaviour
    IMG_20160221_134735.jpg - Google Drive

Things I have attempted so far.

I have DBAN the drive. DBAN is the DOD recommend mothered or clean our drives; 3 phase DOD short wipe.
    recreate a partitions using diskpart following a technet artical
    removed all other drives from the computer
    re-downloaded the windows 10 ISO english_international and used the media create tool
    All attempts are done from USB as I do not own a CDrom have used both front and rear ports

The PC been used is a

Gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h, I am currently using the Intel on board sata controller in AHCI mode
    With and Intel 520 8 Series SDD 60gb drive

Bios is set to legacy & UFEI

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

bndtkng, Feb 20, 2016

2. system reset

Also I can't download the windows 10 installation media to my USB flash drive it can't detect that its there. The windows 10 installation media says that no usb flash drive is detected. IT seems to be detecting my flash drive as another hard drive instead
    of a flash drive,

thanks,

thedarknight_433, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Anupa G Win User
    Windows 10 installation on another pc

I am unable to download windows 10 media creation tool in the USB media even though my sandisk pendrive is detected and has space(NO option of choose a media). Installation proceeds to happen in the C:/ drive instead of USB.

Anupa G, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Install unable to detect Drive.

1. Windows 10 Install unable to detect Drive. - Similar Threads - Install unable detect

2. Unable to detect a windows system drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to detect a windows system drive: Hi,I'm trying to run a system check by Windows Defender Remote.When I access the DVD with the application' I get the following message:"Unable to detect a windows system drive"My Lenovo V520 runs a win11 system.So, how come? Why can't the remote defender detect my windows...
  3. Unable to detect a windows system drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to detect a windows system drive: Hi,I'm trying to run a system check by Windows Defender Remote.When I access the DVD with the application' I get the following message:"Unable to detect a windows system drive"My Lenovo V520 runs a win11 system.So, how come? Why can't the remote defender detect my windows...
  4. Hard Drive Not Detected in Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Not Detected in Windows 10 Installation: Recently I installed Linux Mint on my PC. Now I'm trying to come back in Windows 10 but whenever I go to Windows Installation page I see a error message " a required CD/DVD is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now "I...
  5. Windows 10 Installer does not detect my drive

Windows 10 Installer does not detect my drive: Hello. My girlfriend asked me to install Linux on his laptop and then wanted to switch back to Windows. I made a bootable USB stick and managed to reach the installation without issues. But when i choose Custom Installation y don't have any drives to choose and it says "We...
  6. Unable to detect external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to detect external hard drive: I have been attempting to download files from my external hard drive on my surface but cannot seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-detect-external-hard-drive/80f9a17b-73ac-4cc6-8d42-74714afeb773
  7. Windows 10 install hard drive not detected

Windows 10 install hard drive not detected: My computer recently shut down, and when I tried to reboot it it took me to the "boot device not found" screen. I've been trying pretty much everything to reinstall windows 10, but nothing has worked, either the computer reboots or it gets as far into windows installation as...
  8. Windows 10 Installation Unable to Detect Hard Drive

Windows 10 Installation Unable to Detect Hard Drive: Hi, I work with windows and linux, both are installed on the same hard disk, so I work with dual boot, GRUB does this work. Recently I needed to reinstall linux (Debian 10) and changed the linux partition only, I can even see and access the windows 10 partition from linux,...
  9. Unable to install Windows, SSD not detecting in BIOS

Unable to install Windows, SSD not detecting in BIOS: Right off the bat, I'm on Linux Mint, trying to install windows again for a dual boot. I've already made sure the ISO is no corrupted, (downloaded twice, built a VM with both, even tried windows 8, all have the same problem) I've tried the unplug half way through method,...
  10. Windows 10 is not detecting the drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 is not detecting the drive: Windows 10 is not detecting the external drive, that is Seagate Freeagent Desk 640 GB. I receive a message that no drive detected. But I didn’t face any troubles when it was running on Windows XP....