Windows 10: Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install

Discus and support Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've very recently upgraded from an 8 year old pc (self-built) to a brand new rig, I'm unable to install Windows 10 from either DVD or USB (and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hyperjase, Mar 1, 2017.

1. hyperjase Win User

Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install

I've very recently upgraded from an 8 year old pc (self-built) to a brand new rig, I'm unable to install Windows 10 from either DVD or USB (and I've tried creating a USB install from the Media Creation Tool and from Rufus).

I put the USB stick in a port, start the PC and I can see the "starting" spinner, then it goes to a purple/blue screen with just a mouse and it stops just there. If I press Shift and F10 I get a command window.

I've tried disabling Fast Boot in BIOS along with disabling secure boot. It always attempts to boot by UEFI. I did originally manage to install Windows 7 by leaving the motherboard driver disc in, but this doesn't work with Windows 10.

My set up is:

Core i7 7700k
    ASUS Maximus VIII
    Samsung 500gb SSD

Any thoughts or ideas? I think I've tried just about everything I was able to find before asking for assistance!!

If I had any hair left ... I'd be pulling it out!

:)

hyperjase, Mar 1, 2017

2. Blue screen during setup of Windows 10

Original title: windows 10 installation by usb only purple/blue screen

i only have in the set up of windows 10 a purple/blue screen i downloaded windows 10 using media creation tool thanks for help

Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install [​IMG]
    this is how it looks just without the set up just a blank purple screen

thesims3fan, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 won't start

Windows doesn't start... It goes from POST to blue error screen. Windows+X doesn't work because windows isn't running. I downloaded the installation file to a USB drive, but it won't boot to USB. When boot to USB is selected, it will POST and right
    back to the blue error screen.

AltonDiamond, Mar 1, 2017
  4. pbcopter Win User

Hi and Welcome.

Are you using a USB 3.0 port? Use USB 2.0 instead.

pbcopter, Mar 2, 2017
  5. hyperjase Win User
    Thanks, I've tried both 2 & 3, both with USB 2 & 3 sticks, all does the same, so does the DVD

hyperjase, Mar 2, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    See my shorter quote in the OP here:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Download Kyhi's recovery tools ISO file, Win14393PESE_x64 ISO v170116. Mount the ISO file. On a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive, rename the boot.wim file in the \Sources folder to boot.bak. Copy the boot.wim file from the \Sources folder of Kyhi's mounted ISO file to the \Sources folder of the Windows 10 Installation USB flash drive. Boot the computer from it. Hopefully it boots all the way into Kyhi's recovery tools. Use file explorer to find the USB flash drive and run setup.exe from it.

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2017
  7. hyperjase Win User
    Thanks, I'll give that a try later on

hyperjase, Mar 2, 2017
  8. hyperjase Win User

That booted fine, but on clicking setup.exe, and attempting to install I get the message as on the screenshot:

Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install [​IMG]

When I looked in device manager there were 4 devices without drivers, trying to install them from the motherboard disc didn't work, it couldn't find the drivers.

The one thing I noticed is that my computer was switched on earlier today, when I get home, around 5 hours later, "Setup is starting" was on the screen but was stuck there.

hyperjase, Mar 2, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    So, your computer needs some drivers for Windows setup to use to access the hard drive/SSD, is my guess. I've never had to load drivers for Windows setup to use. @Kari, can you help with that?

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2017
  10. Kari Win User
    Never seen that in Windows 10 setup!

11. hyperjase Win User
    I did try this with RAID disabled and enabled in the BIOS in case that was causing a driver issue.

hyperjase, Mar 2, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would contact ASUS.

Although, another thought - does the motherboard have a built in Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and you are adding a video card to it? Might want to try with the video card removed, if that is the situation and go with the on board GPU to see if it is the graphics driver missing.

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

@Kyhi, maybe?

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2017
  14. hyperjase Win User
    UNBELIEVABLY --- it's because I had the motherboard driver disc in the DVD drive!!

Reference: Unable to install Windows : techsupport

Thank you for your assistance, I'm going to try a "stock" clean install of Windows 10 now with the disc removed - it's odd as Windows 7 actually requires the disc in the drive during install!

hyperjase, Mar 2, 2017
  15. TairikuOkami, Mar 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install - Similar Threads - install USB UEFI

2. When trying to install windows 10 with USB on UEFI Mode it gives a blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to install windows 10 with USB on UEFI Mode it gives a blank blue screen: when i try to install windows 10 from USB on UEFI mode it shows the windows logo no progress circle and then the whole screen turns light blue CSM support is disabledSecure boot is disabledFast Boot is Disabledthe USB drive is not faulty since i tried it on my a different PC...
  3. When trying to install windows 10 with USB on UEFI Mode it gives a blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to install windows 10 with USB on UEFI Mode it gives a blank blue screen: when i try to install windows 10 from USB on UEFI mode it shows the windows logo no progress circle and then the whole screen turns light blue CSM support is disabledSecure boot is disabledFast Boot is Disabledthe USB drive is not faulty since i tried it on my a different PC...
  4. When trying to install windows 10 with USB on UEFI Mode it gives a blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 installation showing only purple screen, no options.

Windows 10 installation showing only purple screen, no options.: Windows 10 installation showing only purple screen, no options. I have created an USB flash drive with Windows 10(it is an old version, I don't know which one), I installed Windows 10 with this, then the installed Windows 10 wasn't booting, it was stuck at circling dots, so...
  6. Windows 10 installation got stuck on a purple screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation got stuck on a purple screen: My linovo laptop was running very slow with windows 10, so I tried to reinstalling windows with a bootable usb. At first the installation was going fine but while I was afk the display turned off and nothing was happening. I thought it's usually restarting while installation...
  7. can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation

can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation: Hi all, I have previously double-partioned system with Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 7 in parallel and GRUB of course and everything works fine, but after I change my motherboard to new one X79 - Windows stops loading with BSOD Ubuntu still works perfectly fine. I decide to make...
  8. installation of windows 10 uefi via usb has black screen

installation of windows 10 uefi via usb has black screen: hello I want to install Windows 10 on my Dell laptop, but booting it to an installation doesn't work. I made bootable with USB via Rufus. press F12 for the bootloader option. and I chose boot using the USB option. but after selecting it, the windows logo appears and...
  9. UEFI booted Windows 10 installation stuck at blue Windows Logo screen

UEFI booted Windows 10 installation stuck at blue Windows Logo screen: I recently got a set of Intel X79 platform (ASRock X79 Extreme 3) from my friend, and decided to perform a clean install of Windows 10. I had a USB stick which contained Windows 10 x64 installer, made by official Windows 10 Media Creation Tool 1803, and it worked well on...
  10. USB Installer UEFI or Not?

USB Installer UEFI or Not?: Hey guys, I'm not so organized due to my health. I have multiple Windows 10 Installers, Linux etc, and usually choose to download the iso and create my own USB Installers, and usually label them appropriately. I have this one that I'm not sure if it was installed as UEFI, is...