Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I built a new desktop and i'm trying to install windows 10 on it. I can get into the bios fine and all my components are showing up. I set my initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slayback, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Slayback Win User

Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB

I built a new desktop and i'm trying to install windows 10 on it. I can get into the bios fine and all my components are showing up. I set my initial boot device as the USB and then reboot my PC to start the installation process. The windows logo shows up,but as soon as it gets to purple setup screen for installation my PC shutsdown and reboots. This same process keeps looping and I can't get the w10 installation process started. I only have my keyboard, monitor and USBconnected to the desktop IO panel. I tried a different USB installed with windows 7 but get the same problem.

:)

Slayback, Oct 25, 2016
  2. alanktan Win User

windows 10 crash and ask to reboot and select proper Boot device

I have windows 10 and suddenly it crashes and ask to reboot from device or insert boot media and press any key ( didn't work). I've downloaded the necessary files and try to install windows 10 without looing my files by starting the computer with the USB
    stick in.

Now it says my PC needs to be repaired.

The boot configuration is missing or contain errors

File\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

Error code:0xc000000f

alanktan, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Insignia Tablet Stuck in Reboot Loop, Can't boot from USB

I've had this Insignia tablet since Christmas and recently, it's been freezing up on me. I decided today to reset the whole thing. While it was reseting, something screwed up and it rebooted. Now the Windows 10 installation is stuck on 64% and it keeps rebooting
    over and over and over with no progress being made.

After researching this problem, I made a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 on it in order to boot the tablet from the USB. I went into BIOs and changed the boot order to make sure that the USB drive was listed first. I restarted the tablet but it doesn't
    even try to boot from the USB, it just boots like it normally does, flashes the 64%, and enters the reboot loop. I've been trying to fix this for hours and I'm not sure what to do.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

S. O'Brien, Oct 25, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

My mother-in-law's computer started doing that. Turned out it was the keyboard was physically bad, believe it or not. I would recommend try starting it up with no keyboard or mouse connected and see if it stays on. Also make sure all the internal components are firmly seated. Also try starting it up without the USB flash drive inserted and see if it will stay on the No Boot Device warning screen without rebooting on it's own.

NavyLCDR, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB - Similar Threads - Installation Crashing rebooting

2. Boot loop while trying to install windows 10 from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop while trying to install windows 10 from usb: About to pull my hair out….I installed a new Samsung 870 EVO into a HP Pavilion 17-g121wm. Created a usb windows 10 boot drive using windows media creation tool. When I boot from the flash drive the windows logo will pop up and then the laptop will reboot and it will infinity...
  3. Boot loop while trying to install windows 10 from usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop while trying to install windows 10 from usb: About to pull my hair out….I installed a new Samsung 870 EVO into a HP Pavilion 17-g121wm. Created a usb windows 10 boot drive using windows media creation tool. When I boot from the flash drive the windows logo will pop up and then the laptop will reboot and it will infinity...
  4. Boot loop while trying to install windows 10 from usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows crashing while reboot/boot on installation of any software after fresh windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing while reboot/boot on installation of any software after fresh windows...: Recently I made a fresh installation of win 10 on my laptop. The laptop works fine if I don't install any software after windows installation but if I install any software or driver my pc is unable to start/restart & goes to automatic repair after some attempts....
  6. Windows crashing while reboot/boot on installation of any software after fresh windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing while reboot/boot on installation of any software after fresh windows...: Recently I made a fresh installation of win 10 on my laptop. The laptop works fine if I don't install any software after windows installation but if I install any software or driver my pc is unable to start/restart & goes to automatic repair after some attempts....
  7. Windows crashing while reboot/boot on installation of any software after fresh windows...

8. "Dots while booting windows 10 from usb for installation"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Dots while booting windows 10 from usb for installation": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dhanveer_as [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2w6d6/dots_while_booting_windows_10_from_usb_for/
  9. Booting from Windows 10 USB causes PC to reboot

Booting from Windows 10 USB causes PC to reboot: Hello, I have been trying for a week to upgrade a PC to Windows 10. First I tried upgrading directly from Windows 7 using the Windows media creation tool but I kept getting a driver error, even after updating the driver and then uninstalling the driver. So I formatted the...
  10. Installing Windows to Boot From A USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing Windows to Boot From A USB: Hi Guys, I want to reinstall Windows to get rid of any nasty stuff that might be lurking in the registry as I've recently picked up a long list of malware. If I use the Windows download tool to create a reinstall file, will it create a pure, original Windows file, or will it...