Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I built a new desktop and i'm trying to install windows 10 on it. I can get into the bios fine and all my components are showing up. I set my initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slayback, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Slayback Win User

Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB

I built a new desktop and i'm trying to install windows 10 on it. I can get into the bios fine and all my components are showing up. I set my initial boot device as the USB and then reboot my PC to start the installation process. The windows logo shows up,but as soon as it gets to purple setup screen for installation my PC shutsdown and reboots. This same process keeps looping and I can't get the w10 installation process started. I only have my keyboard, monitor and USBconnected to the desktop IO panel. I tried a different USB installed with windows 7 but get the same problem.

:)

Slayback, Oct 25, 2016
  2. alanktan Win User

windows 10 crash and ask to reboot and select proper Boot device

I have windows 10 and suddenly it crashes and ask to reboot from device or insert boot media and press any key ( didn't work). I've downloaded the necessary files and try to install windows 10 without looing my files by starting the computer with the USB
    stick in.

Now it says my PC needs to be repaired.

The boot configuration is missing or contain errors

File\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

Error code:0xc000000f

alanktan, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Insignia Tablet Stuck in Reboot Loop, Can't boot from USB

I've had this Insignia tablet since Christmas and recently, it's been freezing up on me. I decided today to reset the whole thing. While it was reseting, something screwed up and it rebooted. Now the Windows 10 installation is stuck on 64% and it keeps rebooting
    over and over and over with no progress being made.

After researching this problem, I made a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 on it in order to boot the tablet from the USB. I went into BIOs and changed the boot order to make sure that the USB drive was listed first. I restarted the tablet but it doesn't
    even try to boot from the USB, it just boots like it normally does, flashes the 64%, and enters the reboot loop. I've been trying to fix this for hours and I'm not sure what to do.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

S. O'Brien, Oct 25, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

My mother-in-law's computer started doing that. Turned out it was the keyboard was physically bad, believe it or not. I would recommend try starting it up with no keyboard or mouse connected and see if it stays on. Also make sure all the internal components are firmly seated. Also try starting it up without the USB flash drive inserted and see if it will stay on the No Boot Device warning screen without rebooting on it's own.

NavyLCDR, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation Crashing and rebooting while booting from USB - Similar Threads - Installation Crashing rebooting

2. Installing Win10 from USB while Win10 already installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 from USB while Win10 already installed?: I reformatted my brand new laptop using an old version of Win10 I had on a USB. However after doing this I ran into an issue with Windows updates not working. After some searching I found that I needed a newer build of the Win10 bootable USB. I ran the Win10 installer from...
  3. Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install: Booting from usb freezes: I cannot boot Windows from my bootable USB drive. I've tried multiple drives with no luck. I have tried disabling and enabling CSM and disabled fast boot but still can't get it. I keep getting to a screen with the windows logo and the loading dots but then everything freezes....
  4. Windows 10 installation interrupted. Can't boot from USB.

Windows 10 installation interrupted. Can't boot from USB.: I have a Dell laptop that I was trying to put Windows 10 on. I did the upgrade fine but then after restart when it was finishing the laptop shut off. Now when I load it up it says "Windows was interrupted and can't start, please restart to continue installation". I can't do...
  5. Can't boot from USB while HDD is connected

Can't boot from USB while HDD is connected: I'm trying to boot a non-working-windows laptop from an external HDD with bootable windows installation in order to access repair tools, and it is working fine as it is tested on a working machine. The boot order in BIOS is fine, the external HDD is set as the 1st priority...
  6. Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming.: Hi Everyone, Really having some annoying problems ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 pro x64 to Windows 10 pro x64. I play a variety of video games but most recently I've been playing Diablo 3 and for some reason my computer randomly crashes and restarts in the middle...
  7. Curious Problem Booting from Windows 10 Installation USB?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Curious Problem Booting from Windows 10 Installation USB?: I've just created a Windows 10 installation USB using the Media Creation Tool. I then booted it on my Windows 8.1 Pro desktop PC just to check the USB stick would boot. It booted to the first installation Windows 10 installation window as expected. I didn't want to do...
  8. Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install

Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install: I got a HP Notebook yesterday that had Windows 8.1 on it. Today I decided I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 (not upgrade, but clean install) on it and I do have experience in reinstalling operating systems. I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB stick and when the computer...
  9. Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB - UEFI

Can't boot Windows 10 installation from USB - UEFI: Hello! I have my laptop since last december (less than a year), and for unknown reasons, I got a BSOD a few weeks ago and none of the available recovery tools managed to bring me back to my desktop; not even a refresh. That's when I promised myself that I would never ever...
  10. Installing Windows to Boot From A USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing Windows to Boot From A USB: Hi Guys, I want to reinstall Windows to get rid of any nasty stuff that might be lurking in the registry as I've recently picked up a long list of malware. If I use the Windows download tool to create a reinstall file, will it create a pure, original Windows file, or will it...