Windows 10: Windows 10 installation failed on 2nd stage.

Discus and support Windows 10 installation failed on 2nd stage. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; An error occured when my installation goes to second stage. Then it recovered my last OS version and said that update fail because this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MuhammadNaqif, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 installation failed on 2nd stage.

An error occured when my installation goes to second stage. Then it recovered my last OS version and said that update fail because this "WindowsUpdate_C1900101 OR WindowsUpdate_dt000". What I have to do? My Windows 10 Update application also gone from my taskbar. *Sick

:)

MuhammadNaqif, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Andrew_JD Win User

Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4054517 fails to install at 49%

My mothers laptop fails to install Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4054517. It runs the following stages.

1st install stage to 30%

Restart

2nd install stage to 49%

Restart

3rd install stage 35% to 49% ‘We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes’

Restart

Getting Windows Ready, ‘We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes’

Restart

Getting Windows Ready, ‘We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes’

Restart

Getting Windows Ready, login

Once logged back in again, the following updates do show in the Uninstall an Update section as installed:

• Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4051963)
    • Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4054517)
    But the update 2017-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4054517) also shows up as awaiting a restart to install.

I have run re-sets against Windows Update services, deleted the software distribution files, but it still fails.

There is no recovery point back before the update was first released to use.

HD has 587GB free out of 685GB. Processor is i5-2430M 2.40GHz 64bit, upgraded from Windows 7, 6GB RAM.

Andrew_JD, Aug 5, 2015
  3. BRCjr Win User
    computer freeze when loading game on facebook

Windows 10 is being installed in 3 major stages to public with 2nd major stage scheduled for November 10. Many issues should be resolved hopefully including your Facebook Games problem. As an insider I have a preview build which is something like the 2nd
    release but not entirely. Many things seemed to work better. Including Facebook games. I do not use firefox or chrome or even google. I use only Edge and MSN as my homepage and Bing as my search engine. Microsoft 100%. It works for me. The Windows 10 defaults.
    Browser, Search Engine, Home Page

BRCjr, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 installation failed on 2nd stage.

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 installation failed on 2nd stage.

1. Windows 10 installation failed on 2nd stage. - Similar Threads - installation failed 2nd

2. Windows 10 fails to install. Gets to 73% during install stage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 fails to install. Gets to 73% during install stage.: Windows 10 fails to install. Gets to 73% during install stage. when " Windows 10 Failed to Install" message a appears. I tried three times. Windows installer is turned on, security software is off and i have pkenty of space available....
  3. Windows 10 fails to install. Gets to 73% during install stage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 fails to install. Gets to 73% during install stage.: Windows 10 fails to install. Gets to 73% during install stage. when " Windows 10 Failed to Install" message a appears. I tried three times. Windows installer is turned on, security software is off and i have pkenty of space available....
  4. Windows 10 fails to install. Gets to 73% during install stage.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive

Install Windows 10 on 2nd drive: Hi I currently have a 1Tb HDD, partitioned into ‘C’ one-third and ‘D’two-thirds. ‘C’ is Windows 10 and apps, ‘D’ is data docs, spreadsheets, music…. I have a spare 240Gb SSD 2.5 inch which I’d like to useas the boot drive, with the aim of making Windows 10 start quicker,...
  6. 2nd install of windows 10

2nd install of windows 10: I installed windows 10 on an AMD gen7 pc, it loaded but once installed kept freezing after 5 minutes. It did this over 18 times, fed up at what was happening I decided to dump it and reformat machine. when I tried a second fresh windows 10 install it would not work. so not...
  7. Windows 10 on 2nd PC activation failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on 2nd PC activation failed: Hi, I can't activate my windows 10 Pro for my 2nd PC. I'm in 1st PC organization I can see both my pc's at microsoft.account - devices. It wasn't an issue before and it worked fine, before this new update came out. On activation Tab it says: We can't active Windows on this...
  8. Clean install stages

Clean install stages: Can anyone send me here screenshots of a clean install? As i did one but i just clicked on the highlighted partition and it did the install but i think i didnt do it correctly as i think i have to click on format? is this correct?...
  9. At Finishing up Last stage Windows 10 Installation failed and rebooted with Installing...

At Finishing up Last stage Windows 10 Installation failed and rebooted with Installing...: Since Windows 10 crashed in August 2019 after attempted update. Create media USB drive twice. Tried lot for re-installing Windows 10 through media USB drive but all time failed at different stages. Last I tried for clean Install having clean disk and removed all partitions....
  10. Metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Metadata staging failed: These errors have started building up with every reboot.. What's going on? Never seen them in W764? But now after upgrading to W10 64.. Metadata staging failed, result={CA0E9E80-3E97-FCAC-730A-8CB080FA2581} for container '0x80070490' A connection to the Windows Metadata...