Windows 10: Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode

Discus and support Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I bought new laptop (HP 250 G5) few days ago and it came without system on it so I tried to install Windows 10 from bootable DVD. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jon Snow, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Jon Snow Win User

Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode

Hello,

I bought new laptop (HP 250 G5) few days ago and it came without system on it so I tried to install Windows 10 from bootable DVD. I have both UEFI and Legacy modes enabled in BIOS.

When I try to boot from my Interna CD/DVD ROM Drive i just get some yellow screen and nothing happens.
    I tried disabling Legacy Support but then I have no boot devices in UEFI mode.

Here's my BIOS setup:

Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode [​IMG]

Is it possible at all to boot Windows 10 from DVD in UEFI mode and am I doing something wrong? *Smile

:)

Jon Snow, Feb 24, 2017

2. Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing

The required partition layout varies between computers in UEFI BIOS mode and Legacy BIOS mode. I am guessing that yours is UEFI. Do you have Windows 10 setup on a USB stick or DVD?

Don Cuthbert, Feb 24, 2017
  3. bios help

hi,guys

my laptop is a lenovo g50-30, I want to do a fresh install of windows 10 using a DVD,

I note in the bios menu there is (UEFI ) and (legacy support) not sure what this is?

can the laptop run in (UEFI )mode or(legacy support) if so which is best,

what mode is better for me if just wanting to install windows 10 from DVD?

please note I am new to the computer thing, please take it slowly,

thanks for your time,

bluesfloyd

bluesfloyd1, Feb 24, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

You can`t have both enabled at the same time.

If you try UEFI, boot from the dvd drive, there should be 2 listings, your normal dvd and your UEFI dvd, just choose UEFI dvd.

If the disc doesn`t show up for either choice then you have a bad disc.

AddRAM, Feb 24, 2017
  5. Jon Snow Win User
    The thing is that when I disable legacy I have no devices in boot menu... and I think that the disc is ok. *Smile

Jon Snow, Feb 24, 2017
  6. Kyhi Win User
    read the contents of the disk..

you should have an "EFI" folder and a "bootmgr.efi" file

7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I just booted my laptop in UEFI mode from a Windows 10 installation DVD just fine.

NavyLCDR, Feb 25, 2017
  8. Jon Snow Win User

Maybe it is my disc after all...
    I managed to boot from it but installation got stuck on 91% at 'Getting files ready...' :/

Jon Snow, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode - Similar Threads - installation DVD UEFI

2. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  3. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in UEFI Bios mode: Hi,I wanted to erase the files on my computer to sell it, but when I started it I got a quick message that something was wrong with Windows. Since then I'm stuck in the UEFI Bios mode where I can't get out. Pressing the "Save and Exit" gives me the message that I did not make...
  4. Stuck in UEFI Bios mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Windows 7 from UEFI to BIOS mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows 7 from UEFI to BIOS mode: I have an older computer with Windows 7 installed. I want to transfer that installation to a VirtualBox Virtual Machine. I am using Acronis 2019 Universal Restore in an attempt to restore an image backup of the Win 7 to the VM. The issue I am struggling with at the moment is...
  6. Change Windows 7 from UEFI to BIOS mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows 7 from UEFI to BIOS mode: I have an older computer with Windows 7 installed. I want to transfer that installation to a VirtualBox Virtual Machine. I am using Acronis 2019 Universal Restore in an attempt to restore an image backup of the Win 7 to the VM. The issue I am struggling with at the moment is...
  7. BIOS MODE UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS MODE UEFI: MY PC DOES NOT SUPPORT BIOS MODE UEFI HOW TO SUPPORT THE UEFI IN MY PC INSPIRON 15 5558 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-mode-uefi/ac6086ce-66ea-4ac5-a024-1fecbf1aa88a
  8. BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?

BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?: My Windows 10 says its BIOS mode is Legacy with C drive partition as MBR. Is it worth switching to UEFI mode with C drive as GPT partition? Why does it seem so difficult to install to UEFI mode with GPT partition? You do not get an option to choose when you install windows 10...
  9. Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation

Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation: Hi, I have an MSI Laptop with windows 10 installed in dual boot with ubuntu. I want to switch to UEFI can I make a system backup image on an external hdd and install this in UEFI mode?...
  10. Booting a Win 10 DVD in UEFi Mode for Windows installation

Booting a Win 10 DVD in UEFi Mode for Windows installation: How do I set my BIOS to have the DVD boot and install Windows 10 in UEFI mode? I do see a setting on my Asus motherboard UEFI "CSM Compatability" and in there are three options: UEFI and Legacy OPROM Legacy OPROM only UEFI only Do I select UEFI only option here? What...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows 10 uefi from dvd