Windows 10: Windows 10 installation from Windows 7 Pro - BSOD after installation

Discus and support Windows 10 installation from Windows 7 Pro - BSOD after installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have been trying to install windows 10 since launch day. However i have been somewhat unsuccessful. Win 10 installs successfully but when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stscott2, Aug 4, 2015.

1. stscott2 Win User

Windows 10 installation from Windows 7 Pro - BSOD after installation

Hi
    I have been trying to install windows 10 since launch day. However i have been somewhat unsuccessful.
    Win 10 installs successfully but when the computer does the setting up of Apps at its first run it crashes to BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    I am computer competent and have tried a multitude of things to try and diagnose the problem. Minidump files point to ntoskrnl.exe error which may be being caused by a driver compatibility issue.
    Comodo Internet security is a driver also shown in the minidump files which i have also disabled in safe mode . issue still occurs.

I have installed 3 times and rolled back to previous rebuild the same times.

FYI - All my drivers are up to date

Computer -
    Dell Vostro 430
    Intel Core i7 CPU
    4gb RAM

i have attached dxdiag info and the mini dump files.

If anyone can help me figure out what is causing the BSOD after installation that would be great.

Thanks
    Stephen

:)

stscott2, Aug 4, 2015
  2. NickSteel Win User

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Facillity at Zero

Specialization in replies:

Step1

Step2

Step3etc

Installation Guide Windows 10, Aug 4, 2015
  4. stscott2 Win User

Update - i have finally solved this .

The Comodo internet security was the cause of the continuous crashing.
    Even though i disabled it and uninstalled it - it still had a secondary installed program which was utilizing the Comodo driver causing it to BSOD.

if anyone encounters issues with comodo insure all components are uninstalled before installing windows 10

Steve

stscott2, Aug 6, 2015
  5. gabuille Win User
    Hi!

i see you had problem with Windows 10 migration.

I got one yesterday, just after udpating windows 8.1 to 10:

internet only work few minutes then crash..
    I update manually the Ethernet card drivers but it doesn't change anything.

I have a Vostro 430 too.

Would you have an idea?

Kinds regards

Gabriel

gabuille, Aug 11, 2015
  6. stscott2 Win User
    stscott2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation from Windows 7 Pro - BSOD after installation - Similar Threads - installation Pro BSOD

2. WINDOWS 7 installation from WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 7 installation from WINDOWS 10: Hello, okay so, I wish to install Windows 7 in my Windows 10 laptop, but here is the thing: I had the ISO files before, but the laptop I currently have is ONLY included with that version of Windows. I tried installing it normally and dual booting but nothing worked. It tells...
  3. Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro

Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro: Windows 10 will not download and after hours of trying, the download process stops and says that I need to manually remove DigitalPersona Pro from my computer. I can not find this file anywhere to remove it - I even tried to remove the entire HP Protect Security Manager...
  4. Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro: Windows 10 will not download and after hours of trying, the download process stops and says that I need to manually remove DigitalPersona Pro from my computer. I can not find this file anywhere to remove it - I even tried to remove the entire HP Protect Security Manager...
  5. Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Installation window 10 from window 7 pro

Installation window 10 from window 7 pro: I tried several times to install window 10 i have window 7 pro without success the error is 0xC1900101- 0x30018, failed in the first boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-window-10-from-window-7-pro/75e2b44a-38ee-4117-aa37-b34539eb0c30
  7. Installing windows 10 Pro on a windows 7 Pro Machine

Installing windows 10 Pro on a windows 7 Pro Machine: I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 Pro, Every time I try to install it gets to the end and errors out and I get the following: 0x800707E7 0x3000D First Boot Phase error during migrate data...
  8. Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error

Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error: Windows 10 Couldn’t be installed Errors 0x8007042B 0x2000D The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation...
  9. Recovery: Windows 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro install media

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery: Windows 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro install media: Recovery: System Mechanic hosed my Windows 10 Pro Intel RAID 0 install. Boots to black screen with the Windows icon with the white dots spinning. After about 3 minutes screen flashes black then the spinning dots reappear and stay that way until the system is shut down. I...
  10. Install Windows 7 Pro

Install Windows 7 Pro: Hello, I bought a new ASUS laptop running with Windows 8.1 (64bit), had upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. How I can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 with the same licence, although my laptop never running windows 7. Regards, Abdelhak...