Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently replaced my hard drive, as my old one was fried. I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series. My new hard drive is a "WD Blue 1TB Mobile Hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelFraizer1, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Installation Issues

Hi, I recently replaced my hard drive, as my old one was fried. I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series. My new hard drive is a "WD Blue 1TB Mobile Hard Disk Drive -5400 RPM SATA 6 gb/s 128 MB Cache 2.5 Inch." When I went to go install Windows onto the new hard drive, I ran into some issues.

I chose custom install as I am booting from an Installation Media. When asked "where do you want to install Windows?" I was not given any options. At the bottom I get an error message that says "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load Driver." I clicked "Load Driver" and could not find the driver files.

• Do I need to install specific files onto a USB?
    • Did I install my hard drive incorrectly?
    • Is my hard drive incompatible with my laptop?
    • Any other tips or suggestions on how to get Windows Installed are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

MichaelFraizer1, Jul 6, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 6, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Cvrk Win User

Windows 10 Installation Issues

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-windows-10-preview-windows-phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

Cvrk, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation Issues

1. Windows 10 Installation Issues - Similar Threads - Installation Issues

2. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  3. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  4. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Login issues using PIN after installing March Windows 11 Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login issues using PIN after installing March Windows 11 Updates: Hey all,I just installed my Windows 11 updates for the month of March. Unsure which update was causing me issues to login after installing them. I had to reboot my machine 3 times in order for my PIN to work.Updates Installed:2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...
  6. Login issues using PIN after installing March Windows 11 Updates

Login issues using PIN after installing March Windows 11 Updates: Hey all,I just installed my Windows 11 updates for the month of March. Unsure which update was causing me issues to login after installing them. I had to reboot my machine 3 times in order for my PIN to work.Updates Installed:2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...
  7. Issue with Windows Update Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Update Installation: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to install a recent update for my Windows 11 23H2 x64 HOME. My product key is PII Removed>, and the update key is KB5034848.Despite several attempts, the update failed to install, and I...
  8. Issue with Windows Update Installation

Issue with Windows Update Installation: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to install a recent update for my Windows 11 23H2 x64 HOME. My product key is PII Removed>, and the update key is KB5034848.Despite several attempts, the update failed to install, and I...
  9. Issue with Windows Update Installation: Product Key - 83NCX-VB2KK-YQ8BD-T4WVD-RJRJY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Update Installation: Product Key - 83NCX-VB2KK-YQ8BD-T4WVD-RJRJY: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to install a recent update for my Windows 11 23H2 x64 HOME. My product key is 83NCX-VB2KK-YQ8BD-T4WVD-RJRJY, and the update key is KB5034848.Despite several attempts, the update failed...
  10. Issue with Windows Update Installation: Product Key - 83NCX-VB2KK-YQ8BD-T4WVD-RJRJY

Issue with Windows Update Installation: Product Key - 83NCX-VB2KK-YQ8BD-T4WVD-RJRJY: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to install a recent update for my Windows 11 23H2 x64 HOME. My product key is 83NCX-VB2KK-YQ8BD-T4WVD-RJRJY, and the update key is KB5034848.Despite several attempts, the update failed...