Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a HP Notebook yesterday that had Windows 8.1 on it. Today I decided I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 (not upgrade, but clean install) on it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ben123, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Ben123 Win User

Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install

I got a HP Notebook yesterday that had Windows 8.1 on it. Today I decided I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 (not upgrade, but clean install) on it and I do have experience in reinstalling operating systems. I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB stick and when the computer restarted after the installation was done, it would keep booting from the USB stick. I exited the installation screen and then went to the BIOS to change boot priority to "OS Manager", but all I got was an error which I don't remember what it said, and then it just restarted again.

So my question is, how can I get Windows 10 to boot after is has installed and restarted? I really need help fast as I can't seem to solve this myself and it is really frustrating me.

This is my laptop: HP 15.6 Laptop - Black (Intel Celeron N3050 / 500GB HDD / 4GB RAM / Windows 8.1) : Laptops - Best Buy Canada

:)

Ben123, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB giving me error code 0xc000021a before install

I had Windows 8.1 installed and wanted to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my 120GB SSD. I created a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 on it. When I try to boot from it, it will read the USB, then after about 10 seconds it gives me a 0xc000021a error.
    I tried booting from the USB on my laptop and it went to the update prompts just fine. I can find plenty of info of the 0xc000021a error code affecting startup, but not an update. I did update using the same USB file without a clean install and it worked,
    but would still like to have a clean install. Any help would be appreciated.

Dustin Reynolds, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install

If there is no USB drive connected then the BIOS will automatically choose the next boot device in line...
    (You did remove the USB drive, right?)
    ...for example the next on the list may be your CD drive and the one after that may be your HDD.

teachermark, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Ben123 Win User
    No, I did not remove the USB drive. Am I supposed to do that? If I am supposed to do that when exactly should I do it and are you certain that it will work? Also I changed the settings to "Legacy Support", should I change it back to "UEFI"? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Ben123, Aug 1, 2015
  6. One of the first things the Windows Installation process does is copy all the files it needs FROM the USB drive TO your Hard Disc Drive.

Once the installation has been done, you can remove the USB drive.
    If for any reason the USB or DVD is needed in the future, your computer will tell you.

teachermark, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Ben123 Win User
    Alright I will try this. Also, if I am not asking for too much, could you please keep eyes on this thread just in case if I need further assistance? I would really appreciate that. Thanks! I will reply in about 30 minutes or so.

Ben123, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Ben123 Win User

YES! IT WORKED! Thank you, you are a life saver! The computer is finally starting up *Smile ! I appreciate your expertise!

Ben123, Aug 1, 2015
  9. Sheree Win User
    I just installed Windows 10 and made a restore disk on a sub flash drive. Now, when I plug in a usb external backup drive to that port, the computer tries to boot from it. I have to disconnect it all the time. I ran setup and looked at boot order, but it has the right sequence;however, I did this after removing the usb drive. Should I plug it back in and try to reboot again and change the hard drives order? When it was churning to try to boot from that drive, it wouldn't let me enter F12 boot sequence, but I can try again. Thoughts?

Sheree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install - Similar Threads - Installation keeps booting

2. Windows keep booting into USB installation media after installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep booting into USB installation media after installation: Hi. I downloaded a windows 10 media installation using USB. I followed the installation instructions but it boots back to the media installation page again and again after installing it. Please help. I need to work on the laptop. Your replies will be appreciated. Thanks in...
  3. Windows keep booting into USB installation media after installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep booting into USB installation media after installation: Hi. I downloaded a windows 10 media installation using USB. I followed the installation instructions but it boots back to the media installation page again and again after installing it. Please help. I need to work on the laptop. Your replies will be appreciated. Thanks in...
  4. Windows keep booting into USB installation media after installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop: Recently I’ve been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive, and all of my old files are backed up elsewhere. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB containing the installation media, the windows logo appears only for a brief second before a command...
  6. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop: Recently I’ve been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive, and all of my old files are backed up elsewhere. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB containing the installation media, the windows logo appears only for a brief second before a command...
  7. Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10: Hello, I have a lenovo Ideopad 320 and I created an installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10. I cannot get my laptop to boot from the USB, is there any keys I have to press when I turn the power on? I need help as soon as possible please. We need to...
  8. Windows 10 clean install from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 clean install from usb: I’m trying to do a clean install on a new PC using a USB. Anyone know how to get around the media driver missing? I tried the unplug and plug method. I’m at a loss? submitted by /u/jcoope40 [link] [comments]...
  9. [Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes PC

[Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes PC: **What is your parts list?** mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master cpu: i9-900k 2x M2 1TB **Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.** I have set up my usb using microsoft's windows 10 media installation tool. When I boot my pc with the...
  10. boot problems after clean install from usb stick to SSD

boot problems after clean install from usb stick to SSD: I bought a new 250 GB SSD and wanted to perform a clean install of windows 10. I installed windows from a USB stick and all seemed to go well until installation finished and I attempted to reboot removing the usb stick after first changing bios to boot from SSD. It wont boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 install keeps booting to usb