Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation on eMMC

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation on eMMC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, for the past weeks I've been trying to tackle the following issue. I have a Lenovo Ideapad notebook that came with a 32gb eMMC card for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by salcas, Jan 16, 2017.

1. salcas Win User

Windows 10 Installation on eMMC

Hello, for the past weeks I've been trying to tackle the following issue.
    I have a Lenovo Ideapad notebook that came with a 32gb eMMC card for storage. I wanted to downgrade it to Windows 7 so I ended up cleaning the card/drive completely. Soon after I found that there were no drivers available for Windows 7. So I tried going back to Windows 10 with the disc. The problem is I get the following error when picking the drive during installation:

"“We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files.”

I tried so many 'fixes' that I found during research but can't past this roadblock I've manually created the partition and even manually moved the installation files to the primary drive. Something tells me that it has to do with the eMMC. I can't even install a normal drive since there's no space for it.

Please help guys!!*cry*cry

:)

salcas, Jan 16, 2017
  2. Dannyg10 Win User

drive in disk management, not detected in BIOS

I have a 32GB eMMC 14 inch laptop with Windows 10 that I upgraded with a 120GB SSD. I installed Windows 10 on the 120GB SSD and it's working fine but I have a problem with the eMMC drive. I can see the eMMC drive in Windows disk management but, I
    cannot see it in the BIOS. I have formatted the eMMC drive to both Fat 32 and NTSF in Windows 10 but, neither format allows me to see it in the BIOS. In disk management, the eMMC drive is Disk: 0 and the SSD drive is Disk: 1. Both drives indicate "Online".
    Any ideas what I need to do to see the eMMC drive in the BIOS?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Dannyg10, Jan 16, 2017
  3. Can't flash VANILLA PR EMMC (N900)

im guessing you're using windows 7/vista in 64bit with windows virtual pc? either that or 32 bit windows. it generally wont let you flash the emmc.

its not a major issue though. you can boot up your phone and it will run no issues. but it will take about 5 minutes for the first boot as it wipes out the 2gb partition containing all your installed software.

by not flashing the emmc, all you're doing is choosing not to lose all your contacts, messages, music, videos, etc.

you dont need to flash the emmc anymore anyway. the emmc image has not been updated since pr1.2, and it hasnt been necessary to flash the emmc since pr1.1.1 iirc.

Sever---01, Jan 16, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Installation on eMMC

When you said you manually created partition what type of partition did you create, MBR or GPT?

This sounds like a new laptop so I'll bet BIOS is set to UEFI and partition needs to be GPT.

Caledon Ken, Jan 16, 2017
  5. salcas Win User
    I converted to GPT before but still has same issue. The bios is UEFI but has legacy support.

salcas, Jan 16, 2017
  6. In that screen shot you provided, can you delete partition and then select unassigned? Does Windows action and still report it can't create or locate one.

Can I ask, what disc are you using?

7. salcas Win User
    I'm able to delete the partition but get same error.

I have a Windows 10 disc that I burned using the media creation tool when it was released.

salcas, Jan 16, 2017
  8. Windows 10 Installation on eMMC

Okay well first you need to update your media tool so you get 1607. Media Creation tool works on Win 10 machines, otherwise use ISO process if you don't have Win 10 machine. Directions here.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

When you delete it does it show unassigned or does it still have Primary on it? Then what do you do after you delete?

9. salcas Win User
    I don't believe my disk to be the issue. I tried it in another machine and didn't have a problem. I will however still get a copy of the newer build.

When I delete the partition, it says "Drive 0 Unallocated Space" with no other info. I try to create a partition when that happens but get the same error after when trying to proceed.

salcas, Jan 16, 2017
  10. With it Unallocated is the "Next" button enabled?

Well maybe, just maybe you need to load the driver when it asks where to install windows. I didn't see this in your manual but I have seen it on other Asus systems. Strange when you boot it can see it and there are no storage drivers on site which would imply Windows drivers are sufficient.

I would walk back through BIOS and ensure settings are as you think they should be.I would even run Diskpart from command prompt on eMMC to "Clean" it. Then try install.

11. salcas Win User
    Yeah I looked into drivers as well but didn't see anything. I already checked BIOS and cleaned the eMMC within Diskpart.

Thanks for you efforts anyway.

salcas, Jan 16, 2017
  12. Check the disk that Asus gave you.

Addition: Call Asus. If you get lucky they will know exactly what to do or at least should.

13. Windows 10 Installation on eMMC

Is it possible that media you created so long ago was 32 bit? If you weren't watching it defaulted to system it was created on.

I would move forward on creating new 64 bit media.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation on eMMC

1. Windows 10 Installation on eMMC - Similar Threads - Installation eMMC

2. Microsoft Copilot app getting installed on Windows devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Copilot app getting installed on Windows devices: Last week, Microsoft revealed that it started to push its AI Microsoft Copilot to more Windows 10 and 11 devices. The feature, still in preview at the time of writing, shows up as an icon on the Windows taskbar. The tool is enabled on Windows 11 version 23H2 devices by...
  3. Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10: Whenever we install a program on a Windows 11/10 PC, they do not get uninstalled automatically or disappear. We need to uninstall the programs manually. Some users are complaining that installed programs disappear after restarting the PC. In this guide, we show how to fix...
  4. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  5. When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983.: Like the title says when I try installing windows update I keep getting the install error 0x800f0983. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-installing-windows-update-i-keep-getting-the/74aa4b87-08b1-4890-afb2-6108158cb5f2
  6. can not install kb5034441.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not install kb5034441.: Can not install KB5034441. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-install-kb5034441/145f1243-416a-4880-b958-6617ae3876b2
  7. can not install kb5034441.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not install kb5034441.: Can not install KB5034441. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-install-kb5034441/145f1243-416a-4880-b958-6617ae3876b2
  8. Windows tablet to install windows 10, why internal hdd or emmc is only 7.2gb, even though...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows tablet to install windows 10, why internal hdd or emmc is only 7.2gb, even though...: Windows tablet to install windows 10, why internal hdd or emmc is only 7.2gb, even though it's 32gb capacity, can't install it. Try to set bios, diskpart command, everything can't do it....
  9. Windows 10 install don't boot : EMMC drive set as Storage Space Device

Windows 10 install don't boot : EMMC drive set as Storage Space Device: Hi, I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 x64 on a HP notebook after malware, but have a problem with the EMMC drive that doesn't appear in boot manager and gives an error "Boot Device Not Found" at start. I have done a lot of tests and follow all usual methods to reinstall...
  10. Impossible to install Win 7, 10 on Medion with eMMC drive

Impossible to install Win 7, 10 on Medion with eMMC drive: Hello all Laptop Model: Medion Akoya S4219 Medion serial n° MSN: 30020606 Hard disk: eMMC memory card 64GB After a windows crash i deleted all partitions to cleanly reinstall a win 7or win 10 on this machine originally equipped with win 10, but when arriving to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to downgrade failed emmc driver

2. how to let windows detect a emmc

3. Lenovo laptop emmc storage not loading windiws cant get into bios

4. windows 10 setup no storage drives where found emmc,
  5. install windows 32 bits on 32gb emmc