Windows 10: windows 10 installation on my tablet seems to stop at a certain point.

Discus and support windows 10 installation on my tablet seems to stop at a certain point. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently tried to install the latest build of windows 10 on my windows tablet. The download process in fine, but as soon as as the installation gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by linfo28, Jun 24, 2015.

1. linfo28 Win User

windows 10 installation on my tablet seems to stop at a certain point.

I recently tried to install the latest build of windows 10 on my windows tablet. The download process in fine, but as soon as as the installation gets to 31% progress (4% of the main adjustments part of the installation) and just seems to stop. I left the on device on for 3 days, constantly charging, before I gave up and let it run out of power and just revert back to windows 8. Has anyone else been getting this problem, and has anyone been able to fix it?

My tablets specs are as follows:
    memory 2GB
    1.83GHz Quad-Core Intel Atom Z3735F Processor
    32GB internal storage

:)

linfo28, Jun 24, 2015
  2. KristaOld Win User

Windows 10 freezes at 53% while updating

I have reset my asus tablet as the sound stopped working. After attempting to reinstall Windows 10 it keeps freezing at the same point, 53%

Any suggestions?

KristaOld, Jun 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 cannot click on search results

I found the answer to this exact problem I was having on a number of machines. In my case, it was related to using GoToAssist. The GoTo folks have confirmed that there is an issue with certain builds of Windows 10 such that when you attach to them via
    remote session, Cortana results are not clickable and Edge links are not clickable, as well. I also found that using the "Send Feedback" feature also stops working at a certain point that seems to be "Webified".

MikeWatsonANB, Jun 24, 2015
  4. DavidY Win User

I'm guessing that your tablet uses the "WIMBoot" method of compressing Windows 8, so it can be installed on devices with small amounts of storage. Windows 10 will use a different method of compressing itself, and it's not clear to me whether the upgrade from WIMBoot machines will work yet. I also have a tablet with similar storage size and 8.1, and I notice that it hasn't yet popped up with the message asking if I want to upgrade, which you'd expect on an 8.1 machine.

One thing I would check, if you haven't already done so, is how much free space you have? I'm not sure how much space the upgrade will take but I'm guessing it will be a significant chunk when you only have 32GB to start with, especially as it will need to make a windows.old folder to hold the previous installation.

DavidY, Jun 24, 2015
Thema:

1. windows 10 installation on my tablet seems to stop at a certain point. - Similar Threads - installation tablet seems

2. download keeps stopping at certain point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download keeps stopping at certain point: hi, i'm currently downloading a storyboarding software that i should have enough storage for. it isn't giving me any warning saying otherwise.i downloaded it off chrome just fine, and im using the set up for it but the download keeps stopping around halfways through, please...
  3. download keeps stopping at certain point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download keeps stopping at certain point: hi, i'm currently downloading a storyboarding software that i should have enough storage for. it isn't giving me any warning saying otherwise.i downloaded it off chrome just fine, and im using the set up for it but the download keeps stopping around halfways through, please...
  4. download keeps stopping at certain point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows keeps booting up at a certain point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps booting up at a certain point: Hello, I was trying out VALORANT for a while until my laptop went into a BSOD but had a purple screen instead and had the memory management error. Ever since then my laptop has been booting up at a point before the BSOD. Let's say I deleted file "A" and changed a program...
  6. Why does my download suddenly stop at a certain point?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does my download suddenly stop at a certain point?: Hello, Microsoft community,I am needing help when downloading things from the Microsoft website, Store and updates on my Windows 7 laptop, Windows 8.1 desktop and Xbox Series X. Whenever I download something on my home router, it stops at 4.96MB for War Thunder for my Xbox...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones stop working at certain points, can't turn on or off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones stop working at certain points, can't turn on or off.: My bluetooth headphones have a problem, occasionally they just completely stop making sound. No rapid beeps for when the battery's running out, no "connected" or "disconnected" text to speech voices, nothing. When it does thisi can't turn the headphones off/on and need to...
  8. Windows 10 set point recovery seems to be stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 set point recovery seems to be stuck: The set point revuild has been running for over 15 hours. Shows that it is finalizing the set point restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-set-point-recovery-seems-to-be-stuck/4d97af0b-d26d-4d2a-a88a-eb4bffdd55d9
  9. Upgrade from Home to Pro - Installation Stops At Certain Point In Process & Will Not Complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Home to Pro - Installation Stops At Certain Point In Process & Will Not Complete: During the upgrade process, after the laptop has rebooted a couple of times, it comes to a screen looking for the following: country/region preferred language keyboard layout time zone I answered all of these and went on to the next screen, wherein I choose Use...
  10. Installing windows 10 on tablet?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 on tablet?: Hi everyone! I have an HP X2 detachable laptop with windows 10 installed, and it has a bunch of bloatware with like a 1GB of space remaining out of 32GB, I disabled secure boot from the BIOS but I couldn't see legacy boot support option to enable. I tried a bootable USB...