Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to install window 10 on my computer. I've tried installing it on the computer and it just says loading files with a bar below it. once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lanturnlord, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Installation Problem

I've been trying to install window 10 on my computer. I've tried installing it on the computer and it just says loading files with a bar below it. once that finishes the computer reboots and it reports that bootmgr is missing. So I connected the hard drive to another computer and copied both of the bootmgr files from the disc on to the hard drive. when i put the hard drive back into the computer and power it on it comes up saying "Please insert repair disc" or something. So I found a repair disc for windows 7 laying around and booted the computer off of that. Next I went to command prompt and opened up setup.exe on the disc. I was shocked to see it load up the way it was supposed to only in 256 color mode. The rest of the install went fine until the computer rebooted itself. Now the computer doesn't detect windows 10 on the hard drive and the computer just keeps on rebooting itself over and over because it can't find anything on the hard drive. Does anyone what the problem could be? (I should probably also mention that I tried Installing on the same hard drive but on another computer. The installation process went fine and the computer boot windows 10 but when I tried transferring the hard back over to the other computer that one could find anything to boot off of.)

:)

Lanturnlord, Jun 16, 2016

2. Facillity at Zero

Specialization in replies:

Step1

Step2

Step3etc

Installation Guide Windows 10, Jun 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Jun 16, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 Installation Problem

When you install Windows 10 to a hard drive, the only hard drive connected should be the one you are installing Windows 10 to. Also, depending on your bios/UEFI settings, you might have to watch for the first reboot warning message during setup and pull out the Windows 10 USB flash drive or eject the DVD during the 10 second count down.

NavyLCDR, Jun 16, 2016
  5. I only have one hard drive connected to the computer and the install hasn't showed me the reboot warning yet because it will go only as far as loading the files for setup and it says it is missing bootmgr

Lanturnlord, Jun 19, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Are you deleting all the partitions on the hard drive and installing Windows 10 to the unallocated space?

NavyLCDR, Jun 19, 2016
  7. I'd like to see your Disk Management

• Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    • Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
      Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

• Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
      Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image

• Attach the image to a new post

Thanks

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Installation Problem

Yes i tried that once and it didn't work

Lanturnlord, Jun 20, 2016
  9. Slartybart here is the image:

The Hard Drive is J:

10. Can you describe what's on the three drives?
    Disk 0: SR (System, Active ... C: (Boot, Crash Dump)
    Disk 1: E: (HP_Recovery) ... D: (Page File, Active)
    Disk 2: J:\Windows (Active)

G:\SimsPS (Optical drive)

The hard drive is J: ... ok what are the other two drives, SSDs?

I have to say - you disk schema is really a mess.

Follow safe electronic procedures - (no AC, no battery, static precautions ...)

Disconnect Disk 0 and Disk 2 - remember where the connections were
    Connect Disk 2 where Disk 0 was
    Connect Disk 0 where Disk 2 was

Connect power and start the machine.

You still need to do some house keeping on the drives. Lett's see how far you get with this first.

Slartybart, Jun 20, 2016
  11. I can boot off of the J drive into windows 10 but it isn't connected to the computer with the problem. The HP recovery Partition is for backups and the System reserved partition is for boot utilities. And also the other 2 drives are mechanical drives.

12. NavyLCDR New Member
    You need to set the bios/UEFI to boot from Disk 2. The bios/UEFI is booting from the wrong hard drive, probably drive 0.

The best procedure to install Windows 10 on a multi-disk system is to disconnect all drives other than the one you want to install Windows onto. Connect that drive to the lowest numbered SATA port on the motherboard (0 or 1). After Windows 10 is installed and booting properly, then connect the other drives.

NavyLCDR, Jun 20, 2016
  13. Windows 10 Installation Problem

I see ... the disk mgmnt doesn't do members any good if it's not from the machine you're trying to install.

Put the drive back in the problematic machine

Disconnect all devices that did not come with the machine (keybd, mouse, and monitor you will need)

Is the machine's firmware BIOS or UEFI?
    Was the problematic machine ever upgraded to the free Win10 license?
    The answers determines what to do next.

It's also helpful to know your system specs
    Your profile system specs
    Fill in the mfgr, bit depth, all the good information that techies need to discuss or research issues
    Take a look at my specs for an idea of what information is useful. You can get most of the information off the PC mfgr's page for your machine.

Slartybart, Jun 20, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR, my main concern is why it won't boot in the other computer with it being the only hard drive installed

15. Slartybart the machine firmware is bios. The problematic machine originally came with windows xp. since it is about 10:20 at the time of writing this, I will put in the system spec tomorrow.

Thema:

Windows 10 Installation Problem

1. Windows 10 Installation Problem - Similar Threads - Installation Problem

2. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....
  3. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....
  4. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  5. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  6. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

9. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c