Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation Question?.

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation Question?. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just registered to upgrade my Windows 7 SP1 OS to Windows 10 when it becomes available. My question is, will the install be over the top of Win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by saltyseadog, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Installation Question?.

I have just registered to upgrade my Windows 7 SP1 OS to Windows 10 when it becomes available. My question is, will the install be over the top of Win7 where I keep my programs, data etc, etc or will it be necessary to do a clean reinstall of the new OS?.

:)

saltyseadog, Jun 1, 2015

2. Facillity at Zero

Specialization in replies:

Step1

Step2

Step3etc

Installation Guide Windows 10, Jun 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jun 1, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Windows 10 Installation Question?.

From Windows 7 SP1, you can do either. You can download an ISO and do an upgrade or clean install, or you can allow Windows update to do it and it will be an upgrade over your Windows 7.

Mystere, Jun 1, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation Question?.

1. Windows 10 Installation Question?. - Similar Threads - Installation Question

2. My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...: Aero Peek changes at times between working and not working for reasons I usually do not know {in fact never know.}. I recently reformatted my Desktop pc 3 times. {Running Windows 7 and not going to update to 10 or 11.} The last reformat was because Aero Peek was not working....
  3. My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My question is about Aero Peek. How do I make it work after a fresh [Windows 7} install and...: Aero Peek changes at times between working and not working for reasons I usually do not know {in fact never know.}. I recently reformatted my Desktop pc 3 times. {Running Windows 7 and not going to update to 10 or 11.} The last reformat was because Aero Peek was not working....
  4. My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation: Dear Microsoft CommitteeBefore Answering my Issue let's quick review my Laptop Specifications Model: HP Laptop Pavilion 15-bc200neRam: 16 GB RamRom: 1 TB +256 NVME SSDProcessor: Core i7-7th GenerationGraphic Driver: IntelR HD Graphics 630Window Install: Window 10 HomI am...
  5. My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation

My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation: Dear Microsoft CommitteeBefore Answering my Issue let's quick review my Laptop Specifications Model: HP Laptop Pavilion 15-bc200neRam: 16 GB RamRom: 1 TB +256 NVME SSDProcessor: Core i7-7th GenerationGraphic Driver: IntelR HD Graphics 630Window Install: Window 10 HomI am...
  6. My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Question about installed programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  8. Question about installed programs

Question about installed programs: So, I installed Windows 11 and decided to under volt my gpu. I installed Aida64 extreme and i did not save a desktop shortcut because i do not like those. Restarted my pc and I tried to run my aida64 exe file.spent 10 min to search for a way to find my exe somewhere...
  9. Hi, I have two questions about doing a clean offline installation of windows10 pro x64 & 3...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi, I have two questions about doing a clean offline installation of windows10 pro x64 & 3...: Doing a clean offline install of windows 10 pro x641. How do I find out what updates I need to download from windows catalog to do a clean offline install of windows 10 pro x64?2. How do I integrate the updates into the windows installation iso file?Working with Windows 10...
  10. Hi, I have two questions about doing a clean offline installation of windows10 pro x64 & 3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I have two questions about doing a clean offline installation of windows10 pro x64 & 3...: Doing a clean offline install of windows 10 pro x641. How do I find out what updates I need to download from windows catalog to do a clean offline install of windows 10 pro x64?2. How do I integrate the updates into the windows installation iso file?Working with Windows 10...