Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage???

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage??? I just installed W10. It seems to be running slower, its using almost 100% of my disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by muleman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. muleman Win User

Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage???

I just installed W10. It seems to be running slower, its using almost 100% of my disk space, whats the issue???

Asus Laptop, 2.40 CPU. 8GB ram
    Windows 10 Installation.  Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage??? [​IMG]

:)

muleman, Aug 7, 2015

2. Disk running at 100% all the time. Processes in Task Manager don't add up.

Hello,

My disk has been running at 100% almost all the time for a few months now.

I run Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire

The processes tab in Task Manager shows 100% disk usage but the percentages below it don't add up to 100%.

My computer is getting slower and slower, it's struggling to even open Task Manager.

It got worse with the latest update.

I've tried every fix I could find online but none of them worked.

I'm thinking of reinstalling Windows but don't know if that would help.

If you need more information don't hesitate to ask.

Isaac Cassidy, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Multiple Services Damaged After Factory Reset

Last week my PC began to run slower and slower. After a few days it could no longer open Chrome so I switched to Edge which it could barely open. The reason I discovered, was that it was running at a constant 100% disk usage. I tried all the fixes listed
    here, 10 Tips to Fix 100% Disk Usage & Improve Windows Performance and none worked. So I decided to just do a factory reset. That sort of worked. My PC still sometimes runs at 100% disk usage but it goes back to normal after 10-15 minutes.

My new issue is that the reset created a host of new problems. Everything is slower now! Typing, opening programs, startup for sure. I cannot install programs now, that just started today. Powershell won't run, I just discovered that issue 10 minutes ago.
    I imagine there are numerous other issues I don't yet know about. My PC is crippled. Can anyone help me? Sorry for lack of info, I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff.

InterstellarLuv, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Have a read here What does 100% disk usage mean in task manager? - Quora
    Hope it helps good luck.

Bazz, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage??? - Similar Threads - Installation Running Slower

2. 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage: I can clearly see that disk reads are hogging the performance. Any pointers to fix this problem [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-usage/cbaf4c85-7178-4766-9017-861440273f92
  3. Disk usage reaches 100% with Windows installer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk usage reaches 100% with Windows installer: Every time I go to install something that uses Windows installer my disk skyrockets to 100% and the installation crashes. I've tried a few solutions but I have no idea how to fix this. (also after about 5 minutes the disk goes back to normal)...
  4. Disk Usage 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Usage 100%: Hi, My desktop is running on Windows 10. How do I resolve DISK USAGE 100% as shown in Task Manager? It has made my PC unusable. It is too too slow. kf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-100/5a00c0af-4c17-4297-8e60-8f024ae0875a"
  5. Disk 100% usage

Disk 100% usage: [ATTACH] I have 100% disk usage even tought i shouldn't, i can t fix this, someone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-100-usage/bcd0e5ed-46a8-4bfc-a3f2-87f7067e42b1
  6. Disk usage running at 100% all the time

Disk usage running at 100% all the time: My disk is runnig at 100% usage and I have done all I cloud but now I don´t know what to do anymore. I have also checked if it was malware but it´s not....
  7. Disk usage is 100%

Disk usage is 100%: Disk usage is 100% resulting in computer being real slow. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-is-100/f94cae49-632c-4168-8aef-a0480ffe2569
  8. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...
  9. Disk usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk usage at 100%: [IMG] I noticed that my new laptop was lagging and the main reason was that my disk usage was at 100% i tried disabling superfetch, windows search , running malware bytes and ran hd tune reformatted it (2 times). but it still did not do any thing i found out that the...
  10. 100% usage on disk

100% usage on disk: 2 days ago i downloaded a new game Playerunknow's battleground and noticed i was lagging really bad. I opened my task manager and my disk usage was at 100%. I closed everything and noticed my pc was doing things slow. My disk usage stays at 100% now and I do not know what to...