Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage???

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage??? I just installed W10. It seems to be running slower, its using almost 100% of my disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by muleman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. muleman Win User

Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage???

I just installed W10. It seems to be running slower, its using almost 100% of my disk space, whats the issue???

Asus Laptop, 2.40 CPU. 8GB ram
    Windows 10 Installation.  Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage??? [​IMG]

:)

muleman, Aug 7, 2015

2. Disk running at 100% all the time. Processes in Task Manager don't add up.

Hello,

My disk has been running at 100% almost all the time for a few months now.

I run Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire

The processes tab in Task Manager shows 100% disk usage but the percentages below it don't add up to 100%.

My computer is getting slower and slower, it's struggling to even open Task Manager.

It got worse with the latest update.

I've tried every fix I could find online but none of them worked.

I'm thinking of reinstalling Windows but don't know if that would help.

If you need more information don't hesitate to ask.

Isaac Cassidy, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Multiple Services Damaged After Factory Reset

Last week my PC began to run slower and slower. After a few days it could no longer open Chrome so I switched to Edge which it could barely open. The reason I discovered, was that it was running at a constant 100% disk usage. I tried all the fixes listed
    here, 10 Tips to Fix 100% Disk Usage & Improve Windows Performance and none worked. So I decided to just do a factory reset. That sort of worked. My PC still sometimes runs at 100% disk usage but it goes back to normal after 10-15 minutes.

My new issue is that the reset created a host of new problems. Everything is slower now! Typing, opening programs, startup for sure. I cannot install programs now, that just started today. Powershell won't run, I just discovered that issue 10 minutes ago.
    I imagine there are numerous other issues I don't yet know about. My PC is crippled. Can anyone help me? Sorry for lack of info, I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff.

InterstellarLuv, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Have a read here What does 100% disk usage mean in task manager? - Quora
    Hope it helps good luck.

Bazz, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation. Running Slower, 100% Disk Usage??? - Similar Threads - Installation Running Slower

2. 100% usage of HDD, slower laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% usage of HDD, slower laptop: My laptop is from hp, with hdd, and it getting slower and slower all time even when I do reset it many times, and delete every single file on it so it's like brand new, I don't know what to do .. I can't provide an ssd at the moment, and I really need it to be faster so it...
  3. 100% disk usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage with nothing running: I have an HP all in one pc on windows 10. For the last year or so I have been getting 100% disk usage, even if nothing is running. It slows the machine to a crawl. I keep following guidelines to fix it and sometimes it does get useage down to a more normal 33% , but it always...
  4. 100% disk usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage with nothing running: I have an HP all in one pc on windows 10. For the last year or so I have been getting 100% disk usage, even if nothing is running. It slows the machine to a crawl. I keep following guidelines to fix it and sometimes it does get useage down to a more normal 33% , but it always...
  5. 100% disk usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Suddenly my PC is constantly at 100% disk usage, running slower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly my PC is constantly at 100% disk usage, running slower: It started yesterday, it took an unusual time to boot up but when it finally did my PC was running very slow. At first I thought it was some kind of malware so I ran various scans and found nothing, everything was fine. I didn't do anything out of my usual routine, I just use...
  7. Windows 10 Modules Installer 100% Disk usage

Windows 10 Modules Installer 100% Disk usage: i cant stand it anymore. every week there is a new update that forces the module installer to use 100% of my disk at any time. the computer gets very slow, I can't do my jobs, open tabs on google, and any program stops working because It can't handle working with these...
  8. Disk usage always running at 100%?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk usage always running at 100%?: As said in title. I don't know if this qualifies for this reddit page but no one on any others respond submitted by /u/k12345pe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4hkrn/disk_usage_always_running_at_100/
  9. 100% disk usage, windows 10

100% disk usage, windows 10: I have bought a new laptop last week and its disk usage is 100%. I am using Intel 15 8th Gen and 4GB RAM with Windows 10. Any update from Microsoft? What should I do? My new laptop is not working as per expectation....
  10. Windows 10 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 100% disk usage: So the laptop updated (1607) and surprise surprise it's been sluggish since. [img] I think I may move over to Linux, this is beyond a joke. 66642