Windows 10: Windows 10 installation stalls

Discus and support Windows 10 installation stalls in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am attempting to install W10 through USB drive. However as I go through the setup steps, at some point the mouse will start lagging and the setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harvard, Aug 3, 2015.

1. harvard Win User

Windows 10 installation stalls

I am attempting to install W10 through USB drive. However as I go through the setup steps, at some point the mouse will start lagging and the setup goes stuck. I don't know if it's a memory problem since I have 3gb of RAM. However if the PC is turned off for a long time the setup tends to continue longer though eventually it goes stuck.

:)

harvard, Aug 3, 2015

2. Issues with updating sound driver on Windows 10.

Original Title: driver update stalled

after installing windows 10 I tried to update the driver for sound, and its been stalled "updating files" for more than an hour.

DaleRamerman, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Looks like GWX stalled

Yesterday’s download of updates installed, all except for Windows 10. Yet another stall.

Peter N Roth, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Windows 10 installation stalls

Be honest - when was the last time you cleaned your computer?

Your symptoms are a sign that your computer (CPU, probably) is over-heating due to the stress of the installation.
    CPU's turn themselves off before they get too hot so they won't get hurt!

I'm guessing that you normally use your computer for non-resource hogging applications.

Of course, this may not be the reason that the installation won't complete, but if you download a utility that displays your computer's internal organs, you may find that it's pretty hot and nasty inside there.

Run SPECCY and let us know what you find out in there...

teachermark, Aug 3, 2015
  5. harvard Win User
    I just reinstalled Windows 7 thru clean install option.

harvard, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Let me guess...
    Windows 7 on a CD drive (very slow!) and Windows 10 on a flash drive (very fast!)

I hope you find the answer you're looking for. Good luck.

teachermark, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 installation stalls

1. Windows 10 installation stalls - Similar Threads - installation stalls

2. how to retry Microsoft update which stalls right after install starts - Install error -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to retry Microsoft update which stalls right after install starts - Install error -...: Install error - ox80070103 IntelR Corporation - System - 10.29.0.8582 IntelR Corporation - MEDIA- 10.29.0.8582 IntelR Corporation - System - 1.0.2726.0 User left click on "Download & install all button" in "Settings" Mouse Left Click 1796,261 0,0,1920,1080 screenshot0001.JPEG...
  3. how to retry Microsoft update which stalls right after install starts - Install error -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to retry Microsoft update which stalls right after install starts - Install error -...: Install error - ox80070103 IntelR Corporation - System - 10.29.0.8582 IntelR Corporation - MEDIA- 10.29.0.8582 IntelR Corporation - System - 1.0.2726.0 User left click on "Download & install all button" in "Settings" Mouse Left Click 1796,261 0,0,1920,1080 screenshot0001.JPEG...
  4. Possible stalled installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible stalled installation?: My hp envy was stuck for 2 hours yesterday apparently installing something. Couldnt get past screen with hp logo and circling thingie. I Called service and they recommended hard reset, after which I have the same display, now running for 24 + hours. Could this be a Microsoft...
  5. Possible stalled installation?

Possible stalled installation?: My hp envy was stuck for 2 hours yesterday apparently installing something. Couldnt get past screen with hp logo and circling thingie. I Called service and they recommended hard reset, after which I have the same display, now running for 24 + hours. Could this be a Microsoft...
  6. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?: I've tried this a few times, each time, same response.Windows tells me to update my Windows 10.I start the process. My compputer "get ready", then begins the installation.When it gets to 61%, it just stops. Stops & does not continue.What am I supposed to do? I cannot figure...
  7. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?: I've tried this a few times, each time, same response.Windows tells me to update my Windows 10.I start the process. My compputer "get ready", then begins the installation.When it gets to 61%, it just stops. Stops & does not continue.What am I supposed to do? I cannot figure...
  8. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I started installing Windows 10 and I got cut off from the wifi so the instal has stalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I started installing Windows 10 and I got cut off from the wifi so the instal has stalled...: I was installing Windows 10 and I got cut off from the hotspot and it stalled at 70% so what can I do to continue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-started-installing-windows-10-and-i-got-cut-off/ff48db35-d444-4f2e-80e6-744021aacc1a
  10. I started installing Windows 10 and I got cut off from the wifi so the instal has stalled...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I started installing Windows 10 and I got cut off from the wifi so the instal has stalled...: I was installing Windows 10 and I got cut off from the hotspot and it stalled at 70% so what can I do to continue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-started-installing-windows-10-and-i-got-cut-off/ff48db35-d444-4f2e-80e6-744021aacc1a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 install stall on phone