Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can choose between UEFI and UEFI+Legacy BIOS mode. I have a Samsung SSD evo 128gb and don't know it's better MBR or GPT. Thanks. 43891 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Be4stElectrjc, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Installation

I can choose between UEFI and UEFI+Legacy BIOS mode. I have a Samsung SSD evo 128gb and don't know it's better MBR or GPT. Thanks.

:)

Be4stElectrjc, Mar 12, 2016

2. Facillity at Zero

Specialization in replies:

Step1

Step2

Step3etc

Installation Guide Windows 10, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Mar 12, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 Installation

It really won't matter. What do you plan on using your system for?

NavyLCDR, Mar 12, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    GPT is the modern technology and having much more advantages over MBR.
    • GPT can contain much more numbers of primary partitions on a disk.
    • It can handle lengthier partitions and disks.
    • It can recover boot records easier than MBR disks.
    • It is compatible with the UEFI, which is on all the new motherboards.
    If you have the facilities, better you opt for GPT. But as NavyLCDR said, it does not matter for domestic usage.

6. Domestic usage. I want to use UEFI with SSD in GPT as OS. What usage GPT is planned for? Like Big company?

Be4stElectrjc, Mar 12, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Anybody can use GPT. Domestic users or companies.
    When you want to use a disk/partition much bigger, say 2.2 TB or more, you must to go for GPT. Or if you want to use the UEFI features of the motherboard, then you have to use GPT.

You can use UEFI+GPT for your system. It works very good.
    If you face any troubles during the installation; or if you think you need to ask any more questions before doing the job, feel free to ask. *Smile

8. Cliff S New Member

Windows 10 Installation

@Arc explained it well, short & sweet.
    If you're interested in a more in-depth explanation of the differences in the two: GPT(UEFI) vs. MBR(BIOS),
    take a look at this TechNet article: Understanding Disk Partitions

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation

1. Windows 10 Installation - Similar Threads - Installation

2. KB5036980 installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036980 installation error: Split from this thread. I am also having this same issue. Log files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5036980-installation-error/b6c10b0d-5a74-432d-bf35-f50978a66697
  3. KB5036980 installation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5036980 installation error: Split from this thread. I am also having this same issue. Log files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5036980-installation-error/b6c10b0d-5a74-432d-bf35-f50978a66697
  4. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  5. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  6. so i just updated my windows with the latest quality update that i installed at 24/04/2024...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so i just updated my windows with the latest quality update that i installed at 24/04/2024...: i really sick of this... it's been like a cycle where my windows was not able to load fully then it ask to reboot then it happen again. any help please...
  7. so i just updated my windows with the latest quality update that i installed at 24/04/2024...

so i just updated my windows with the latest quality update that i installed at 24/04/2024...: i really sick of this... it's been like a cycle where my windows was not able to load fully then it ask to reboot then it happen again. any help please...
  8. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  9. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  10. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...