Windows 10: Windows 10 installed, now computer won't start up

Discus and support Windows 10 installed, now computer won't start up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 7 pc, installed 10 worked for two days, now won't start up. Tried repairing in safe mode, goes so far then says it can't repair.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CathTennant, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 installed, now computer won't start up

Hello, I have Windows 7 pc, installed 10 worked for two days, now won't start up. Tried repairing in safe mode, goes so far then says it can't repair. I have set Windows 7 as startup system, but says api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll missing. Please help. Need my computer for work. Any advice appreciated, new here so sorry if not sure where to post.

:)

CathTennant, Dec 26, 2015

2. Windows 10 installed now computer won't start up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

This issue could be to Blue Screen error produced by some third party anti virus software.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

Have you installed McAfee Security Software on your computer earlier? If Yes, Is it still installed?

If yes, then we need to uninstall McAfee antivirus from the Computer.

And if you are not able to boot to the Computer, then we can try uninstalling
    McAfee antivirus in safe mode.

I suggest you to perform startup repair of the Computer and check if it helps.

First, I would suggest you to download the ISO file of Windows 10 from below Microsoft Help Article and use media creation tool to create a Windows 10 installation media.

Then try to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Download Windows 10

Boot the Computer with the Windows Installation Media:

1. Start (or boot) your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

2. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so.

3. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click on Repair your computer
    to start the Windows Recovery Mode.

4. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click on
    Troubleshoot.

5. Click on Advanced Options.

6. Then on click on Startup Settings.

After booting into safe mode. Then try to uninstall McAfee antivirus.

Try to login to the Computer normally. Check if it helps.

If you want to roll back to previous operating system, then refer to the below link:

You will be roll back within 30 days of installation of Windows 10 on the Computer.

Refer to the section: Go back to your previous version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Windows 10 installed now computer won't start up

I don't know how to preform your solution, if I can't get my laptop to open in the first place! I am just getting a black screen with a few jumps to desktop, then back to black screen. Help please!

sunshineone00, Dec 26, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 installed, now computer won't start up

I am not sure I completely understand you present situation................
    You said " now won't start up "
    You also said " Tried repairing in safe mode".
    So, if you turn on the computer, will it lead you to the sign in screen ?
    If yes, please do a Rest this PC option........................
    restart your computer > do not sign in
    in the sign in screen, bottom right, click the Power icon > one of the options that appears is Restart >
    press Shift key and hold > click Restart > click "Restart anyway" if you were asked to confirm the action > wait > click Troubleshoot >click Reset this PC > and follow the prompts.

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Thanks for reply. When I turn on computer I get as far as log in but says it is missing api-ms-win-core etc, I mentioned earlier. Tried what you said holding shift and holding then restarting, nothing happened just restarted, no prompts.

6. davidhk Win User
    In case there is a miscommunication.......
    Left click at the Power icon will give you Restart option.
    Press the SHIFT key and hold, then click the Restart option >>>..........

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  7. I did did exactly that. Just restarted

8. davidhk Win User

Like I said, I am unsure if I understand your situation.
    So, can you sign in at all ?

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  9. i can sign in but says I am missing something. api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll missing in Windows 7.
    Dont know how to set Windows 10 as default startup in safe mode. Someone suggested '
    I have done that but can't get Windows 10 to start up?

10. davidhk Win User
    If you can sign in, as you just said, then why do you say "can't get Windows 10 to start up" ?

What are you signed in to ? Windows 7 ?

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  11. I am signed into Windows 7 I don't know how I managed to change startup system to 7. When I Change to Windows 10 it is stuck on start up, I get the Windows logo but don't get passed it

12. davidhk Win User
    OK. That clears the dust.
    If you still want to install Windows 10, use one of the 2 links below:

Media Creation Tool ( MCT ) :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Using MCT as example................
    Download the Tool and run it.
    Then select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the ISO file to your computer.
    When download is completed, RIGHT click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installing Windows 10.
    You have the choice of keeping settings, files and apps, ot keeping nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  13. Windows 10 installed, now computer won't start up

Thanks again, Firstly windows ten is installed, how am I supposed to install below if I can't start computer, at this stage I just want Windows 7 to work.

14. davidhk Win User
    Are you saying that you can sign in to Windows 7 but you cannot do anything such as downloading as I asked you to do ?

P.S. Unless you are on dual boot setup, you cannot have Win 10 and Win 7 installed in the same computer.
    You said you signed in to Windows 7, that means you do NOT have Win 10.

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  15. I think at this stage need to bring to repair shop. I would have thought because Windows 7 won't start because it is missing something it is cause Windows 10 is installed, why would it give option of operating system 7 and 10. Just want access to files now

Thema:

1. Windows 10 installed, now computer won't start up - Similar Threads - installed computer won't

2. I installed windows 11 on my computer and now it won't start up at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed windows 11 on my computer and now it won't start up at all.: When I press the power button to turn on my computer the keyboard lights up and the fans start. After that nothing happensscreen doesn't turn on or anything and then the fans shut back off, and eventually the keyboard and 'on indicator' turn off as well. Then everything goes...
  3. I installed windows 11 on my computer and now it won't start up at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed windows 11 on my computer and now it won't start up at all.: When I press the power button to turn on my computer the keyboard lights up and the fans start. After that nothing happensscreen doesn't turn on or anything and then the fans shut back off, and eventually the keyboard and 'on indicator' turn off as well. Then everything goes...
  4. fsx won't start up now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fsx won't start up now.: I've had fsx for 5 years. It's always started up on Windows 10 until now. The problem may have to do with recent updates - NVIDIA and Window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fsx-wont-start-up-now/99e1ceaa-553e-4ee5-a8a0-bc45b6119c24
  5. computer won't start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer won't start up: My computer won't start up when there are needed updates. It keeps saying that it needs to be connected to the internet. Last time this happened l took it in and had someone check it. They were able to finally get it to come on and download the update and then it worked fine....
  6. Windows wasn't installing and now my computer won't start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wasn't installing and now my computer won't start: Okay, so I was building a PC for the first time and I plugged in a USB to install Windows and turned on my computer and it booted up, and I clicked to install Windows 10 64 bit. At first it seemed to be loading but then it just got stuck and wouldn't progress. I even left it...
  7. My Windows 10 computer won't start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 computer won't start up: I h ave had my computer for while now maybe almost 3 years and I noticed it was getting full and things were starting to lag and take forever to open and somehtings wouldn't open at all, I didnt know what to delete and what not to delete to help fix the problem so I decided...
  8. computer won't start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer won't start up: turned computer on just got though updating and it did something to computer I have windows10 but now it saying i have windows 7 i get a blank page and said personal info not responding...
  9. Windows 10 installed and now my comlputer won't start

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 installed and now my comlputer won't start: I installed windows 10 and it worked fine for the 1st day then it went nuts. I tried to restore it can't find a restore point. I tried to recover and I can't find the back up disk. I tried reseting and that didn't work. I don't know what else to do. Please help 22545
  10. Computer won't start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't start up: When I went to start up the computer, It will not start up. The power indicator light won't light up. There is power going to the computer.as the light on the back is lite up. In July I upgraded to windows 10 Pro 64 bit from Windows Ultimate 64 bit. It has 12gb ram and a 256...