Windows 10: Windows 10 Installer broke

Discus and support Windows 10 Installer broke in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some odd reason, my windows uninstaller is broke. I've had this before, and no way to fix it, so ended up formatting my drive and re-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pka4916, Aug 6, 2018.

1. pka4916 Win User

Windows 10 Installer broke

For some odd reason, my windows uninstaller is broke.
    I've had this before, and no way to fix it, so ended up formatting my drive and re-installed everything.

Now again... it's broke, and wonder if there is a way to fix it properly?
    1. uninstall programs just hangs.
    2. MS C++ Libraries in the Add/remove programs I cannot do Repair.. it just sits there. (that normally just runs, so I could test if the wininstaller was shot or not)

doing an SFC doesn't help at all, so I'm at a loss.
    Spent days on trying to repair it, and finally gave up and reformatted the drive.

anyone else have any suggestions for this?

Thank you

:)

pka4916, Aug 6, 2018
  2. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 6, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installer broke - Similar Threads - Installer broke

2. Got installed Windows 10 1908 on October 3rd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got installed Windows 10 1908 on October 3rd: Got installed Windows 10 1908 on October 3rd, have to say didn't get problems described by others, didn't get any troubles at all. Got one cumulative update i think it was a fix to some of the major problems. So is it fixed ? as no more updates coming out. Windows 10 1908...
  3. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image: I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info onto a "new" Macrium Reflect free version again (in the same, now emptied stick). I am aware of this: Backup and Restore with...
  4. Failure to install MS Office after resetting my Lava T-100 Twinpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to install MS Office after resetting my Lava T-100 Twinpad: Recently I have to reset my Windows 10 on my Lava T-100 Twinpad, which completed successfully. But now I'm unable to reinstall my MS Office products, which came pre-installed with the system and are a part of MS Package. Upon clicking on the "Install" button displaying...
  5. Installation of a 2nd email adress in the programm MAIL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installation of a 2nd email adress in the programm MAIL: Hello, I tried several installation possibilities for my 2nd emailaccount on MAIL-Programm, but it is not accepted. Each time it is written that an action is necessary. Here is the photo: [ATTACH] Thank you for your help!...
  6. My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My friend installed a windows update that broke his wireless driver.: 2 or 3 days ago a friend installed a windows update , and after it was done , he restarted the pc and his wireless driver was not working. We just reinstalled it , and it was working again. Probably windows update installed a driver that was not compatible with his system ....
  7. Windows 10 Installer broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Installer broke: For some odd reason, my windows uninstaller is broke. I've had this before, and no way to fix it, so ended up formatting my drive and re-installed everything. Now again... it's broke, and wonder if there is a way to fix it properly? 1. uninstall programs just hangs. 2. MS...
  8. Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10: After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via Bluetooth to my Beatbox Portable is now "choppy" sounding - behaving like my Laptop is too far away for the Bluetooth connection....
  9. Windows 10 install broke network connections to printers & documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 install broke network connections to printers & documents: Hello, My small office (six people) upgraded to Windows 10 about four months ago, when one user was tricked into the upgrade, and the rest of us followed suit so we'd all be using the same OS. We all have Dell Optiplex 980 desktops that were purchased about five years ago....
  10. hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd: hi, laptop's hdd broke, i put new one in but stuck on how to install win10 i found an iso version from microsoft Access Denied i downloaded it, how to make bootable usb? 72961