Windows 10: Windows 10 installs useless apps again after i uninstall them

Discus and support Windows 10 installs useless apps again after i uninstall them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I followed the guide Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums to uninstall useless apps for all users and prevent it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by evildog1, May 8, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

Windows 10 installs useless apps again after i uninstall them

Hello,

I followed the guide Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums to uninstall useless apps for all users and prevent it from installing in new users. I'm making a powershell script that removes all useless apps for all users and new users at our school's computers because there are many users logged in and it makes the computer much slower. After i removed all useless apps, and few minutes later... i see the SAME apps are being downloaded and install it back again without notice and without a microsoft account.

How can i fully stop it from downloading?

:)

evildog1, May 8, 2016

2. Trying to update apps on Windows Store failed: error 0x803F8001

I am not so sure. It seems to me that the problem is recurring. I did the above with my Wunderlist app, and it worked for 3 weeks, but now the app is failing to load again, and trying to uninstall and install is just as useless as before. The same for
    OneCalendar. I realy do not have many apps from MS Store, prefering desktop aplications. To me it does'nt seem like Windows 10 is able to run these universal apps in a stable manner. Most of them, including Microsofts own, runs better on Android than Windows

Stein Erik Paulsen, May 8, 2016
  3. Hogwilde1 Win User
    Stop useless apps from installing during the upgrade / install

I am doing many upgrades and installs for my company. Anyone know of a way to stop all the useless apps from installing during the upgrade / install process. I just have to go uninstall them after each upgrade and it is a complete waste of time!!!!

Hogwilde1, May 8, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Could you give an example?

If you uninstall an app (like mail or people etc) for all users then it (should and normally) will not reinstall.

However... There are some apps though (flipboard, minecraft) which are not installed but have a tile in the start menu and will download if you click on them. Some people say they download even if you don't click on them but I've not observed this myself.

Thirdly when you upgrade from one version of Windows 10 to the next you'll get the whole lot back again. There is no way around that as far as I know.

If you are interested here is my powershell to remove apps - it is based on the tutorial you linked to and some GitHub project I found referenced in the source below.

I don't do it to make things faster (as they don't use any CPU when not running except for the occasional update) but rather to save a bit (about 1GB) of disk space. You can comment out any you want to keep of course with a # in the $apps array. As you can see I choose to keep Weather, Calculator, Mail and Skype.

Code: $OS = Get-WmiObject Win32_OperatingSystem If(-not $OS.Caption.Contains("10")) { Read-Host -Prompt "This script only works with Windows 10. Press Enter to exit." exit } # Apps to remove $apps = @( "9E2F88E3.Twitter" "ClearChannelRadioDigital.iHeartRadio" "Flipboard.Flipboard" "king.com.CandyCrushSaga" "king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga" "Microsoft.3DBuilder" "Microsoft.Appconnector" "Microsoft.BingFinance" "Microsoft.BingNews" "Microsoft.BingSports" #"Microsoft.BingWeather" "Microsoft.ConnectivityStore" "Microsoft.CommsPhone" "Microsoft.Getstarted" #"Microsoft.Messaging" "Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub" "Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection" "Microsoft.Office.OneNote" "Microsoft.Office.Sway" "Microsoft.People" #"Microsoft.SkypeApp" "Microsoft.Windows.Phone" "Microsoft.Windows.Photos" "Microsoft.WindowsAlarms" #"Microsoft.WindowsCalculator" "Microsoft.WindowsCamera" "Microsoft.WindowsMaps" "Microsoft.WindowsPhone" "Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder" #"Microsoft.WindowsStore" "Microsoft.XboxApp" "Microsoft.ZuneMusic" "Microsoft.ZuneVideo" #"microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps" "Microsoft.MinecraftUWP" "ShazamEntertainmentLtd.Shazam" ) #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ # Functions #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ function PressAnyKey # This function displays "Press Enter to continue" { Write-Host; Write-Host Read-Host -Prompt "Press Enter to finsih" Clear-Host mainMenu } #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ function removeApps2 { # This function removes unwanted Apps that come with Windows. If you do not want # to remove certain Apps comment out the corresponding lines below. Based on W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10 $deleteAll = $true $deleteFiles = $true If ($deleteAll) { Write-Host "Removing default apps" -f yellow foreach ($app in $apps) { Write-Host "Removing " -noNewLine; Write-Host $app -f white # Need to hide the progress bar as otherwise it remains on the screen $ProgressPreference = "SilentlyContinue" Get-AppxPackage -Name $app -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage $ProgressPreference = "Continue" if ($deletefiles) { Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online | where DisplayName -EQ $app | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online $appPath="$Env:LOCALAPPDATA\Packages\$app*" Remove-Item $appPath -Recurse -Force -ErrorAction 0 } } } Else {Write-Host "Request cancelled - apps not removed" -f yellow} pressAnyKey } #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ # GO !!!!! #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ removeApps2[/quote]

lx07, May 8, 2016
  5. evildog1 Win User
    Thanks for the info, but i made a very simple script for automatic script that fully setups a computer after re-installation.

Code: Get-AppXPackage | where-object {$_.name –notlike “*photos*” -and $_.name -notlike “*store*”} | Remove-AppxPackage Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –notlike “*photos*” -and $_.packagename -notlike “*store*”} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online[/quote] and this is the script that needs to be included in automatic cmd script

Code: Powershell.exe -executionpolicy remotesigned -File debloat.ps1[/quote] We have a network system that we can boot into network and re-install OS in 1-click. In the menu, we can select the OS, mirrors, drivers, domains, and rename a computer. When done choosing the options, just 1-click to start installation, and after boot, it will run automatic cmd script and it will do everything itself until it finished and log out.

evildog1, May 9, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    Thanks for posting the script. I much prefer your "not like" to my long winded way of saying "do this, then this, then something else and then the other". I will use it.

I am a beginner at this scripting - my background is midrange where you process one record and then move on to the next.... Not the most elegant or efficient I know.

Are you still getting the problem with re-installation though as you are removing the appxpakage and the appxprovisionedpackage the same as me and I don't see that happening...

7. evildog1 Win User
    Yes, it is happen on some computers, so i ran the script one more time to stop it. Running the script for the first time might not fully remove apps so run the script again after few minutes.

evildog1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installs useless apps again after i uninstall them - Similar Threads - installs useless apps

2. Uninstall useless **** copilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall useless **** copilot: How do I permanently delete this useless application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-useless-copilot/d61fa582-f9cf-4dcc-b4c8-c072faa196e0
  3. Uninstall useless **** copilot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall useless **** copilot: How do I permanently delete this useless application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-useless-copilot/d61fa582-f9cf-4dcc-b4c8-c072faa196e0
  4. If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows don’t install them again??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows don’t install them again??: If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows doses not install them again?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-uninstall-my-drivers-what-happens-if-windows/9ef9598b-1996-4f9c-be71-2be588d1e807
  5. If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows don’t install them again??

If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows don’t install them again??: If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows doses not install them again?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-uninstall-my-drivers-what-happens-if-windows/9ef9598b-1996-4f9c-be71-2be588d1e807
  6. If I uninstall my drivers !what happens if windows don’t install them again??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can I uninstall them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can I uninstall them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mito88 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbw5m8/can_i_uninstall_them/
  8. windows 10 useless and annoying apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 useless and annoying apps: hi It's a big question for me that why Microsoft forces users to deal with lots of useless and annoying apps? Internet explorer is useless Microsoft Edge is useless. Photos is useless People is useless Store is useless Cortana is useless and many other apps that are...
  9. Windows 10 useless apps

Windows 10 useless apps: Hello! Can anyone make me a list of apps and programs that come pre-installed with Windows 10 and always that are useless/just dont make any sense and just slow up your pc? For example I was running Task Manager and found out I was running Skype but couldn't see it anywhere...
  10. How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to prevent unwanted Apps from Re-Installing after I Uninstall them?: As the title says, Whenever I uninstall a specific App, it re-downloads itself a few minutes later without my permission, and I sorely wish to not use said app in favor of the internet browser version, which I cannot set to default because Windows 10 does not allow me to,...