Windows 10: Windows 10 instantly reactivates after hibernate

Discus and support Windows 10 instantly reactivates after hibernate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not entirely sure if it's hibernate or sleep. But it's the only option available in the shutdown menu, so i hope you know what i'm talking about.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fusk, Oct 23, 2015.

1. fusk Win User

Windows 10 instantly reactivates after hibernate

I'm not entirely sure if it's hibernate or sleep. But it's the only option available in the shutdown menu, so i hope you know what i'm talking about.
    It's a desktop. And it does put the machine into sleep, but it instantly turns the machine back on. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this kind of issue. I've found plenty of people having problems not being able to initiate sleep, but my problem is getting it to stay in sleep. Hopefully some of you have some suggestions on how to get started with this kind of issue.

:)

2. Windows 10 restarts when I shutdown

I don't know what happened to sjain963 but none of these actions solved my problem. Windows 10 Home still restarts after shutdown and reactivates after hibernate or sleep.

Version 1709

Build 16299.371

irishdwarf, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Reactivate Windows 10 Acer Laptop after sleep or hibernate

we are having issues reactivating our laptop (ACER windows 10) after it goes to sleep or hibernates. if we put it to sleep after say 10 mins we can reactivate by pressing any button on the keyboard. however, if it sleeps for a longer period (say an hour
    or more) we cannot reactivate. we have to shut down and restart. we have done a system restore and same thing keeps happening. our laptop is still under warranty. can anyone help?

Riverslea Retreat, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Word Man, Oct 23, 2015
  5. fusk Win User
  6. DoItJust Win User
    You can issue the command powercfg /lastwake in an elevated command prompt to see what's waking it up

DoItJust, Oct 24, 2015
  7. fusk Win User
    Says "Wake History Count - 0"

8. Chuck38 Win User

This might work. This isn't from me, I found it here. Windows 10 PC refuses to stay asleep - Microsoft Community

Chuck38, Oct 24, 2015
  9. fusk Win User
    This is the list.

C:\Windows\system32>Powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V
    HID-tastaturenhed
    HID-kompatibel mus
    HID-kompatibel mus (001)

Translated.
    Ethernet, duuh.
    Keyboard
    mouse
    mouse

I'll try disabling them one by one to see if that does anything.

10. Word Man Win User
    Do you have two mus or a mouse and a touchpad?

Word Man, Oct 25, 2015
  11. fusk Win User
    Nope, only one mouse, and there's always only been one. So i'll try disabling the 001 and see if that does anything.
    It's a desktop.
    But now that i saw that, i looked in. I don't remember what it is called in English. Rightclick explorer and click administration. The list where you can see your hardware. And i just removed the 001.
    But when ever i refresh for hardware changes it readds it.

I tried removing the other one but then my mouse stopped working. Another refresh and it was working again.

But the other one i don't know why is there.
    Deactivating it would also be an option.

Will have to test.

12. DoItJust Win User
    Look at the Power Management tab of your network device

DoItJust, Oct 25, 2015
  13. fusk Win User

It appears that did the trick.
    I right-clicked the 001 mouse and deactivated it in the hardware manager. And the machine went to sleep without instantly waking up.
    Note that i did try to remove it, but windows would re-add it when hardware page was refreshed.

I'll mark as solved. Thanks for the help.

14. Chuck38 Win User
    *Thumbs

Chuck38, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 instantly reactivates after hibernate - Similar Threads - instantly reactivates hibernate

2. why is my laptop not instantly reactive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my laptop not instantly reactive?: my laptop is not fast at all i have tried a lot of optimization techniques from many videos and all but they only made my laptop less laggyi just want my laptop to start working smoothly and instantly which it never did it literally became laggy and everything after one month...
  3. why is my laptop not instantly reactive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop not instantly reactive?: my laptop is not fast at all i have tried a lot of optimization techniques from many videos and all but they only made my laptop less laggyi just want my laptop to start working smoothly and instantly which it never did it literally became laggy and everything after one month...
  4. why is my laptop not instantly reactive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after hibernation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after hibernation of Windows 10: Recently, my computer started to get BSOD when I try to wake it up from hibernation. After the restart, I get "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" message. Pressing a key or Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work. I have to...
  6. BSOD after hibernation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after hibernation of Windows 10: Recently, my computer started to get BSOD when I try to wake it up from hibernation. After the restart, I get "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" message. Pressing a key or Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work. I have to...
  7. BSOD after hibernation of Windows 10

8. Hibernate after Suspension Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate after Suspension Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit on a ASUS Vivobook but I am not able to configure it to hibernate after suspension when it is not connected to power. I have configured the power settings to go into suspension after 15 mins and then into hibernation after 60 minutes....
  9. No WiFi after hibernate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi after hibernate in Windows 10: Hello everyone, since some days I have a strange behavior. When start my Notebook after hibernate I don't have WiFi anymore. The device is shown in the network connections: [ATTACH] When I try to connect to a WiFi not a single network appears: [ATTACH] After a...
  10. BSOD After Hibernate (Windows 10)

BSOD After Hibernate (Windows 10): Hello, I get a BSOD when my computer hibernates. Here is the memory dump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g6BDkquIudigPMPiwCJmXgpceeyNENpS/view?usp=sharing Please let me know if you have any other questions. I think this has been happening since I built my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop reactivates after sleep