Windows 10: Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...

Discus and support Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, My IE11 is playing up in that the 'add current tab to favourite' option is greyed out. I've Googled for a solution but without any luck. This... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by taid, Sep 20, 2017.

1. taid Win User

Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...

Hi,

My IE11 is playing up in that the 'add current tab to favourite' option is greyed out. I've Googled for a solution but without any luck. This morning I reset IE but that has not helped. I've been using Edge but according to the Event Viewer it 'stops working' dozens of times a week so I thought I'd give IE11 a try... Not having much luck with browsers at the moment...

Incidentally this W10 came pre-installed on a Dell OptiPlex 5050 and is Build 15063.608
    IE11 is version 11.60815063.0

All current updates are installed.

I'd appreciate any assistance.

:)

2. Want to revert to IE-10

Windows 10 come with Internet Explorer 11 installed and you could not downgrade to Internet Explorer 10.

What problem are you facing with Internet Explorer 11?

What happens when you try to print?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Poseto Win User
    My PC infected with browser hijacker

Hi, Monkey57 and everyone!

I have the solution to stop the problem. I disabled Internet Explorer 11 box, in example: Control Panel : Programs : Turn Windows features on or off : Click to Internet Explorer 11 off : Ok : Windows icon : Power : Restart...

It works, no more redirects to another websites as zerodirect.com, wonderlands.com or similar.

If somebody else has the same problem, disabled or turn off Internet Explorer 11, this is the solution; it works to me.

PD: I made a clean instalation of Windows 10 and I turn off Internet Explorer 11.

Success!

Poseto, Sep 20, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

It's actually 'Add current tabs to favourites...'. How many tabs do you have open? It's meant to be greyed out if you only have the one, in that case use 'Add to favourites' instead.

5. Bree New Member
    The cumulative update of 12th Sept. that took you up to build 15063.608 caused a lot of Edge problems, but restarting a few times seems to sort them out. See this (and subsequent) posts.
    Cumulative Update KB4038788 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.608

6. taid Win User
    Bree - thanks for both your replies.

I was using (well trying to use) 'Add current tabs to favourites' instead of 'add to favourites'...

Classic case of RTFM I think. My apologies. *Redface

Ref Edge, I can't remember whether these critical errors were present before that update. It's strange Edge will behave for a few days then throw dozens of these errors in a matter of a couple of days. Someone did say ignore them but I'd prefer to know what's happening and try and sort it... When I'm using Edge - and unlike some I quite like it, it will appear to work well but when I check in the Event Viewer there are dozens of errors !

Thanks again.

7. Bree New Member
    A few days after releasing that update Microsoft added Edge problems to the list of 'known issues' in the associated KB article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4038788

8. torre Win User

My experience has been if Edge is working properly (speed/display) don't be overly concerned about the Event Viewer(EV). As much as we all desire a clean EV, not sure that is possible.

torre, Sep 21, 2017
  9. taid Win User
    torre -I'm beginning to think you're right...

I've been used to seeing the occasional error in XP and to see literally dozens in W10 scares me - maybe as long as the PC works I should stop looking there !!!

Thanks

10. flhthemi Win User
    I mostly TRY to use IE...since the last update for Windows it freezes a lot. I get the message asking if I want to recover the page quite frequently. I think MS is purposely trying to kill IE to make us all switch to that lame Edge browser.

flhthemi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems... - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer problems

2. INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft,can you explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-in-windows-11/42139590-7cca-4cc3-a4a5-7cbab6981a15
  3. INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft,can you explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-in-windows-11/42139590-7cca-4cc3-a4a5-7cbab6981a15
  4. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  5. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  6. Problems with Internet Explorer 11 and "Favorites"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Internet Explorer 11 and "Favorites": Just received a fairly new computer back from the shop where I had to have the SSHD reimaged with Windows10. The computer seems to have developed and issue with its "Favorites" file: 1) You can not easily arrange the contents of the file. 2) The "Favorites Bar" folder -...
  7. Internet Problem with internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Problem with internet explorer: I'm facing one problem daily when i started my computer. I'm using lan cable for internet i saw the internet icon there is internet access but my internet is not working because of internet explorer setthing automatically proxy on by default. When i save the setting and...
  8. Internet Explorer problem

Internet Explorer problem: So I recently got a surface book 2, Im currently in my hotel trying to set it up but whenever I go on google or any site (even the microsoft store) it says: (this site is not secure, this means that someone is trying to fool you or steal your info). Is this happening because...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10: I want to install Internet Explorer on my laptop with Windows 10. I tried several times but nothing helps. Who knows how I can install it?...
  10. Problems with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Internet Explorer: Well last night put the last nail in the coffin for iexplorer in Windows 10 for me *Sad I was ordering computer parts on Newegg and got 2 items in cart and could not get the 3rd one to display on webpage in iexplorer. It got to the point I could not even open their main...