Windows 10: Windows 10 internet explorer 11 'Suggested Sites'

Discus and support Windows 10 internet explorer 11 'Suggested Sites' in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Recent new windows 10 user with new machine. Am very much familiar with windows 7 but took the plunge with a new machine. Anyway I am using Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Windows 10 internet explorer 11 'Suggested Sites'

Recent new windows 10 user with new machine. Am very much familiar with windows 7 but took the plunge with a new machine.

Anyway I am using Edge browser a lot but I have also pinned Internet Explorer 11. Wanting to make it look as much like my IE11 on my windows 7 laptop I started tinkering with the look. One mild irritation I have noticed is I enabled 'suggested sites' on the 10 machine for IE11 but when I click the suggested sites link in the toolbar it pulls down the box but shows no links. So it's blank. I thought it was maybe MS and server related issue but I tested the same on my windows 7 machine and it works as expected. Should this be working in Windows 10? Prob most people never use it or may not of even noticed. I just kind of like it, use it on the odd occasion. To be honest I was worried about windows 10 and bugs (not being mature OS and all that) but so far been very impressed. Liking it a lot, so far this is the only tiny issue I've really noticed.

Cheers,
    Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 3, 2015

2. Browser with 10

No, it includes Internet Explorer 11.

Will the new Microsoft Edge web browser replace Internet Explorer in Windows 10?

No, Windows 10 will continue to include an updated version of Internet Explorer 11 for compatibility with legacy web sites. Microsoft Edge is based on a new engine, so some older web sites will switch to the older Internet Explorer 11 engine for compatibility
    purposes.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 3, 2015
  3. quail 40 Win User
    Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11

where is it in 10.......

how

to open it first time?

quail 40, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 internet explorer 11 'Suggested Sites'

1. Windows 10 internet explorer 11 'Suggested Sites' - Similar Threads - internet explorer 'Suggested

2. INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft,can you explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-in-windows-11/42139590-7cca-4cc3-a4a5-7cbab6981a15
  3. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  4. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  5. Windows 11-- all internet sites are not secure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11-- all internet sites are not secure: I updated to Windows 11 and suddenly I can not go to any website in any browser --- except youtube. STRANGE.It says - this site is insecure. or this site did not reply with secure FOR ALL SITESCan't find a phone number to get help. Hoping someone can help....
  6. Windows 11-- all internet sites are not secure

Windows 11-- all internet sites are not secure: I updated to Windows 11 and suddenly I can not go to any website in any browser --- except youtube. STRANGE.It says - this site is insecure. or this site did not reply with secure FOR ALL SITESCan't find a phone number to get help. Hoping someone can help....
  7. iNTERNET SITES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iNTERNET SITES: Websites I used to visit regularly show an error code (cant provide secure connection) since the last windows 10 update. How can I remedy this? Judy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-sites/50fae368-66f6-41ea-8f41-e9bc324e0c84
  8. My site looks different on windows 7 Internet Explorer and Windows 10 internet Explorer

My site looks different on windows 7 Internet Explorer and Windows 10 internet Explorer: So I'm a developer and I'm working with a clients site and I have a little problem, the site is looking good on windows 10 all browsers but on windows 7, especially Internet Explorer it looks broken. I know that it's not a Windows problem but could it be? Because it's a...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10: I want to install Internet Explorer on my laptop with Windows 10. I tried several times but nothing helps. Who knows how I can install it?...
  10. Internet explorer frequent sites

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer frequent sites: I noticed that on internet explorer if I right click its pinned icon on the taskbar or in start menu it produces a jump list. This gives pinned sites, tasks and frequent sites. What baffled me is the listed sites under frequent, they never seem to change. I visited for...