Windows 10: Windows 10 Internet Problem - FIXED!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 Internet Problem - FIXED!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been dealing with the vexing issue of limited or no internet on a Windows 10 PC for months. My Windows 10 laptop does not suffer from this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlphaStealthSYS, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Internet Problem - FIXED!!!

I have been dealing with the vexing issue of limited or no internet on a Windows 10 PC for months. My Windows 10 laptop does not suffer from this issue, but my custom desktop PC had the vexing condition of the internet dropping offline 5 to 30 minutes after a startup from power on or reset. I researched all of the noted issues on the forums and tried all of the “fixes”. Nothing worked. I dug a little deeper and it looks like I have fixed the issue – my internet has been up for 12 hours as a result. Not sure exactly what did it but here is the barebones of what I did:

• Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Wireless USB Adapter > Power Management Tab > uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
    • Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers > USB Root Hub > Power Management Tab > uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
      • Note - I had multiple USB Root Hubs (one of which my USB 3.0 Wireless USB Adapter is plugged into) so I did this for all of them.
    • Ensure you have the latest Wireless Adapter driver – mine was OK
      • Note – I also updated the wired adapter driver which was out of date – it did not completely resolve my problem but for some strange reason this resulted in a more stable wireless connection.
      • New Note - I found an issue with my motherboard USB 3.0 controllers - both would shut down (this correctly led me away from the wireless device being an issue). Windows 10 installed a Microsoft driver for the motherboard Etron® EJ168 USB 3.0 controller and hub [Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller (2x); Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Root Hub (2x)]. Apparently the Microsoft driver is not compatible with these Etron devices. I found and installed the latest Etron driver and have had absolutely no problems for 24 hrs. *****It looks like that Microsoft driver was the problem all along*****I wonder how many others are fighting an apparent network USB device / adapter / driver problem when the real problem is the USB controller driver*****
    • Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > View network status and tasks > click on the internet connection (brings up the Wi-Fi Status window) > click on the “Wireless Properties” button and enable the “Connect automatically when the network is in range”.
      • Note – I also enabled the “Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID).
    • Lastly - TCP Optimizer v4.0.3[from SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads] and ran the optimizer with the optimal settings enabled.
    I will let you know if there are any further issues associated with the problem, but after 12 hours, I feel good about this fix….

Chuck S

:)

AlphaStealthSYS, Jan 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Jan 27, 2016
  3. Why can't I access the Internet?

I have tried all of the fixes that Microsoft has announced to fix the windows 10 Internet problem, but I still cannot access the Internet. This sucks.

WindowsSux458, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Internet Problem - FIXED!!!

1. Windows 10 Internet Problem - FIXED!!! - Similar Threads - Internet Problem FIXED

2. How to fix internet problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix internet problem: I’m having issues with my drivers or my pc I reinstalled windows and still having the same problems I checked my pc and it’s good also I network rest and then it doesn’t connect I fully clean the computer and still can you guys help me please?...
  3. How to fix internet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix internet problem: I’m having issues with my drivers or my pc I reinstalled windows and still having the same problems I checked my pc and it’s good also I network rest and then it doesn’t connect I fully clean the computer and still can you guys help me please?...
  4. How to fix internet problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 internet problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 internet problems: Good Evening,I am having trouble with my internet connection, my internet keeps disconnecting whenever I sleep, restart, etc. And whenever it randomly decides to work, it only connects for a day or two before failing. Windows will even say that the internet is connected the...
  6. Window 10 internet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 internet problem: Hi,When i connect my personal hotspot to my PC it says the following: "You might need to sign up with this network's internet service to get access to internet"Please how can I get rid of this and use my hotspot on my Windows 10 PC?For reference I have restarted both phone...
  7. Window 10 internet problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 internet problem: Hi,When i connect my personal hotspot to my PC it says the following: "You might need to sign up with this network's internet service to get access to internet"Please how can I get rid of this and use my hotspot on my Windows 10 PC?For reference I have restarted both phone...
  8. How to fix internet problems?

How to fix internet problems?: I have recently moved my pc into a new room, and i am getting bad internet problems. I use a wifi extender. I tested my ping and every couple of seconds it spiked from 30ms to up to 1800ms. When playing games i keep getting disconnected. I connected to the same wifi on a...
  9. Windows 10 Internet problems

Windows 10 Internet problems: Hi, A few days ago, I did the free upgrade on my Dell XPS 8100 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have noticed that I cannot access the internet with Google Chrome, Apple's Safari, and Internet Explorer 11 except for Microsoft's Edge browser. Also, I downloaded the new...
  10. How to fix secured, no internet problem Windows 10

How to fix secured, no internet problem Windows 10: Hi, Quite often when using my computer I will randomly have a cutout of an internet. Going into network and sharing center the wifi I will be connected to will have secured, no internet written under it. It's become more and more regular but doesn't do it when idle. Does...