Windows 10: Windows 10 Internet problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Internet problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, A few days ago, I did the free upgrade on my Dell XPS 8100 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have noticed that I cannot access the internet with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Consul51, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Consul51 Win User

Windows 10 Internet problems

Hi,

A few days ago, I did the free upgrade on my Dell XPS 8100 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have noticed that I cannot access the internet with Google Chrome, Apple's Safari, and Internet Explorer 11 except for Microsoft's Edge browser. Also, I downloaded the new updated Weatherbug app yesterday, and I cannot get that program to load. I am using Windows Firewall and Microsoft's Defender as a firewall and an anti-virus program. Is there a setting that I need to do in order for any program to use the internet? I was doing fine with Windows 7, but Windows 10 has a lot of issues. I hope Microsoft will release some updates to make that new OS better than it is right now.

David

:)

Consul51, Aug 3, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Consul51 Win User

I decided to go back to Windows 7. I could net get this new OS to work on my computer. Hopefully, Microsoft will continue to fix those bugs in Windows 10 because it's not ready for everyone to use.

David

Consul51, Aug 3, 2015
  5. BRKING Win User
  6. I am having the same issues with my Desktop, Did not have the same issue with my laptop (thank goodness) or else I would have been unable to post this. Hope someone comes up with a resolution quickly. Otherwise Windows 10 has rendered my desktop unusable other than as a rather large brick.

georgezielinski, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Dan Jay Win User
    Initially I was having the same issues, with WIN 10 disconnecting from the network and internet at what seemed random intervals. I determined that there was some incompatibility with the on-board NIC in the Dell 8100. Looking at the device manager I would see that the NIC had been disabled or that no driver was installed. Rebooting generally resolved the issue after I again enabled the NIC. In an effort to deal with the problem I ordered another PCI NIC to replace the on-board NIC, but I couldn't get the new NIC to install. However, somehow since that time I've had no issues with disconnects. WIN 10 is playing nicely with the on-board NIC. I have no idea what may have changed, or whether the chance "fix" is permanent and I would very much appreciate anyone providing me with a better understanding of what's going on here.

Dan Jay, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Dan Jay Win User

The On-board internet controller on the Dell 8100 is not compatible with WIN 10, and there isn't an updated driver. There is, however, a cheap solution. Purchase and install a HiRO H50218 PCIe Ethernet adapter for about $15 at Amazon. Before installing the new NIC first enter the BIOS and disable the on-board controller, a Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet controller. In the BIOS look under Chipset options to disable the on-board NIC. Now install the new NIC in an available PCIe slot and reboot. At the logon screen it will appear that you don't have an internet connection, but once you log on WIN 10 will find and install the proper driver automatically. That's it.

Dan Jay, Aug 16, 2015
  9. Dan Jay Win User
    The On-board internet controller on the Dell 8100 is not compatible with WIN 10, and there isn't an updated driver. There is, however, a cheap solution. Purchase and install a HiRO H50218 PCIe Ethernet adapter for about $15 at Amazon. Before installing the new NIC first enter the BIOS and disable the on-board controller, a Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet controller. In the BIOS look under Chipset options to disable the on-board NIC. Now install the new NIC in an available PCIe slot and reboot. At the logon screen it will appear that you don't have an internet connection, but once you log on WIN 10 will find and install the proper driver automatically. That's it.

Dan Jay, Aug 16, 2015
  10. Dan Jay Win User

Dan Jay, Aug 16, 2015
  11. Consul51 Win User
    I am using a Wifi USB called Edimax that has helped me use the internet. I no longer use the ethernet port anymore. I have successfully installed Windows 10 by doing a Windows 7 clean install, which has helped me to use all programs and to use any browser. I'm not sure why the previous Windows 10 installation did not work when I used the Microsoft's Media Installation Tool. I am glad I got everything to work finally. It did take a long time to do the Windows 7 updates since I had over 230 of them. I also backed up my Windows 7 hard drive before I did the clean installation. I guess that fixed all my problems.

All in all, I am liking Windows 10 with all of the new features that I have use and explore. Thanks for your recommendation.

David

Consul51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Internet problems - Similar Threads - Internet problems

2. Windows 11 Application Internet Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Application Internet Problems: A few months ago I got a new computer and everything except the internet connection seems to work perfectly. It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally when I try to run something whether it is a game or software, the software won't properly connect to the internet. To...
  3. Windows 11 Application Internet Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Application Internet Problems: A few months ago I got a new computer and everything except the internet connection seems to work perfectly. It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally when I try to run something whether it is a game or software, the software won't properly connect to the internet. To...
  4. can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems: remote assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-remote-assistance-to-fix-my-internet/cf9c7ab8-a697-4bcf-a202-ec6f40380b13
  5. can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems

can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems: remote assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-remote-assistance-to-fix-my-internet/cf9c7ab8-a697-4bcf-a202-ec6f40380b13
  6. Troubleshooter says no problems detected with very slow internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooter says no problems detected with very slow internet.: My internet becomes very slow for random periods of time and then goes back to being good and no matter what the trouble shooter doesn't say anything about problems to ways to fix it....
  7. Troubleshooter says no problems detected with very slow internet.

Troubleshooter says no problems detected with very slow internet.: My internet becomes very slow for random periods of time and then goes back to being good and no matter what the trouble shooter doesn't say anything about problems to ways to fix it....
  8. Troubleshooter says no problems detected with very slow internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems: can you please help me my internet wont connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-remote-assistance-to-fix-my-internet/1db38612-337c-48df-8982-f9bf4ce597a5
  10. can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems

can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems: can you please help me my internet wont connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-remote-assistance-to-fix-my-internet/1db38612-337c-48df-8982-f9bf4ce597a5