Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it?

Discus and support Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Just wondering if any forum members have embraced IoT ? Some here will know I'm a Raspberry Pi fanatic. To be honest though I have struggled to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alphanumeric, Jun 8, 2018.

1. alphanumeric Win User

Just wondering if any forum members have embraced IoT ? Some here will know I'm a Raspberry Pi fanatic. To be honest though I have struggled to do anything constructive with Windows 10 IoT. So just wondering if anybody has done anything IoT related? Any platform really, doesn't have to be a Raspberry Pi. Everything I have done is local, nothing sent to the Internet. At some point I can see myself tackling it though. That seems to be what IoT is all about so looking for impute from those that have been there done that.

:)

alphanumeric, Jun 8, 2018
  2. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Jun 8, 2018
  3. andytellier Win User
    issues installing Windows 10 IoT Core.

Original title:Windows 10 IoT Core.

HI.

I'm trying to install Windows 10 IoT Core.

But i'm stuck on the next page:

You’re just a couple steps from getting the latest version of Windows 10 IoT Core!
    Once you've signed up for the Windows Insider program, come back here to download.

We can’t wait to get your input on Windows!

"

I have tryed using another browser etc. it doesn't help.

andytellier, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it? - Similar Threads - IoT anybody here

1. New Windows 10 IoT Core Build 17692 released for Insiders - June 18

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 IoT Core Build 17692 released for Insiders - June 18: We have released a new flight with the build number 17692 for insiders. If you discover any new issue, please report it using the feedback app. New this build: General bug fixes Known issues: F5 driver deployment from Visual Studio does not work on IoT Core. Node.js and...
  2. UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise: Has anybody used the UWF feature for Windows 10 IOT Enterprise? I am new to this concept, what i understand is it writes the data to the RAM in stead of hard disk, just to protect it during a power shut down. Please correct me if i am wrong. I have some doubts here- 1) Why is...
  3. New Windows 10 IoT Core Build 17686 released for Insiders - June 7

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 IoT Core Build 17686 released for Insiders - June 7: We have released a new flight with the build number 17686 for insiders. If you discover any new issue, please report it using the feedback app. New this build: General bug fixes Known issues: F5 driver deployment from Visual Studio does not work on IoT Core. Node.js and...
  4. Computex 2018 - Announcing Windows 10 IoT Core Services

in Windows 10 News
    Computex 2018 - Announcing Windows 10 IoT Core Services: Similar to the embedded devices that came before them, modern IoT devices are often used in places where physical servicing is difficult and expensive. For example, it’s expensive for an oil company to put a technician on a helicopter to service equipment on a platform at...
  5. New Windows IoT Build 17672 released for Insiders - May 21

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows IoT Build 17672 released for Insiders - May 21: We have released a new flight with the build number 17672 for insiders. If you discover any new issue, please report it using the feedback app. New this build: General bug fixes Known issues: F5 driver deployment from Visual Studio does not work on IoT Core. Node.js and...
  6. New Windows IoT Build 17661 released for Insiders - May 7

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows IoT Build 17661 released for Insiders - May 7: We have released a new flight with the build number 17661 for insiders. If you discover any new issue, please report it using the feedback app. Our last flight (17134) made it to the final April 2018 release. The official release notes are at April 2018 Update Release...
  7. Do more at the intelligent edge with Windows 10 IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Do more at the intelligent edge with Windows 10 IoT: Microsoft announces the Windows AI Platform with Windows 10 IoT, Azure Machine Learning, and Azure IoT Edge to accelerate the intelligent edge. In the world of connected things, devices are getting more powerful. Advances in silicon, memory, and cloud technologies including...