Windows 10: Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it?

Discus and support Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just wondering if any forum members have embraced IoT ? Some here will know I'm a Raspberry Pi fanatic. To be honest though I have struggled to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alphanumeric, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it?

Just wondering if any forum members have embraced IoT ? Some here will know I'm a Raspberry Pi fanatic. To be honest though I have struggled to do anything constructive with Windows 10 IoT. So just wondering if anybody has done anything IoT related? Any platform really, doesn't have to be a Raspberry Pi. Everything I have done is local, nothing sent to the Internet. At some point I can see myself tackling it though. That seems to be what IoT is all about so looking for impute from those that have been there done that.

:)

alphanumeric, Jun 8, 2018
  2. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Jun 8, 2018
  3. issues installing Windows 10 IoT Core.

Original title:Windows 10 IoT Core.

HI.

I'm trying to install Windows 10 IoT Core.

But i'm stuck on the next page:

You’re just a couple steps from getting the latest version of Windows 10 IoT Core!
    Once you've signed up for the Windows Insider program, come back here to download.

We can’t wait to get your input on Windows!

"

I have tryed using another browser etc. it doesn't help.

andytellier, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it?

1. Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it? - Similar Threads - IoT anybody here

2. Will Microsoft actually do anything with Black and white, as they own the series?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft actually do anything with Black and white, as they own the series?: Microsoft you acquired the "Black and white" franchise from Lionhead studios, you bought from EA way back in the day and shut down in 2016, ive seen all sorts of posts over the years, people literally begging you to do something with this game, and no one getting a response,...
  3. Will Microsoft actually do anything with Black and white, as they own the series?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Microsoft actually do anything with Black and white, as they own the series?: Microsoft you acquired the "Black and white" franchise from Lionhead studios, you bought from EA way back in the day and shut down in 2016, ive seen all sorts of posts over the years, people literally begging you to do something with this game, and no one getting a response,...
  4. Anybody here know what this is about?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody here know what this is about?: submitted by /u/-Chicken_of_the_cave [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhgg7s/anybody_here_know_what_this_is_about/
  5. Does Autocorrect actually do anything in Windows 10 and how do I make it work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Autocorrect actually do anything in Windows 10 and how do I make it work?: Coming from Mac OS I am curious ()and irritated) about the Win 10 autocorrect function (Win 10 2004). I simply can't get it to work even in the basic apps like MS Word (putting aside more specialized text editors I use). Of course, I want it to work everywhere, in all apps....
  6. Has anybody here tried Aero 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has anybody here tried Aero 10?: I'm asking since I have found this today and I'm thinking of trying it. I have heard so far its not bad at all. Aero10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbeg9qklwL8 151476
  7. Has anybody here tried Aero 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anybody here tried Aero 10?: I'm asking since I have found this today and I'm thinking of trying it. I have heard so far its not bad at all. Aero10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbeg9qklwL8 151476
  8. Anybody here still on 1809?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody here still on 1809?: I'm asking since I'am and haven't updated since I do not have the desire too yet. The 1903 update did get downloaded onto my system but it failed to install since I kept postponing it back in August. Is there gonna be a time when Windows will force 1909 on me? 144884
  9. How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything?: How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything? I have a vpn which came free with a subscription andI'm trying it out, but I don't notice any difference. the vpn is Vyprvpn. 132826
  10. Anybody actually using Windows Pro 10 for Workstations? If so, why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody actually using Windows Pro 10 for Workstations? If so, why?: Is anybody here actually using Pro 10 for Workstations? Did you pay for it? Why are you using it? 117701