Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it?

Discus and support Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just wondering if any forum members have embraced IoT ? Some here will know I'm a Raspberry Pi fanatic. To be honest though I have struggled to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alphanumeric, Jun 8, 2018.

1. alphanumeric Win User

Just wondering if any forum members have embraced IoT ? Some here will know I'm a Raspberry Pi fanatic. To be honest though I have struggled to do anything constructive with Windows 10 IoT. So just wondering if anybody has done anything IoT related? Any platform really, doesn't have to be a Raspberry Pi. Everything I have done is local, nothing sent to the Internet. At some point I can see myself tackling it though. That seems to be what IoT is all about so looking for impute from those that have been there done that.

:)

alphanumeric, Jun 8, 2018
  2. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Jun 8, 2018
  3. andytellier Win User
    issues installing Windows 10 IoT Core.

Original title:Windows 10 IoT Core.

HI.

I'm trying to install Windows 10 IoT Core.

But i'm stuck on the next page:

You’re just a couple steps from getting the latest version of Windows 10 IoT Core!
    Once you've signed up for the Windows Insider program, come back here to download.

We can’t wait to get your input on Windows!

"

I have tryed using another browser etc. it doesn't help.

andytellier, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 IoT, anybody here actually doing anything with it? - Similar Threads - IoT anybody here

2. windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10: I was updating Windows 10 it restarted then did some more then restarted again and now says unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem - turn computer off and throw away....
  3. Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working: After the last Windows update, desktop slideshow is not working. I tried even after a clean installation of Win 10 Pro 64bit. If the time is set to 1 min, then the wallpapers are changing. However, if it is 10 min, then after one change of wallpaper, it is not moving to the...
  4. Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard: Hi, My laptop is displaying the Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon, but when I open the dashboard, I cannot find anything to resolve. I also have Avast installed. Best...
  5. Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!: I installed windows 10 on my pc, I am trying to enable my .net framework and I understand that the way to go about this is through windows features, however my windows features box appears blank, I can't find the checkbox with all the options, I have followed the steps listed...
  6. Windows 10 since 1803 cant ping (most of the time) by ipv6 or rdp?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 since 1803 cant ping (most of the time) by ipv6 or rdp?: I have a problem with my desktop since i ran the update to 1803..If i do a ping machinename (in this case a 2016 server).. it will say cannot find host name.. if i keep hammering it, eventually one ping might go through.Same deal with RDP. My network consists of a netgear...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering: My screen flickers on and off when I am doing random things, it wasn't like this before. How can I fix this issue? I am on windows 10 laptop and also docking station. 116304
  8. Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?: Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access? Is there other software to do this? Is 10-Pro required on both computers, if I have to get 10-Pro?...
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts: I'm trying to install a set of Helvetica Neue fonts, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize the file format? What can I do to install OpenType font files on Windows 10?[IMG]...
  10. I am unable to sign in to windows. .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in to windows. .: I am unable to sign in. This occurred after the Hello option appeared on the sign in screen. Now if you touch any key the computer shuts down....