Windows 10: Windows 10 - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cng.sys/ntoskrnl.exe)

Discus and support Windows 10 - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cng.sys/ntoskrnl.exe) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've been getting frequent BSOD's for the past couple of weeks from IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, caused by either driver cng.sys or ntoskrnl.exe.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cannonball, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Windows 10 - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cng.sys/ntoskrnl.exe)

Hi guys, I've been getting frequent BSOD's for the past couple of weeks from IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, caused by either driver cng.sys or ntoskrnl.exe. Both of these have been giving me issues although I only have the most recent dumps as I ran ccleaner recently which unfortunately deleted my older dump files.

I had these problems immediately when I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 though these issue went when I did a clean install. I selected the option which allowed me to keep my personal files which left my desktop intact but deleted my programs, I'm not sure if this counts as a fresh install but it did fix my issues at the time, this was done around 3 months ago.

The BSOD's have started to resurface probably around 2 weeks ago. I can only imagine that windows has automatically installed something which my machine doesn't agree with (I have since switched this feature off but too little too late I think). I'm assuming this is the case as I have minimal programs installed since my fresh install, I just use this setup for work and browsing and no hardware has been installed for a long time. I have driver booster 3 installed and have updated all my drivers through this, I'm not sure how realiable this program is but it has not solved anything.

The BSOD's occur with nothing intensive running, my typical usage is: some tabs open on chrome then running in the background is my anti-virus (Avira), google drive and drop box, that's pretty much all I have used in the past few weeks and I've been getting random BSOD's non stop.

I would really appreciate it if one of you guys can look through my dump files and figure out what's wrong. Although it wouldn't be a huge issue to format and start again, I would rather fix it, as otherwise the same problems could just resurface another few months down the line.

Thanks!

:)

cannonball, Mar 4, 2016

2. Getting crash dump after upgrading to windows 10

Receiving the following message and computer reboots:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120116-7375-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x142970)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x4998DBA164, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80150B0DF24)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

markrice_971, Mar 4, 2016
  3. I've updated to Windows 10 recently and I keep getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD's. I can't find any hardware that's in conflict

<Original title: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe+14d2e9>

I've updated to Windows 10 recently and I keep getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD's. I can't find any hardware that's in conflict and I'm not sure what's causing the issue.

Here's the dump I was able to find using BlueScreenView.

==================================================

Dump File : 013016-25718-01.dmp

Crash Time : 30/01/2016 4:33:07 AM

Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a

Parameter 1 : ffffe041`45c49988

Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002

Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 4 : fffff803`512cf0e2

Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+142770

File Description : NT Kernel & System

Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Company : Microsoft Corporation

File Version : 10.0.10586.63 (th2_release.160104-1513)

Processor : x64

Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+142770

Stack Address 1 :

Stack Address 2 :

Stack Address 3 :

Computer Name :

Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\013016-25718-01.dmp

Processors Count : 4

Major Version : 15

Minor Version : 10586

Dump File Size : 304,465

Dump File Time : 30/01/2016 4:34:28 AM

==================================================

thedynamicentry, Mar 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Windows 10 - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cng.sys/ntoskrnl.exe)

Windows 10 - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cng.sys/ntoskrnl.exe) [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    You could try a restore point to revert the changes.

Please remove all illegal programs from your system, they are against the forum rules and could make troubleshooting difficult.
    Forum rules

axe0, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cng.sys/ntoskrnl.exe)

1. Windows 10 - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (cng.sys/ntoskrnl.exe) - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL cng sys

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys Windows 10: AMD FXfm 6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHzRAM 16 GbM5A78L-M LX3 Windows 10 Pro 64xBIOS American Megatrends Inc. 1201, 19.04.2013 - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys Windows 10: AMD FXfm 6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHzRAM 16 GbM5A78L-M LX3 Windows 10 Pro 64xBIOS American Megatrends Inc. 1201, 19.04.2013 - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  4. Bluescreen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - WDF01000.SYS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - WDF01000.SYS: Hey I keep having blue screens with broadcasting software such as OBS and Streamlabs OBS. Whenever I stop streaming or close the program not every time, but often enough to be a real issue All my drivers are up to date, windows is up to date as is GFX drivers. I have...
  5. BSOD "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" caused by L1C63x64.sys Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" caused by L1C63x64.sys Windows 10: I am getting BSOD at iregular intervals with the same error code "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" caused by L1C63x64.sys, which is a driver for "Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS 6.30". this seems to be a recurring theme with this driver but i...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello all :) Since several weeks, i get regularly BSOD after 2-3h of use, involving wdf01000.sys (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I tried to find the cause of the problem, but without any success until now. Here you have a link to two dumpfiles :...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10x64.sys)

irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10x64.sys): Hello! First time poster - been getting random BSODs with my Alienware r15 laptop for the past few days with the error message in the thread title. Please take a look at the dump file and see if you can figure it out cause I'm stumped. Thanks! 46473
  10. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys)

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys): Started having Random BSOD like an hour ago after trying to remote connect on my other PC from this one. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) I have no idea what to do. i attached the ZIP file i got from the program from the BSOD Posting Instruction. 36598

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irql_not_less_or_equal cng.sys

2. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal cng.sys

3. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal cng.sys win10