Windows 10: Windows 10 is a good upgrade however it still cannot decide what it is

Discus and support Windows 10 is a good upgrade however it still cannot decide what it is in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope many of you have noticed still how inconsistent the UI is within Windows 10. Menu buttons are different in nearly every screen. Settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SgtSilock, Jul 28, 2015.

1. SgtSilock Win User

Windows 10 is a good upgrade however it still cannot decide what it is

I hope many of you have noticed still how inconsistent the UI is within Windows 10. Menu buttons are different in nearly every screen. Settings and Control Panel are using completely different UI, and 'all apps' in the start menu is still not very helpful and most of us will either just use file explorer and/or search.

I guess I just was hoping windows 10 to have a more consistent UI, but I suppose catering for both tablet AND PC using one single OS is a very tough challenge.

:)

SgtSilock, Jul 28, 2015

2. Is it a good idea to upgrade to Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 8600?

I thought so. So should I upgrade my CPU to an SL7V3 (2.1 GHz, 2M Cache), or should I upgrade the entire laptop to a Latitude D510 and start building from there?

Gabriel Miceli, Jul 28, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Is it a good idea to upgrade to Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 8600?

That's a very old laptop in computer years; the 8600 was introduced in 2003, six years before Windows 7 became available. Given the small amount of RAM, the very small hard drive and a CPU that might be barely adequate, I would leave well enough alone.
    Trying to upgrade it to 10 isn't likely to have a happy ending.

JimWynne, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 is a good upgrade however it still cannot decide what it is

1. Windows 10 is a good upgrade however it still cannot decide what it is - Similar Threads - upgrade however still

2. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?: what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?According to what i have found, MY PC should be able to accommodate the upgrade as it has a 1.8 GHz Processor, 6GB of Ram, 64 Bit processor and 700 GB HD....
  3. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?: what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?According to what i have found, MY PC should be able to accommodate the upgrade as it has a 1.8 GHz Processor, 6GB of Ram, 64 Bit processor and 700 GB HD....
  4. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did the devs decide this was a good idea?: When I get notifications, windows alerts me, and dampens my sound, including calls and anything else I'm currently listening to, as if these alerts are literally the most important thing going on at any given time. I mean, the thinking behind this is silly. I understand a...
  6. What decides a volume number

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What decides a volume number: Running Windows 10 20H2 on two PCs. I am puzzled by the definitions displayed by diskpart list volume. I attach the two displayed contents of 'list volume'. [img] [img] It is mainly the first of these that I am puzzled by. Both machines are, as far as I can tell, cabled...
  7. Is Secure boot still good?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Secure boot still good?: I needed to repair my 2004 Win 10 because for some reason, the WinRE got fruitcake. Secure boot stopped working unless I had BIOS on "Other OS". So I turned off Secure boot and Saved the Bootkeys in BIOS like a good little hacker boy. I downloaded the Win 10 ISO (August 16),...
  8. Whats a Good Seedbox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whats a Good Seedbox?: Hi guys, Looks like seedboxes are more secure than vpns. Which seedboxes are good but cheap? I also read that you can "root" a seedbox. What exactly does that mean? . 145164
  9. What is a good cpu with a good onboard gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is a good cpu with a good onboard gpu?: I don't need a separate graphics card, a long time ago I stopped playing multi-player online video games where the user that has the most expensive hardware, the fastest internet and the best cheating software always wins. If I want to make myself feel bad, I will play...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade good so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade good so far: Well I decided to post how my Windows 10 upgrade went because I felt like I was among the group that was left out from getting anywhere with the upgrade lol. First of all I was like many here who had Windows 10 reserved on this PC but never received the $Windows~BT folder or...