Windows 10: Windows 10 is a tad slow...

Discus and support Windows 10 is a tad slow... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I think this is a bit of a vague issue to troubleshoot what bothers me is that installers are taking a long while to install and move/copy operations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jon80, Apr 4, 2016.

1. jon80 Win User

Windows 10 is a tad slow...

I think this is a bit of a vague issue to troubleshoot what bothers me is that installers are taking a long while to install and move/copy operations appear to be unusually long with files that are 1Kb in size and apart from basic defragmentation and use of Windows and uninstalling unnecessary programs, I am not sure how to clean the hive without having to uninstall, also considering that the laptop was shipped without the CD, somehow.

The idea of using software to fine-tune software might give me a false sense of security sometimes, what do you think?

Further reading
    1. Registry Hives (Windows)
    2. Uniblue pc performance utilities for Windows - Uniblue - System Utilities to Improve PC Performance and Stability
    3. Regcleaner - RegCleaner - Download

:)

jon80, Apr 4, 2016
  2. kingsimz Win User

e52 - phone freezes all the time in between

ah i bought it from that link :S

and yeah with the 16bg its a tad bit slow...

kingsimz, Apr 4, 2016
  3. N95 update on Orange?

Hi Edward, OK, thanks. It does seem Orange might be being a tad slow here, then.... Windows 10 is a tad slow... :(

sc00by---01, Apr 4, 2016
  4. Windows 10 is a tad slow...

Since you mentioned a defragger, I am guessing you are using a spinner HDD? I've loaded Windows 10 on about 40 machines so far, most of which have SSDs. There is definitely a difference that's more pronounced in Windows 10 when comparing a system with an HDD to an SSD.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2016
  5. OldMX Win User
    Yeah, even on a ssd i find small size file operations a bit slow, perhaps, try excluding explorer.exe from windows defender and see if you get better performance? Other thing to try is to use command prompt robocopy to perform those operations?

OldMX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is a tad slow...

1. Windows 10 is a tad slow... - Similar Threads - tad slow

2. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  3. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  4. error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067: can someone help me i have error tag 7q6ca and Error code 1067 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-tad-7q6ca-error-code-1067/e4ec72d8-eec6-4a02-aa0a-4efba9934dc3
  5. error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067: can someone help me i have error tag 7q6ca and Error code 1067 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-tad-7q6ca-error-code-1067/e4ec72d8-eec6-4a02-aa0a-4efba9934dc3
  6. error tad 7q6ca Error code 1067

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. OneDrive syncing is blocking browser cannot open tads ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive syncing is blocking browser cannot open tads ??: Hello, I have an issue when OneDrive is updating I cannot open a new tab / access a new URL. I have recently been recording short 5 to 8 minute tutorials for a user group I am in. I save them as mp4 files on my machine. They are a complete video file with audio and with the a...
  8. Latest Windows Updates have me a tad confused

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Updates have me a tad confused: Did KB4565503 replace KB4556799 I hid KB4556799, the May Feature Update since it had obvious issues. Now I am being offered the KB4565503 cumulative update and the hidden feature update no longer appears under hidden. Does this cumulative replace the feature update from...
  9. New Edge performance a tad slower in testing after Windows Reinstall

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge performance a tad slower in testing after Windows Reinstall: I don't know what happened and this isn't really a big deal or anything, but the test results from Speedometer 2.0 went from a 144.9 to 138 after COMPLETELY reinstalling Windows (from corruption). I am using a slightly newer version of Windows, it might be the May 2020 Update...
  10. A tad confused now

in Windows 10 Support
    A tad confused now: I have just been reading Brinks new post re the upcoming update Windows 10 Fall Creators Update phased rollout approach - Windows 10 Forums and to be honest I am tad confused as to what is actually happening in Windows 10 insomuch as there are creators, insiders, different...