Windows 10: Windows 10 is denying me access to my Pictures folder

Discus and support Windows 10 is denying me access to my Pictures folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago. I have a folder with many sub folders for my pictures. Every time I try to open one of the folders it tells... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bmullenix, May 24, 2016.

1. bmullenix Win User

Windows 10 is denying me access to my Pictures folder

I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago. I have a folder with many sub folders for my pictures. Every time I try to open one of the folders it tells me that access is denied and to click Continue to gain access. I click continue and it comes back and tells me that that I have been denied access and to click on the security tab to give myself permission. I have done that on two of the folders and the boxes of the pictures comes up but the actual picture does not show in the box. When I click on the picture to open, it opens up Paint Shop Pro, which is the program they were edited in, it says Unable to open the file. This is ridiculous. I do not have the time to go through each folder (213 of them) and then still not be able to open the pictures. Is there anyway to give myself permission to open my pictures successfully? When I go to permissions it shows that I have full access to every file on my computer but I still can't open these files. Any help would be appreciated. I have just about had it with Windows 10.

Barb

:)

bmullenix, May 24, 2016
  2. Patti Fox Win User

Picture folder missing after window 10 upgrade

I too am having difficulty locating my pictures after the windows 10 upgrade...I found the folder "My Pictures" in

windows.old but denied access to the folder.

Patti Fox, May 24, 2016
  3. WillShaw Win User
    Access denied on My Pictures after installing windows 10

After installing windows 10 the operating system is denying me access to My Pictures and My Music the error message is Access is denied. Is there a way to stop this?

WillShaw, May 24, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Sounds like your security profile got messed up.

bro67, May 25, 2016
  5. bmullenix Win User
    Any idea how to fix it?

bmullenix, May 25, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Yes. It involves using Farbar's GrantPerms and following the information on Majorgeeks.com Forums in the Malware forum on the post titled "Read me first" to do a malware scan.

bro67, May 25, 2016
  7. bmullenix Win User
    So you think it's Malware? I'll try downloading and running this and see if it helps. Thanks and I'll let you know how I come out.

bmullenix, May 25, 2016
  8. Rocky Win User

What software do you use to view your pictures? What is your default picture viewer set to?

Rocky, May 25, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    If folder permissions were changed without you doing anything. First thing to do is run a malware scan to make sure that it is not infected.

bro67, May 25, 2016
  10. bmullenix Win User
    I have used Paint Shop Pro for years and all of these pictures were edited with this software. It is my default picture viewer. I was running it on Windows 10 Preview and am now running it on both of my Windows 10 laptops.

bmullenix, May 26, 2016
  11. bmullenix Win User
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I tried a little program called "Take Ownership" suggested to me by someone on the Windows 10 Forums and it solved all my problems. Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate it.

bmullenix, May 26, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    PSP usually does not change ownership. Also keep a copy of Farbar's Tools. They come in handy at times. Majorgeeks.com also has SD card recovery software in case you run into a issue.

bro67, May 27, 2016
  13. bmullenix Win User

Thanks. I love Major Geeks. I've used them before.

bmullenix, May 27, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    Always my go to. My brother wrote a lot of the tutorials for the Malware forum. He has some tools over at malwareteks.com.

bro67, May 27, 2016
  15. bmullenix Win User
    Thanks, I'll save all this info.

bmullenix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is denying me access to my Pictures folder - Similar Threads - denying access Pictures

2. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  3. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  4. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  5. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: I have a folder under Users/<Me>/Pictures that I need to rename but am unable to. I get the following error: [ATTACH] NOTE: I am this user and also "own" the folder: [ATTACH] How do I resolve this? Any ideas?...
  6. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  7. Why does Windows deny me access to my own folders?

Why does Windows deny me access to my own folders?: I'm trying to get here ON MY OWN PC to install a back-ground Excel-file running automatically in the background as I've done for years: C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART However, file explorer won't allow me as soon as click on 'Application Data':...
  8. folder access denied

folder access denied: Quand j'essaie d'ouvrir certains dossiers il m'est impossible d’accéder car je reçois le message "Vous ne disposez pas des autorisations requises pour accéder a ce dossier"...
  9. Folder Access Denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Folder Access Denied: I recently tried to change my Username from the default first five letters of my email address by following one of Shawn Brinks tutorials. After three or four failed attempts I gave up and am stuck with the default which is C:\ User\grtat. I will probably return to that in...
  10. My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied: Wanted to do a restore but there only 4 restore points going back to april 1st. also it was telling me that I could lose my password and some recently installed apps would be affected. Do you know of anyway to gain access without a restore. I'm the administrator on the...