Windows 10: Windows 10 is glacial in performance

Discus and support Windows 10 is glacial in performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is really running slowly at the moment. I sorted it out when it happened the other day when it first happened by doing a windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaedalusBD, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 is glacial in performance

My laptop is really running slowly at the moment. I sorted it out when it happened the other day when it first happened by doing a windows 10 update trouble shoot, but this time it didn't make any difference when I did it again. All programs run slow and performance manager shows that there is no real CPU or memory usage. The CPU is an i7 4810MQ, there is 16GB of memory and the operating system is on a Samsung SSD 860 EVO mSATA 250GB so there is plenty of capacity there. Its been a problem since a recent update. I have tried alsorts to try to get it to work but nothing seems to work. Has anyone any ideas? Its really frustrating as before this happened the laptop really flew.

Thanks in advance.

:)

DaedalusBD, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 is glacial in performance

Delta6326, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is glacial in performance

1. Windows 10 is glacial in performance - Similar Threads - glacial performance

2. Steps to delete temple files to improve performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steps to delete temple files to improve performance: Steps to delete temple files to improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steps-to-delete-temple-files-to-improve/ed4d4592-2f87-4d98-8725-cc1c8feb0206
  3. Steps to delete temple files to improve performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps to delete temple files to improve performance: Steps to delete temple files to improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steps-to-delete-temple-files-to-improve/ed4d4592-2f87-4d98-8725-cc1c8feb0206
  4. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data: Hello guys,few days ago i arrived to my work as usuall and started PC. Everything went fine until Windows loaded my desktop. There were 80 % of icons missing. All of the programs i assume were able to start but after finding them on hard drives or Start menu, only few had...
  5. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data: Hello guys,few days ago i arrived to my work as usuall and started PC. Everything went fine until Windows loaded my desktop. There were 80 % of icons missing. All of the programs i assume were able to start but after finding them on hard drives or Start menu, only few had...
  6. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. MSI laptop sudden performance drops, already ran all the obvious checks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop sudden performance drops, already ran all the obvious checks: I have an MSI sword 15 from 2022, I recently just started having major lag spikes and performance drops when running games. I was low on storage so I just got a new 2TB SSD and the issue persists. I’ve already ran all the usual things to check, both hardware cleaning and...
  8. MSI laptop sudden performance drops, already ran all the obvious checks

MSI laptop sudden performance drops, already ran all the obvious checks: I have an MSI sword 15 from 2022, I recently just started having major lag spikes and performance drops when running games. I was low on storage so I just got a new 2TB SSD and the issue persists. I’ve already ran all the usual things to check, both hardware cleaning and...
  9. Windows 10 *glacially* slow... System Interrupts at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 *glacially* slow... System Interrupts at 100%: Greetings All - This is my first time posting so I'll ask for your forgiveness in advance for an social faux-pas. I have two identical machines that I put together for two of my children - the whole remote learning thing. They are both running x64 Windows 10 Pro. I have...
  10. Two system restores, and boot/login has become glacially slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Two system restores, and boot/login has become glacially slow: I had posted https://www.tenforums.com/performanc...m-restore.html last week - no responses yet - about a sort-of-took-care-of-itself situation. Although I wouldn't mind hearing about getting the start button/menu to work again, or why we had what I have since discovered was...