Windows 10: Windows 10 Is It BIOS Problem ?!

Discus and support Windows 10 Is It BIOS Problem ?! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] it says my CPU doesn't support VT-x [img] and here it says my CPU isn't compatible with windows 10 [img] while here at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by firetiger97, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Is It BIOS Problem ?!

Windows 10 Is It BIOS Problem ?! [​IMG]

it says my CPU doesn't support VT-x

and here it says my CPU isn't compatible with windows 10

while here at intel site it is mentioned as my CPU support VT-x , how ?!!!!
    i can't upgrade for windows 10 for that reason any tips or suggest for it plzzzz ?!!!!

:)

firetiger97, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows BIOS problem. When I shutdown it, it goes in a sleep like mode

I have updated my laptop to windows 10, but when I shutdown it, it goes in a sleep like mode, e.g. it continues to charging my cell phone, but laptop neither start again nor shutdown properly until I remove the battery and start it again. What is the solution?

Original title: Windows BIOS problem.

FakharAsif, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows BIOS problem. When I shutdown it, it goes in a sleep like mode

Hi Fakhar,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

As per you query, I suggest you to Run power troubleshooter
    and check.

a. Press Windows +R key on the keyboard.

b. Type troubleshooting in the pop-up box and press
    Enter.

c. Click System and Security on left panel.

d. Click Power, new window will popup.

e. Follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue persists, you may place the computer in a clean boot state and check if there are any software conflicts.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 (Applies to Windows 10)

Note: To reset the computer to normal mode after troubleshooting, please refer to “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”
    from the above article.

If the issue persists, you may reset and restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

1. Click “Windows Key + X, and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and hit Enter.

3. Exit command prompt.

Reference: Power plans: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/power-plans-faq

(Applies to windows 10)

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10 Is It BIOS Problem ?!

I've seen that on a couple other computers and Win7, turned out the feature was not enabled in the BIOS, might look into that.

Berton, Jul 30, 2015
  5. I googled the problem & found the same u said too but is there any thing to deal with that problem ?!!!

6. Skalli Win User
    Skalli, Jul 30, 2015
  7. I think it is not supported by my BIOS so i need to get another motherboard or is there any idea ?!

8. Carsomyr Win User

Carsomyr, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Got that errors from the downloaded files !!

firetiger97, Jul 31, 2015
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    That's weird. I am pretty sure I have VT-x disabled in my bios for my Core i7. And I have installed W10 home x86 today in a Pentium 4 (Prescott) computer (circa 2005).

eLPuSHeR, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Berton Win User
    Are you trying to flash the BIOS with that file? Could be it can't be run from within Windows, have to put it on a floppy disk [if you have a floppy drive] or may a bootable USB Thumb/Flash drive.

Berton, Jul 31, 2015
  12. It helped yeah and my CPU now support VT-x

But the Get windows 10 app still saying my CPU isn't compatible why ?!!!

firetiger97, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Carsomyr Win User

Now that your bios supports it, you may have to physically go in and turn it on (A lot of machines have it off by default). Each BIOS is a little different so I'm not sure where the setting would be in yours but it is in there somewhere.

Carsomyr, Jul 31, 2015
  14. it is already enabled & still getting the same error
    sorry for posting here again but i was just replying him.. i will complete at the other post

firetiger97, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Is It BIOS Problem ?! - Similar Threads - BIOS Problem

2. I think i wahve a problem with my bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i wahve a problem with my bios: Hello. I have a lenovo ideapad laptop that i have owned for around 2 years. In the past i have formated my laptop several times successfully. But the last time i did it i had some problems. Firstly i couldn't reach the bios through the keyboard or the boot button on the side....
  3. I think i wahve a problem with my bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i wahve a problem with my bios: Hello. I have a lenovo ideapad laptop that i have owned for around 2 years. In the past i have formated my laptop several times successfully. But the last time i did it i had some problems. Firstly i couldn't reach the bios through the keyboard or the boot button on the side....
  4. I think i wahve a problem with my bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. American Megantrends BIOS TPM 2.0 Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    American Megantrends BIOS TPM 2.0 Problems: So I have TPM 2.0 on my laptops, but when I boot to bios, I don't see an option to enable it. How can I fix it?I appreciate any support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/american-megantrends-bios-tpm-20-problems/0317c035-a8b1-4284-b693-cb0a408e3445
  6. American Megantrends BIOS TPM 2.0 Problems

American Megantrends BIOS TPM 2.0 Problems: So I have TPM 2.0 on my laptops, but when I boot to bios, I don't see an option to enable it. How can I fix it?I appreciate any support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/american-megantrends-bios-tpm-20-problems/0317c035-a8b1-4284-b693-cb0a408e3445
  7. BIOS Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS Problem: My cpu will not enter the BIOS on Win11. I have tried going into settings>recovery mode> restarting. Not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-problem/1cd017ca-5915-4887-9d09-d6a5056c31d8
  8. BIOS Problem

BIOS Problem: My cpu will not enter the BIOS on Win11. I have tried going into settings>recovery mode> restarting. Not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-problem/1cd017ca-5915-4887-9d09-d6a5056c31d8
  9. How to get out of Bios Hardware problem with the drivers i think?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get out of Bios Hardware problem with the drivers i think?: Stuck in Asus Bios after getting a BSoD! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-out-of-bios-hardware-problem-with-the/a5cdcb1f-5e01-4cbc-b48e-58ac606e0b1a
  10. How to get out of Bios Hardware problem with the drivers i think?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get out of Bios Hardware problem with the drivers i think?: Stuck in Asus Bios after getting a BSoD! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-out-of-bios-hardware-problem-with-the/a5cdcb1f-5e01-4cbc-b48e-58ac606e0b1a