Windows 10: Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor after login randomly, this happened after I just performed an update. I use an SSD for my OS files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HW73, Jan 11, 2017.

1. HW73 Win User

Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor

Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor after login randomly, this happened after I just performed an update. I use an SSD for my OS files, 1TB hdd for docs and another for backups. This was happening 4 weeks ago, except my docs harddrive was making a clicking noise and wouldn’t load any files so I assume it was corrupt. I replaced it with a new 1TB harddrive which seemed to work fine. I assume the issue is something to do with another component of the pc, I can’t tell which since all the temps are fine.

Has anyone had a similar problem or know of what could be the cause to this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Windows 10

CPU:
    AMD FX-6350 Black Edition CPU (AM3+, Hex Core, 3.90GHz, 14MB, 125W, Advanced Bit Manipulation)

Motherboard:
    Asus M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard (AMD 970/SB950, 4x DDR3, S-ATA 600, ATX, PCI-Express 2.0, USB 3.0

Memory:
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866 Mhz CL9 XMP

Graphics Card(s):
    Gigabyte AMD R9 280 Graphics Card (3GB, 384 Bit)

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

windows 10 black screen and cursor with loading icon

Please check the link you provided - it is not formatted correctly . . .

DaveM121, Jan 11, 2017
  3. windows 10 black screen and cursor with loading icon

Please help me

First my win say at startup this take a bit longer than we expected after that i get massage lets start an now this happen on my laptop please check this link i dont know how to said that in text

agusandhika, Jan 11, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Clicking noise with the hard drive means that it was dying. Most likely the drive went "tit's up". Try a Linux Live DVD or USB and see if you can get in and check the S.M.A.R.T. info of the drive. In order to clone that drive and the installed OS, you would need to do a Sector by Sector clone, hoping that the drive does not die before it is done. I have taken out the old drive and placed it in a adapter cable to let it stay cool and put a SSD in for the new drive. You can try an ice pack on the old drive while trying to recover info. The freezing or cooling method keeps it to where it does not overheat the bearings and cause it to shut down.

Just remember when you trash the old drive, you have to trash the circuit board also, since it holds the last 1 gig of data. I usually just take a five pound mini-sledge to beat them with if I do not need the magnets for something.

bro67, Jan 11, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    Black screen with cursor (Arrow) usually means failing GPU driver.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - loading black screen

2. Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10: When i turn on the computer and Login. After Startup i have a Black Screen with CursorI Restarted and when is restarted and i logged in it Was a black screen of cursorSo i restarted to safe mode and open Task Manager, Settings And File ExplorerAnd i restarted the computer and...
  3. Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: I recently bought a hp 6000 mini tower, and after plugging it in and getting it to boot up, I was met with a black screen and only the cursor. I tried using the turn off and on again 3 time to get into the menu, which was successful, but when I tried to put it into safe mode,...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor: When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot device manager, safe mode, reset the pcOmen doesn’t let it complete, and tried hard resetting. Any help would be much...
  5. Black screen with loading cursor frozen

Black screen with loading cursor frozen: Hi I was trying to make a game on roblox studio but all suddenly I got a Microsoft alert and it turned into a black screen with a blue loading cursor I tried my best to turn it off and looked up a bunch of ways on YouTube but still nothing is working it ended up turning off...
  6. Desktop loads to a black screen with just the cursor

Desktop loads to a black screen with just the cursor: Hello, So about a week ago I lost power while I was on my computer. We were able to load it up after the power went out and use it again. We shut down the computer and tried to load it up the next day and we get nothing but a black screen with just a cursor on the screen. I...
  7. Black Screen with loading cursor

Black Screen with loading cursor: Hi I have a windows desktop and I tried to dual boot Kali Linux along side Windows 10 using a bootable usb. I first made the bootable by burning an iso file to the usb, I then partitioned Drive C: so that I could make room for the new OS. I then changed the boot order so that...
  8. Black screen with loading cursor

Black screen with loading cursor: I recently built my first pc, everything was running fine and working well but 3 days ago my hard drive gave me a problem where I had to reset everything. After that everything worked fune again until today, I turned on my pc and before logging in there is just a black screen...
  9. Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor

Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor: Hi! I have a problem with my computer when I boot it I get a black screen with only my cursor displaying. I can tried everything, and came to a solution. I have to go to my monitor settings and set it to DP instead of the HDMI. I think the problem is my computer is...
  10. BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10: DEAR TEAM, WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET ....ETC .....TASK MANAGER ALSO NOT OPEN, SECOND MONITOR ALSO NOT WORK..... I HAVE CHECK ALL BUT WINDOWS IS VERY BAD. SHAME ON...