Windows 10: Windows 10 is making folders disappear?

Discus and support Windows 10 is making folders disappear? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently run into a problem with my new installation of Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro. It has been making folders that I create in the Downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Areisius, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Areisius Win User

Windows 10 is making folders disappear?

I have recently run into a problem with my new installation of Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro. It has been making folders that I create in the Downloads directory disappear. couple of days ago I was trying to make some new folders in the Downloads directory and every time I would try and make some Windows would immediately make them disappear so I restarted my computer and it didn't do that again but today I made a folder and put a lot of files in it and a little bit later that day I go and check the Downloads directory and the folder is gone? I have tried numerous recovery programs and have even tried to search for the files in explorer which turns up nothing I have only seen the folders that are missing in Quick access and when I click on them they say "Location is not available."

I really need your guys help!

:)

Areisius, Jul 14, 2017

2. something is making folders for all my pictures

Hi Racheal,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you perform a clean boot on your device to eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10 . You can check and review our article about this topic from our support site on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 14, 2017
  3. Racheal1 Win User
    something is making folders for all my pictures

This has been going on for years, but I recently took up photography so it is starting to give me the sheets.

About 2011 my "Pictures" folder started making file folders for every single file put in that folder - be it a picture, PDF, spreadsheet etc. The folder name is filename.filetype.files (eg. LondonBridge.jpg.files).

I had Windows 7 at the time.

I have now upgraded (?) to Windows 10. Still happening.

I've tried deleting the folders but they always seem to reappear. It only happens in this folder. Grrrr....

I'm sure it is something simple, but for the life of me I cannot find how to fix it. Jim, are you there?

Windows 10 is making folders disappear? [​IMG]

Racheal1, Jul 14, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

There is an app called Everything:
    voidtools

Click on the Download Portable Zip button on that site. Extract it and all. And try to search for a name of one of those files that has disappeared from the deleted folder. Does it show it at all?

pepanee, Jul 14, 2017
  5. Areisius Win User
    Ok, I used it and it only found the files in Appdata/Roaming/vlc/art/artistalbum/The name of the folder and the only thing in the folder is art file.

Areisius, Jul 14, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    Hmm.. Okay. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for the Original Poster of this question?

pepanee, Jul 16, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    Do you have storage sense enabled and set to delete things from Downloads? That should only delete things older than 30 days though so is most likely not the issue. See Automatically Delete Files From Downloads Folder In Windows 10

Perhaps it isn't really saving in downloads. Try right click on downloads both under Quick Access and This PC and select Properties.

On the location tab, unless you changed it, it should say C:\Users\<your name>\Downloads. Check both do and that that directory exists...

Windows 10 is making folders disappear? [​IMG]

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is making folders disappear? - Similar Threads - making folders disappear

2. Disappearing folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing folders: I have just noticed that all my folders from the D Drive have disappeared - Windows 10. I've done a search on the D and C drives to no avail. I've looked at the Hidden Folders tick option but this hasn't made any difference. Can anyone help, please. I need any responses to be...
  3. Disappearing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing folders: I have just noticed that all my folders from the D Drive have disappeared - Windows 10. I've done a search on the D and C drives to no avail. I've looked at the Hidden Folders tick option but this hasn't made any difference. Can anyone help, please. I need any responses to be...
  4. Disappearing folders Windows 10

Disappearing folders Windows 10: My work folders have disappeared on windows 10 on my Toshiba Laptop. I have looked in all my other files to see if I accidentally misplaced them there is actually one huge folder that is missing. I looked in the trash. Also, most of my Icons on the desktop have disappeared,...
  5. Disappearing Folder

Disappearing Folder: Has anyone double clicked on a folder and have the folder and its contents disappear from the computer - did not go to recycle bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-folder/1886209e-a577-4cfc-8831-540e43bb93ae"
  6. Windows 10: user folder disappeared then desktop disappeared??

Windows 10: user folder disappeared then desktop disappeared??: First C:\user\proba000\ disappeared and while looking for it, my desktop icons disappeared. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-folder-disappeared-then-desktop/411e6144-564e-4f51-9d94-ae2c67818809"
  7. Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10

Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10: I installed SSD in my Laptop as 2nd drive. On the 1st HDD drive I already have Win 7 running. I installed Win 10 on SSD. I was booting either from HDD/SDD by changing the boot priority in BIOS. Later i wanted to install Lotus notes 9 on my Win 10 SSD & to have the same...
  8. Folder disappeared

Folder disappeared: A folder I was working on suddenly disappeared. Please help how I would prevent this from happening, and how I recover it. Before it's asked, as I have seen many Microsoft personnel ask in response to this exact question, the file is not hidden. It has disappeared. I cannot...
  9. User Folder DISAPPEARED Windows 10

User Folder DISAPPEARED Windows 10: It happened when I was adding a new folder to quick access. My user folder was also there. To clarify, I'm talking about the one with my username. My user folder disappeared not only from quick access and can't be re-added, but it also disappeared from the users folder. Now,...
  10. Windows 10 Mail Folders Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Folders Disappeared: I opened my Windows 10 Mail on my Laptop and all but one of my Folders (approximately 20) have disappeared. Can these be recovered in any way please, to my knowledge I didn't instigate any action to delete the Folders. I thank you in anticipation. 98379